Super Power Modpack - Total Conversion

Strange bug I'm having here.

I founded my city, turn one, and started going towards pottery. Then, it tells me to choose a production, but I can't build anything. Playing the Shoshone, spawned on an island.

Continents, small, prince, speed standard.

Mod is interesting so far. I'm definitely liking the new buildings and the alternate tech paths/ build paths. I already see many viable ones. It's already a step up from actual game, honestly, because a lot more things are actually usable and viable now.

Founded a religion, I don't see pressure on other cities. Is religious pressure different in this mod?

I can't confirm that. Pressure is displayed properly in my game. May be another mod conflicting.

Something I'm interested in is why you chose to have settlers lose 10 HP outside friendly territory. Any special intention behind it? Maybe to stop AIs from settling like a thousand miles away from their starting point?

And concerning the translation: I hope I'll be able to finish it this week. :)
Edit: Argh... I must've deleted a symbol somewhere because it's just showing up as TXT_KEY and so on. Damn it. Any idea on how to find the spot? :dubious:
I was almost done with the base mod. :shake:

Sorry to hear that. Does the crash happen on Certain AI turns? If so, who is the AI and what is it doing at that turn?
If you could upload your saved file that will prove to be more helpful!

You may try using DLL - Various Mod Components v45 other than the latest version, which was considered to be more stable.

Best of luck.

Sweet! Thanks. That worked for me, I think. It's probably the latest DLL version after all. Using v45 now and it's working fine.

EDIT2: Or so I thought >.< As it turned out, after playing it some length into it, it crashed again. I don't think it has anything in particular to do with specific AI turns. Previously, I thought it was because of certain wonders I built. Some trial and error proved that wrong. I suspected it was certain turn numbers, but it doesn't seem to be the case either (it varies).

I doubt it's got to do with specific civilizations. Each time I play, I randomize the opponent civilizations, so they're not the same ones each time. Their actions are pretty random in all cases as well, probably corresponding to their respective personalities so I guess that might not be the reason either.

I'll either edit this post or make a separate post with a link to the save later after I try again (and make a save closer to the turn it crashes).

EDIT3: Here you go. I don't see any common links between the crashes. Seems really random if you ask me. Hopefully you'll have better luck finding out what went wrong. Is it a problem on my end, or is it a bug for real? Anyway, here's the link to the save. I saved every turn so this one happens to be one turn before it crashed for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cch88qpguj03hk1/QuickSave.Civ5Save

That said, I have a feeling since its so random, there's probably a chance it doesn't crash in the next turn for you. I would suggest you just let a few turns go by first just to see if it holds up.

I can't confirm that. Pressure is displayed properly in my game. May be another mod conflicting.

Something I'm interested in is why you chose to have settlers lose 10 HP outside friendly territory. Any special intention behind it? Maybe to stop AIs from settling like a thousand miles away from their starting point?

Edit: Argh... I must've deleted a symbol somewhere because it's just showing up as TXT_KEY and so on. Damn it. Any idea on how to find the spot? :dubious:

viel Glück!:)

Great mod.

Indeed, it crashes sometimes on the same turn. Civ5save file included (for debug).

Best regards!

Attachments

• AutoSave_0837 AD-1818.Civ5Save
    781 KB · Views: 160
I am a bit confused how exactly we're supposed to unpack the full mod. Normally I do a direct download when Steam is being persnickity (i.e. all the time) and create a new fold with the mod name and then unpack the files into that.

Yet when I did so, I got a lot of file folders and some more files that needed to be unpacked. Yet when I did this, I was getting warnings I was overwriting certain files. So what is the best way to unpack the .RAR file?

This is a dumb question but did you use WinRAR to unpack the RAR file?

Otherwise you can unpack the original civ5mod file with 7Zip. I was frustrated why it wasn't unpacking until I Googled it and found that solution.

Otherwise, great mod! Definitely adds a new feel to warfare and just having two units per tile is a pleasure.

Hi - I am having a problem loading saved games running this mod. I was hoping it was a known issue, though I couldn't google up a solution.

I can start and run new games without issue. Selecting a saved game and clicking next immediately crashes the game to desktop with no error message. This does not happen with unmodded saves.

Things I've tried:

Deleting and reinstalling the DLC files.
Loading the save game from the mod menu.
Running steam in offline mode with cloud saves disabled.
Loading multiple different autosaves.
Creating a new modded game and loading saves from within that game.

I will go into more detail (and make a tech support thread) if needed. I'm really hoping there's something simple here - I was enjoying this mod so much!

Sorry but the text files in this mod are a little massed up. Sometimes you may need to find some certain text in .xml other than NewTextTweak_EN_US. Like the texts of the new corruption system & nuclear winter are located in NewGameRules.xml. Thanks for your hard work!

Sweet! Thanks. That worked for me, I think. It's probably the latest DLL version after all. Using v45 now and it's working fine.

EDIT2: Or so I thought >.< As it turned out, after playing it some length into it, it crashed again. I don't think it has anything in particular to do with specific AI turns. Previously, I thought it was because of certain wonders I built. Some trial and error proved that wrong. I suspected it was certain turn numbers, but it doesn't seem to be the case either (it varies).

I doubt it's got to do with specific civilizations. Each time I play, I randomize the opponent civilizations, so they're not the same ones each time. Their actions are pretty random in all cases as well, probably corresponding to their respective personalities so I guess that might not be the reason either.

I'll either edit this post or make a separate post with a link to the save later after I try again (and make a save closer to the turn it crashes).

EDIT3: Here you go. I don't see any common links between the crashes. Seems really random if you ask me. Hopefully you'll have better luck finding out what went wrong. Is it a problem on my end, or is it a bug for real? Anyway, here's the link to the save. I saved every turn so this one happens to be one turn before it crashed for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cch88qpguj03hk1/QuickSave.Civ5Save

That said, I have a feeling since its so random, there's probably a chance it doesn't crash in the next turn for you. I would suggest you just let a few turns go by first just to see if it holds up.

@Acatalepsy, I'm very sorry but I don't have the Korea DLC so I can't open your saved file.

I am a bit confused how exactly we're supposed to unpack the full mod. Normally I do a direct download when Steam is being persnickity (i.e. all the time) and create a new fold with the mod name and then unpack the files into that.

Yet when I did so, I got a lot of file folders and some more files that needed to be unpacked. Yet when I did this, I was getting warnings I was overwriting certain files. So what is the best way to unpack the .RAR file?

If you download the unpacked version, just move everything into your mods folder and it is done!

Hi - I am having a problem loading saved games running this mod. I was hoping it was a known issue, though I couldn't google up a solution.

I can start and run new games without issue. Selecting a saved game and clicking next immediately crashes the game to desktop with no error message. This does not happen with unmodded saves.

Things I've tried:

Deleting and reinstalling the DLC files.
Loading the save game from the mod menu.
Running steam in offline mode with cloud saves disabled.
Loading multiple different autosaves.
Creating a new modded game and loading saves from within that game.

I will go into more detail (and make a tech support thread) if needed. I'm really hoping there's something simple here - I was enjoying this mod so much!

What is the size of your saved file? if it is abnormal (12kb or 11kb) please go to the Troubleshooting. There is a detailed solution.

Great mod, but every game I try and play crashes at some point(always different), and will continue to crash at that same point. In each game I have played, it has been at a different point in the game, I've tried finding a common denominator, but it seems pretty random.

These are the mods I have running:

http://i.imgur.com/ussL538.jpg

I tried using the v45 of the DLL mod, like you mentioned in an earlier post to see if that stopped the crashing, but it didn't work sadly.

The original save was not corrupt after starting the game, it was larger than 12kb:

Here is a link to the save file:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/8nmtmc

Good luck with the mod, I hope you iron all the bugs out, because it's a great mod, with a lot of potential.

Top Bottom