So, Polynesia kept beating me to Wonders...

BlakeTheDrake

Warlord
You know the old 'KHAAAAAAAAN!' reference, right? Even gets referred in one of the game's Achievements. Someone frustrates and defeats you, and you respond by shouting out their name while the camera spins around you - more or less.

Well, in my latest game, while I was otherwise holding a decent lead in the early-game tech-race, Polynesia kept beating me to Wonders - usually by just 1 or 2 turns, and timing it so cleverly that I'd have to jump back SEVERAL autosaves to pre-empt them. The third wonder I lost that was was the Great Mosque of Djenne - one of the Civic-specific Wonders that I'd pretty much counted as a sure thing. :mad:

Frustrated, I found myself reverting to the above meme, crying out the name of my nemesis...

KAAAAMEEEEHAAAAMEEEHAAAAA!!! :aargh:

...and I honestly didn't realize what I'd just done 'till afterwards. :D So hey, at least I got a good grin out of it in the end... (But I'm still gonna kick Mr. DragonBall's ass and take all his Wonders as soon as I get around to building a fleet for the purpose. Bastard. :nuke:)

Top Bottom