Resource icon

Ethnic Diversity (R.E.D. Unofficial) v.29 beta 5b

Thanks for the reply, Nutty. How is #1 no biggie?

:lol: No biggie for me to fix, I mean.

about the cataprach there may be alreay maken unit because of the many byzantian empire civs

I'm sure there's a Civ4 unit, but again that requires some work with Blender to convert. Post in the unit request thread (though it doesn't usually do much good).

Can someone explain the optional units? I'm not sure I understand what would happen if I installed it.

It adds additional ethnic units that don't quite fit in with vanilla. In some cases, I've changed the default unit to match. Some are arguable, like WWII paratroopers and WWII carriers. Some are further off. There's some truck- or half-track mounted anti-aircraft guns. A couple Napoleonic musketmen. Songhai's been given the Zulu Impi. And as I mentioned, the missile cruisers are way off.

I haven't added any new unit types, however, so gameplay is not changed at all (just art). I'd really love to throw in danrell's biplanes, for instance, but that's a different mod.

i wil take a look at the civs thread because there are mods which make byzantium playable with cataprach as uu but i cant right now

i wil take a look at the civs thread because there are mods which make byzantium playable with cataprach as uu but i cant right now

I don't think any of them are using a new model. They're just knights with better stats.

I'm playing a game with the French and built a Battleship (Battleship Richelieu, if I'm not mistaken). Two things happen:
1- I don't see the actual unit on the map,just the unit icon;
2- When I try to shoot at an enemy with it, the game crashes.

Any thoughts on what it might be?

EDIT: hmm,found something, but only half-solves the problem:

in the Civ5ArtDefines_Units.xml, you have
Spoiler :
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_BATTLESHIP_RICHELIEU</Type>
<DamageStates>3</DamageStates>
<UnitMemberArt>
<MemberType>ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_BATTLESHIP_DUNKERQUE</MemberType>

Is that supposed to be DUNKERQUE or RICHELIEU?

I changed it to RICHELIEU and it allowed me to shoot (and damage) enemy units (no unit art or sound, though). However, when I tried to KILL an enemy, it crashed again.

the greek destroyer even if it has already changed to a unique one for some reason i keep seeing the vanilia version

It looks like I didn't capitalize something in the destroyer SQL properly. I didn't think that would matter, but I think that might have done the trick. I'll be uploading beta 2 today, with fixes for all of the reported issues so far. Watch the first post.

I'm playing a game with the French and built a Battleship (Battleship Richelieu, if I'm not mistaken). Two things happen:
1- I don't see the actual unit on the map,just the unit icon;
2- When I try to shoot at an enemy with it, the game crashes.

Did you try deleting your cache folder?

From the readme:
If units disappear or become spearman, try deleting the cache folder (..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache\), and re-enable all your mods, but check R.E.D. LAST.

Yes, I deleted the cache folder. That code that I posted (the one about DUNKERQUE) is suspicious. Also, in the Richelieu_Class.fxsxml, it refers to Destroyer assets, not Battleship. Is that what's supposed to be there?

is there any chance to make ur mod compatible with the "Ancient Mediterranean Civs - Greek Epic (by Numitor and ambrox62)"(it doesnt add any new skins so far)

Is that supposed to be DUNKERQUE or RICHELIEU?

Thanks, I did switch the French Battleship, and missed that reference. It should be Richelieu in both places.

Also, in the Richelieu_Class.fxsxml, it refers to Destroyer assets, not Battleship. Is that what's supposed to be there?

As far as the Destroyer references in the fxsxml, it came that way from danrell, but it shouldn't matter for the sound issue. After changing the reference you mention, I also had the sound issue the first time I tried it. This may have been an issue with cached resources, because the second time I tried it was fine. Did you try clearing your cache again after making the change above?

is there any chance to make ur mod compatible with the "Ancient Mediterranean Civs - Greek Epic (by Numitor and ambrox62)"(it doesnt add any new skins so far)

There shouldn't be any conflict. R.E.D. should change the unit scale/number just fine without interacting with gameplay at all.

Damn...I don't understand. I made the change to the xml file, deleted the cache, re-enabled the mod, started a game with the French....and the battleship is still invisible. After I edit the xml file, do I have to do anything in R.E.D. UNOFFICIAL (v 12).modinfo? Like the file md5...

After I edit the xml file, do I have to do anything in R.E.D. UNOFFICIAL (v 12).modinfo? Like the file md5...

I'm not sure why it's not working for you. No, the md5 doesn't matter.

I did put up beta 2. Does that fix the problem for you?

Nutty, you're awesome. Beta 2 fixed it. Thank you so much for your work.

the mod i said before puts some more civs.so i asked if u can make all of those civs to have the geeks units graphics(the mod is named greek epic and has only greek civs)

is this compatible with putmaks ancient world v8 or only with v6?also is there any ethnic divesity or only size changes?

the mod i said before puts some more civs.so i asked if u can make all of those civs to have the geeks units graphics(the mod is named greek epic and has only greek civs)

I can do this, but I've been trying to figure out as a general matter whether I should. I'll do a one-time thing for you if you want. But my understanding based on my reading of the mod's thread is that it will eventually be scenario-driven, like Putmalk's, and be constrained to the ancient era. I also worry where this kind of thing will stop. Should I try to put in every new civilization that the modding community has created? Only the ones where the unit selections would be obvious? Is it really obvious that e.g., modern-day Amazons would be using Greek bombers? Should I make those decisions without the input of the mod creator?

is this compatible with putmaks ancient world v8 or only with v6?also is there any ethnic divesity or only size changes?

Putmalk added another unit in v7, but based on his comment in the file, I'm not sure that it's being used yet. If that's the case, both the scale and the ethnic diversity should work fine, as far as it goes. However, diversity is limited during the ancient era (with the notable exception of bernie14's swordsmen). However, danrell appears to be working hard on those conversions. Of course, as above, the new Civs won't be accounted for, and then it's the same thing where I have to decide that, e.g., the Hittites should get the Ottoman models, etc.

i agree with u ,that u cant predict what the expired civs would use in the future but for example the differences between the west and east soldiers are obvius in any era

about the greek epic i i just said if for example the spartans can use the greek inf model and for most greek civs(i say most bec of the amazons) it is realistic but i agree that we must wait for them to release a full mod and not single civs.

Top Bottom