Thought on a fun multiplayer game.

QuantumParadigm

Chieftain
So, recently, I've met a couple guys (one a coworker at my new job, and a friend of his), we all play Civ 5 (and have ALL the expansions and DLC ;) )

Well, I like to play a more peaceful trade and cultural type of civ.

My co-worker like to have a militaristic playstyle.

And his friends LOVED to have what he calls the "Super-Jesus", and love making religions.

So, I'm trying to think of a unique way to play for all of us, and I think I found it.

I like to call it the "Mega-city state game.

Basically, MAX out the number of city states available, but also make the AI harder to compensate, since what I feel it would be onfair, cause we would be playing as:

Venice (me)
Portugal (my co-worker)
Austria (his friend)

Venice would work for me, as I could basically just play Trade barron, and bring in as much gold as possible (Rushing Machu Picchu, along with a few others), and concentrating on Commerce (and maybe Piety)

I puppet city states that I can. Which are random in what they make, but should provide me with at least a defensive army.

Mean while Austria build a SMALL nation (no more than 4 unique towns), concentrating on Tradition/Patronage/Piety. I'd allow him to have the best Piety skills, but I'd have another religion, so your countries would benefit from that one perk that allows you to benefit from the second most popular belief bonuses too.

He can also use Diplomatic Marriage to just annex cities and expand territory.

Then we would have Portugal which could expand quickly and using their unique improvement, gain luxury resources, which they could funnel to me, while I funnel money to them. They would also have the biggest standing armor, since if those improvements get pillaged, it's automatic war.

I think it'd be interesting to split the city states like that (without out-right conquering them), and each serve a different niche in a game, and give it a unique way of playing?

Any suggestions or concerns on how it might work?>

Top Bottom