Smart AI mod released!! Discussion on the mod

Pardon my newbishness here, does one install this like any other mod by placing it in the Civ V mod folder?

Thanks for all of your work, looks fantastic!

So if I have WHoward's 'DLL - Various Mod Components' mod and 'Smart AI' mod installed are they compatible together or not? They both have the 'CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll' file?

So if I have WHoward's 'DLL - Various Mod Components' mod and 'Smart AI' mod installed are they compatible together or not? They both have the 'CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll' file?

There's a huge clue given in the description of my DLL

"IMPORTANT - Only one mod with a replacement DLL may be active at a time."

Does this mod work with Enhanced UI ?

I can confirm that it works with EUI and it also works well with CEP. It fixes a lot of problems that CEP doesn't fix, that is mostly because this is a DLL and CEP hasn't went down that road - at least it hasn't as of yet.

I can confirm that it works with EUI and it also works well with CEP. It fixes a lot of problems that CEP doesn't fix, that is mostly because this is a DLL and CEP hasn't went down that road - at least it hasn't as of yet.

Thanks for the info that it works with CEP. Also thanks to BC1 for his reply.

There's a huge clue given in the description of my DLL

"IMPORTANT - Only one mod with a replacement DLL may be active at a time."

Well I use a lot of your mods whoward69 that are 'DLL - Various Mod Components' dependable and I really want to give the Smart AI mod a try. Hopefully it will be included in the near future in your DLL.

Havent downloaded yet but are AI keshiks and camel archers able to move, shoot and retreat on same turn. Scary. Have to take arabia and mongols as opponents to see how they perform.

Ninakoru, any plan to continue the development or you don't have the time ? Just to know If we should expect any updates :p.

Considering that the mode is open sourced on Github, and how great and important this mod could be, the community should really look at this more closely

I could be wrong, however my conclusion (based on reports of other members of the forum) is that he has discontinued working on this mod. That said, whoward is in the process of incorporating elements of the SmartAI mod that function correctly into his own dll, so the positive changes are not lost to the void.
G

I could be wrong, however my conclusion (based on reports of other members of the forum) is that he has discontinued working on this mod. That said, whoward is in the process of incorporating elements of the SmartAI mod that function correctly into his own dll, so the positive changes are not lost to the void.
G

:( sad to see him go. Looking forward to whoward's dll update. Especially since we are limited to one dll at a time except where whoward intervenes. :)

Sadly to hear he stopped developing this.
Only thing i noticed after playing couple of games with this mod is that it enabled epic turn-and-shoot feature. On the other hand, despite author claiming that units won't shoot cities with 0 HP any more, they still do it. Looks very stupid. Maybe it works only for archers ->>> bazookas, while ignoring catapults ->>> artilleries ->>> (and the last one, i don't remember).
I cannot be sure if AI does well in techs. I had game as Pacal and there was not any problems for me to reach the most important technologies very first. I won game with Diplomacy, having Scientific in the hand.
My second game as America with Smart AI modpack is hell. Until Industrial era i was 5th/6 in technologies. I spawn with Huns on the continent, so they attacked me in the beginning and captured my second city, then he immediately proposed peace. While he was in war with Carthage during hundred of turns :)o) i had time to build-up my empire. But i'm still last in the ranking (with Carthage beaten totally).
Now i am at Atomic Era and only civilization learnt more tecnologies than me is Siam.

I dont want to return to standart AI, so i will hope somebody will take this mod for developing.

I dont want to return to standart AI, so i will hope somebody will take this mod for developing.

See the following:
That said, whoward is in the process of incorporating elements of the SmartAI mod that function correctly into his own dll, so the positive changes are not lost to the void.

I'm quite sure the AI doesn't have the "switch units" option as it moves each unit one at a time. One way to prevent a lot of the problems with running out of melee in taking a city or overcrowding, would be to give the AI an action that involves switching two units if both haven't used up their turns...this is a standard thing for the human but I have not once seen it for the AI, I frequently sneak a melee horse in for the finishing kill using this...AI can take 2-3 turns to move a new melee into position if you kill all of theirs. Same with siege if there are too many melee in the pack.

Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's ego here but, if anyone really wants to see this mod developed more may I suggest you look at the work being done in the Community Patch.

As it is based on the extensive work done by whoward69 and is currently progressing well with Gazebo's oversight it is more likely than this mod to have a significant impact on AI.

The code that this mod is using is already folded into the DLL - Various Mods mod from whoward69, at least that code that works or is in a reasonable shape, and that is the base from which the new Community Patch is built. I understand some of the code from here didn't quite live up to the hype of the writer and is not activated in the work in the Community Patch.

As all of us want to see improvement with the AI, perhaps if we all look at where the most development is, and give help if possible, we might just see some steps forward.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

I tried in the last two weeks the Community Patch, but it is a bit frustrating as I could not finish one proper game. New versions are not save game compatible and every version had some game breaking bug, like a religion not working or crashes to desktop. It is buggy. On the positive side it is actively developed and Gazebo does tons of cool work and responds to bugs, which I like a lot! But its main focus is also on the "balance patch", which changes underlying game mechanics, buildings etc, which I am not interested in. I just want the Vanilla game with a less breaindead AI.

There is also the issue that both mods, whoward69's Smart AI enabler thingy and the Community Patch itself are changing AI behaviour, but I don't know if it is tested together or not.

Top Bottom