Multiplayer Patch

Nathyrawr

Chieftain
Hi guys,

I've just tried the new patch with my friends today, sadly the problem is still happening with the resyncs. I've done some searching on the forums to see whether anyone else is experiencing the same problems but I can't see anything. I'm wondering whether this is just me or is the problem still existent? :(

Cheers.

Was there a new patch? My steam did not download anything except for some workshop stuff...

Luckily I haven't had any resync or crash issues. But there is a bug that is affecting all the games I play. When the game gets loaded, it skips a turn, making the AI go twice.

Example:
I save the game with 100 gold and have a +10gold per turn. Save. Exit.
Next day, load, turn ends, I see AI move, then Move again, instead of saying next turn, it says please wait. I can now play again, and I have 120gold and a building that took 2 turns to finish has been completed and barbarians have escaped with my worker.

Do you see the point I'm making. Simply force ending the turn I loaded, and doing nothing the next turn before I can actually start back in the game can be devastating!
It is becoming an increasing troublesom and frustating issue!

I really hope more people notice this issue and report it. Cause this can ruin any game.
And I really hope they will look into it and fix it.

Luckily I haven't had any resync or crash issues. But there is a bug that is affecting all the games I play. When the game gets loaded, it skips a turn, making the AI go twice.

I have seen this couple of times now in multiplayer game with 2-3 players. I'm not sure if it actually happens every time we load a save.

There was also another thing I noticed in last time I played in 3 player game. In second session one of the players was playing with different PC than the one he started the game. Game simply refused to load the turn for other 2 players. We tried to load a previous turn, but it didn't help.

In third reload, after doing the old-fashioned "kicking the player out from server and then re-hosting from save made after that", I forgot to mark the game as private game. Surprisingly the game started working.

I'm not sure if it was the kicking troublesome player and then reloading the game, or the fact that server was now not private and accepted the player in another PC helped but it would make sense that either steam or the game does not recognize a player with different machine as the player who started the game with different machine. He uses same steam account and steam nick on both pc:s.

Hi guys,

I've just tried the new patch with my friends today, sadly the problem is still happening with the resyncs. I've done some searching on the forums to see whether anyone else is experiencing the same problems but I can't see anything. I'm wondering whether this is just me or is the problem still existent? :(

Cheers.

Hello,

whenever we start a new MP game it runs without any resync problems. Though, as soon as we try to load the MP game we can't move our units anymore. More precisely one person can move, but all others are stuck in the first turn of the loaded game.

Unfortunately this makes civi unplayable in the multiplayer mode.

Has anyone experienced similar problems or do you have an idea how we could fix this issue?

Hello,

whenever we start a new MP game it runs without any resync problems. Though, as soon as we try to load the MP game we can't move our units anymore. More precisely one person can move, but all others are stuck in the first turn of the loaded game.

Unfortunately this makes civi unplayable in the multiplayer mode.

Has anyone experienced similar problems or do you have an idea how we could fix this issue?

One player needs to leave and hotjoin. Everybody loses a turn but it works.

Honestly civ5 is a lost case. After BE I cant believe firaxi can make good games anymore nor keep them playable.

But there is a bug that is affecting all the games I play. When the game gets loaded, it skips a turn, making the AI go twice.

Yes, I'm experiencing this, too. When my father and I have played, this has happened almost every single time we've loaded any multiplayer game since the multiplayer patch. Whenever we load a multiplayer save game, it starts at the beginning of whatever turn it was on when we saved (discarding anything we had done that turn before saving,) then lets the AIs (including the barbarians :mad:) play an extra turn. This often results in losing battles that would otherwise have been won against barbarians and/or losing workers to them. It's really frustrating and it never happened before the recent multiplayer patch. I really wish there were a way to revert the patch.

Additionally, the Windows 8 touchscreen version has been crashing regularly since that patch, whereas it almost never crashed before the patch. The regular DX9 and DX10/11 versions don't seem to be having this issue. So, I can play the DX10/11 version on my tablet, but then I have to use a mouse instead of the touchscreen controls. The aforementioned multiplayer turn-skipping bug then adds insult to injury when attempting to reload after a crash. Instead of just losing a turn of progress, the barbarians get an extra turn on us upon reloading after a crash. It's really frustrating.

I gave MP a go again. Had some lobby issues with players not being removed from the room on quit (or something else), but resyncs and crashes seemed not to be an issue.

People being stuck after reload and the AI moving at the beginning of the reload are the two huge issues atm. It is funny how with each patch they manage to fix one thing but break another.

Example:
I save the game with 100 gold and have a +10gold per turn. Save. Exit.
Next day, load, turn ends, I see AI move, then Move again, instead of saying next turn, it says please wait. I can now play again, and I have 120gold and a building that took 2 turns to finish has been completed and barbarians have escaped with my worker.

Do you see the point I'm making. Simply force ending the turn I loaded, and doing nothing the next turn before I can actually start back in the game can be devastating!
It is becoming an increasing troublesom and frustating issue!

I really hope more people notice this issue and report it. Cause this can ruin any game.
And I really hope they will look into it and fix it.

Been having the same issue in all my multiplayer games.

Every load save the ai takes two turns.

Has there been any fix or some workaround? I cant believe everyone is playing multiplayer and ok that this happens..lol

I cant believe everyone is playing multiplayer and ok that this happens..lol

Usually a mp games involve human players only. That's why there isn't much trouble with that overall.

Which one of you is hosting the game? How good is said hosts internet and computer?

If a player leaves, the ai gets a double turn too, kinda annoying if you are warring.
But tbh this is not the worst issue in civ 5 multiplayer right now. thats clearly host stability in every respect, i think 50% of people is not able to host a game a survive multiple resyncs without the game freezing up.

Top Bottom