Super Power Modpack - Total Conversion

I just ran across your mod last night, and it looks great. I was really enjoying it. There were a few peculiarities, but for the most part it was stable for me. One thing that I've found that is potentially game breaking for me, or at least annoying enough for me to stop using the mod is diplomacy in general, and religion as it relates to diplomacy.

In my game I'm playing the Shoshone and I'm in the center of a Pangaea (Huge map, Warlord, Marathon). I have gotten several Great Prophets coming and converting my capital. The ones from Hostile nations are deserved, but I've gotten one from a Neutral, and two successive ones from a Friendly. At first I was annoyed, but just rolled with it, but when I protested to the Neutral and Friendly they said they wouldn't send their missionaries in any more, and then proceeded to immediately convert another city. I've never seen this happen.

Another detail that indicates for me that the problem might be in the diplomacy section of the mod is that the AI is incredibly volatile. I've had nations go from Friendly to Denouncing with the two diplomacy actions listed as Made friendships with the same nations and We denounced you. The next turn they were hostile.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(4) Nuclear Winter:
Nukes are bad. If there are too many nuclear detonations in the game, the nuclear winter will fall.
Nuclear winter will gradually drop the food and production output to 0, of all tiles in the whole map.
If the nuclear winter gets to its worst condition, it will be the end of all civilizations in the game.
Spoiler :

What about buildings that give direct food (like granary) or production ? For the long nuclear winter war purpose (vide Lycerius Civ2 playthrough) it would be better to somehow keep the possibility to play on vey harsh conditions. Is that possible on this mod ?

I really enjoy this mod as it gets rid of the monotony of the late game experience of Civ V, but right now I am at a standstill as my game continually crashes on the barbarian turn.

Enclosed on the bottom is my save file:
View attachment Washington_0109 AD-0980.Civ5Save

Some additional information:
Running newest Super Power Mod download directly off of link
Occasional use of IGE to alter some gameplay
No other mods besides that

*Have to complete the turn to get to the barbarian problem, otherwise everything is smooth running until the barbarian turn which instantly crashes the game.

Sorry, I'm new to this forum. I created this account just to get some solutions with for this mod: that's how much I enjoy it. Thanks a lot!

Anyway for us to modify this part? To either a different value or just completely remove it?

<!-- Unit/Combat Defines -->
<!--<Update>
---<Set Value="2"/>
---<Where Name="PLOT_UNIT_LIMIT" />
</Update>-->

Anyway for us to modify this part? To either a different value or just completely remove it?

<!-- Unit/Combat Defines -->
<!--<Update>
---<Set Value="2"/>
---<Where Name="PLOT_UNIT_LIMIT" />
</Update>-->
You could just remove it. Or modify it to whatever you want as long as it isn't set to zero :mischief:

Is Lincoln still working on updating this? If not has anyone figured out the no tech tree scrolling bug?

Another bug I've had a few times our late game I'm no longer able to pick the next tech to research. Anyone know why that happens?

Still a great mod. I love the two unit combat with all the new units.

Yeah, Lincoln hasn't posted since August 11, so I doubt that he's going to be doing any updates here.

I've been gradually working some of the issues out on my copy, but bear in mind that I'm also playing with other mods active:

• City State Diplomancy v24
  • Civ IV Diplomacy Features v10
  • InfoAddict v 22
  • In Game Editor v39
  • More Luxuries v 1.52
  • RED Modpack v27
  • Really Advanced Start v13
  • And a ton of Whoward's Pick n Mix mods.

So, whatever I fix on my end might not help anyone else out. I'm also not a full time coder by any stretch - I work with Visual Basic pretty regularly to write code, but I'm no whiz with this stuff.

That all being said, perhaps I'll eventually be comfortable enough to post up a continuation of this mod with a few of the problems fixed. Or not - we'll have to see. Maybe someone with more skills than me can pick up the torch here and try to get this thing more stable. Pity that the original author vanished...

Hello. I installed your total conversion and played a game until the end of the 19th century (yes, I know I'm still missing the meat of the MOD).
As interesting as I find it, however, having two different languages displayed is a tad game breaking, at least in my opinion. I was wondering if you were okay with me translating it into Italian (my native language) and, if so, if I can simply copy the xml files containing the new strings, append _IT_IT to their name, translate them and see the new translated strings inside the game or if it will be necessary additional work on your behalf to see them.

Yeah, Lincoln hasn't posted since August 11, so I doubt that he's going to be doing any updates here.

I've been gradually working some of the issues out on my copy, but bear in mind that I'm also playing with other mods active:

• InfoAddict v 22
  • In Game Editor v39
  • More Luxuries v 1.52
  • RED Modpack v27

So, whatever I fix on my end might not help anyone else out. I'm also not a full time coder by any stretch - I work with Visual Basic pretty regularly to write code, but I'm no whiz with this stuff.

That all being said, perhaps I'll eventually be comfortable enough to post up a continuation of this mod with a few of the problems fixed. Or not - we'll have to see. Maybe someone with more skills than me can pick up the torch here and try to get this thing more stable. Pity that the original author vanished...

Well i dont know anything about coding lol. I really like this mod, but there is one problem, he lowered the gold prices of purchases, and made trade routes give insane amounts of gold. I played a game on king, on prefect world. I made it to industrial era and i could take on the whole world, lol. I was getting like 800 gold per turn. You didnt happen to fix that did you?

Hi, the mod seems to work perfectly here, the only problem are the texts about policies and civilization's power (and maybe others), the old one aren't replaced by the mod so even if the effects are taken into account i can't know what are them (for example aristocracy is modded from what i see in the mod files but the explanation is the same as vanilla (my game is in italian language)) only new policies/features have proper description

EDIT i fixed it by setting the game's language to english

• InfoAddict v 22
  • In Game Editor v39
  • More Luxuries v 1.52
  • RED Modpack v27

OH awesome! Were you able to fix the Ingame Editor compatibility. The mod is fun but having IGE working on it would be even better.

Hi, I've downloaded and used this mod for the past month, and I have to say I really enjoy it. It's the best civ 5 mod I've played and I even didn't have to deal with the many bugs I've been reading in this thread, just the save bug, but since I followed the advise of lincoln_lyf in one of the first post of this thread it all went smothly.

The thing is that my steam Civ 5 auto updated to a new version a few days ago, and since then, the mod turn buggy, so I wanted to know if there's going to be any update of this mod to compensate for that, since I really hope to keep playing this awesome mod.

Mr. Lincoln...

Pleaseeeee update your mod... the patch recently from firaxis destroyed the mod T__T...
like cocoa with iron icon... no information about tiles... etc etc....

please >.<
Im a big FAN of this Mod... really >.<

An excellent mode, destroyed by the tech bug for me. I played a wonderful game up to the point I cannot chose a technology to move on any more. The game stops there, you cannot end turn even if you wished not to research anything from now on. Such a pity.

The modpack looks very good but at about the turn 280 (Marathon) the game keeps stop working without any message. It simply disappears. :mad:

Ver 1.0.3.144, standard map size, limited number of opponents and medium graphic set.

Any idea to solve the issue ?

I tried hard to make it playable... But it's not.

Tested on BNW 1.0.3.144 :
VMC v53 + SP v4.0
VMC v53 + SP v4.2
VMC v65 + SP v4.2
Standard map size, limited number of opponents and medium graphic set. Not any name change

Finaly, the save game get corrupted before 160 turns (Marathon speed) The size looks normal (~1200KB) but when loading It crach. What you call CTD I believe :sad:

Top Bottom