Faerun

I really hope that v.15 BNW is still in the works and I can't wait until it is complete.

I know that Civ VI is on the horizon and that this might have an impact on the motivation. However, your Faerun Mods (both!) where the only reason I kept playing Civ 5. So please make an epic ending to the great masterpiece! ;)

I started this mod today. Sometimes I start going backwards in population even with plenty of food. Has happened in 2 games... Any ideas?

---

City health it seems is the answer

If you can only choose Illusion and you choose all of the illusion abilities, when you get another point, you can't spend it and you can't end your turn...

:crazyeye:

Hi,

I would really like to try out this mod, but I have problem.

I have game version 1.0.3.144, with GNK and BNW.

I installed following mods - Art Assets v5, Faerun for BNW v.14, Faerun soundtrack v4 and Faerun swordcoast v6. I see all mods in mod selection screen. I can enable art assets, soundtrack and single scenario, but when I try to enable Faerun for BNW v14 I get message 'This version of the game is not compatible with this mod'.
Help, what can it be?

Thank you that worked, now I can enable mod. I did so and the game updated, but how to play mod? I dont see anything in game setup where I can pick modded version to play. Sorry for all the questions..

First of all, great job and thanks for all your work :)

Unfortunately I'm experiencing crashes when, as Szass Tam, my Aznar Thrull launches a fireball at a nearby barbarian wraith in an encampment. I though maybe the animation was the problem so I tried it with quick combat on, but same result.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Can you tell me what a Good Cult Center is for the good victory?

A cult centre is a city state that is the holy city of a particular cult. It will display the relevant cult symbol, and will periodically give quests. Each cult only has one holy city. Whether it's good, neutral or evil depends on the cult.

So, for a good victory, you'll need to control the city states that are the holy cities of Torm, Tyr, Lathander, Selune, and Mistra. "Control" means have them as an ally or actually govern them.

First of all, great job and thanks for all your work :)

Unfortunately I'm experiencing crashes when, as Szass Tam, my Aznar Thrull launches a fireball at a nearby barbarian wraith in an encampment. I though maybe the animation was the problem so I tried it with quick combat on, but same result.

Any ideas?
Thanks

OK, it seems the wraiths rather than the fireballs may be the issue.
Fireballs on other enemies work fine.
Archers attacking the wraiths crashes the game.
Also, the wraith unit graphic doesn't seem to be there. the space looks empty, just with the circular unit banner there to show they are present.
The wraiths didn't attack my units sitting next to them either.

Just me? :)

I got mod working and I am loving it, but since today when I start new game all the tiles are displayed as lava and mountains are black. The tooltip reads grass etc.. is this some bug? I tried different map types but still same.

I got mod working and I am loving it, but since today when I start new game all the tiles are displayed as lava and mountains are black. The tooltip reads grass etc.. is this some bug? I tried different map types but still same.

That sounds like the underdark tileset. If you play the Faerun + Underdark scenario, you'll find the underdark "continent" uses that tileset. I think when you use a map script a continent may be assigned that set. Not sure as I always play the scenario, but that's what it sounds like to me, and if so is catagorically not a bug.

I have a wraith graphic and they cause no problems. My guess is you're missing a file. Re-download?

Im also missing wraith graphics and attacking one crashes the game every time. I suppose it is possible that I had some problem with the installation of the art assets. It was surely difficult enough to do. Steam crashed every time while trying to install them and, once I found out that it is possible to unzip the cov5mod files manually with 7zip, I had to install that to my computer. For some reason, the art assets seemed to be the only mod I had such problems in installing, so it kind of bugs me if I have to go through that again. Any idea where the wraith graphics is located and under what name. I would like to take a look at that before trying a reinstall?

Im also missing wraith graphics and attacking one crashes the game every time. I suppose it is possible that I had some problem with the installation of the art assets. It was surely difficult enough to do. Steam crashed every time while trying to install them and, once I found out that it is possible to unzip the cov5mod files manually with 7zip, I had to install that to my computer. For some reason, the art assets seemed to be the only mod I had such problems in installing, so it kind of bugs me if I have to go through that again. Any idea where the wraith graphics is located and under what name. I would like to take a look at that before trying a reinstall?

Managed to fix mine, at least it seems that way now. The problem was that I unzipped the art assets in a another computer and moved the folder with a memory stick. This must have caused some kind of data corruption. Another possibility is that the machine I unpacked the mod file was 64 bit, while the game is in an older 32 bit machine. When I unzipped the asset file in the 32 bit machine, it started working. No more missing graphics and crashes. So now I can spend all my spare time with Faerun during the coming weeks. ;)

Brilliant mod. Only wish I knew about it earlier, I used to develop a lot of stuff on FFH, and would have contributed. Disappointing how such a great mod was missed by me for so long.

Brilliant mod. Only wish I knew about it earlier, I used to develop a lot of stuff on FFH, and would have contributed. Disappointing how such a great mod was missed by me for so long.
Glad you liked Faerun. I certainly could have used help expanding the mod; it suffers from a single perspective and a lack of balance (one tester....).

I realize that this mod will shortly be irrelevant; that said I'm still planning to release a v.15 that fixes some issues though will not add as much content as I had originally planned. I do apologize to users for making those claims, but I've been extremely ill for months and just haven't the time or energy to invest in a serious modding venture.

Glad you liked Faerun. I certainly could have used help expanding the mod; it suffers from a single perspective and a lack of balance (one tester....).

I realize that this mod will shortly be irrelevant; that said I'm still planning to release a v.15 that fixes some issues though will not add as much content as I had originally planned. I do apologize to users for making those claims, but I've been extremely ill for months and just haven't the time or energy to invest in a serious modding venture.

I don't think it will become irrelevant; many still play FFH in Civ IV and continue to develop mods for Civ III and IV. Faerun will remain what it is - probably the best TCM to come out of CiV, hands down IMHO. :)

@notque: Depending upon how moddable Civ VI is, you can bet that there will be an FFH-like mod community to develop it. I welcome all of you to be a part of it; I guarantee that I will be if we can overcome custom modeling and animations for VI relatively early. I am hopeful....

Thank you for the Mod, it's spectacular.

I've been running into a bug, though; hoping for some guidance. If I load the scenarios, I get only one civ selection option: Baldur's Gate in Faerun+Underdark and Rashemen in Faerun.

I'm running on DX9, using Civ version 1.0.3.279, and running Faerun for BNW v.14, Faerun Art Assets v.5, and Faerun Soundtrack v.4. I've tried unloading and reinstalling Civ itself, the Mods, clearing the cache, but nothing seems to shake the issue. Any ideas as to what could be causing this or what else I could try to fix it? Thanks!

Top Bottom