How do harbors work

therottweiler

Chieftain
My capital and other city are on same continent and share an ocean. Cargo ships go back and forth. I built a harbor in the other city yet no trade connection? What am I missing? Only mod I use is Strange Religions. Thx.

Is there a harbor in the capital?

Are you at war? Sea based city connections can be blocked by enemy ships..

Yes, both cities need a harbor.

The capital needs a harbor and all other cities that are built in another continent in a coast also need a harbor so that that city can have a trade route.

You also need the wheel researched to get city connections to work, even if it's through harbors. Make sure you actually take that tech if you're Carthage.

The capital needs a harbor and all other cities that are built in another continent in a coast also need a harbor so that that city can have a trade route.

Your capital doesn't necessarily need a harbour but if not it must be connected by road/rail to a city of yours that does have one. Similarly for cities on another continent, as long as one of them has a harbour and they are road/rail connected. Pretty sure this won't have changed in BNW?

Your capital doesn't necessarily need a harbour but if not it must be connected by road/rail to a city of yours that does have one. Similarly for cities on another continent, as long as one of them has a harbour and they are road/rail connected. Pretty sure this won't have changed in BNW?

In short always build a harbour in your capital if it is coastal. If it is not then connect it to a city which has a harbour

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

In short always build a harbour in your capital if it is coastal. If it is not then connect it to a city which has a harbour

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

As usual board delivers. Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom