Pokémon in the Real World

So...basically a miniature Slaking?

I could have caught a Bibarrel the other day if the game had already been out. (No, seriously, there's a beaver living near my place (and a 10 minute bus ride from downtown Ottawa)

So can you play the game not using augmented reality? I just saw a guy playing in line at taco bell but the pokemon was on some animated background like his camera was off. I thought they sat on countertops or real floors and stuff.

Yeah, you can switch AR mode off (to save battery, most notably)

Nintendo's stock has almost doubled since pokemon go was released in the US. Crazy. Missed that boat.

The game is now reportedly on 6% of Canadian Android phones.

The game is not yet out in Canada.

I know! Started my collection. So far nothing really outstanding...I glimpsed Lapras and Tauros on the "nearby" list but never managed to track them down (THANKS THREE STEPS BUG), so other than having two of the starters (started Charmander, caught Squirtle), I haven't got much that's particularly impressive.

I kinda wish I'd been paying more attention to this. Nintendo stock has almost doubled in a little over a week.

edit: and I just read the posts up above =P

Tried it over the weekend. I've never played a Pokemon game before, but I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Uninstalled it after two days since there not much meat there.
As a game it's very basic, but it's a really cool concept. Could be implemented better in the future.
It also appears to be very buggy ans unstable.

Went for a short walk yesterday to look for some pokemons. But either I couldn't connect to the servers, or the app itself froze up on me. Hope they get this sorted soon.

Top Bottom