Ask a Star Fox 64 Expert

Anything about the Star Fox 64 video game, whether you want tips, how to get the elusive medal in Sector Z, how the heck to get 1,800 + kills, what a CUS is, exc.

As for my credentials: I've got over 1,900 kills in a game, medaled every level on Expert except Easy Venom, and I'm me...

Do you think James McCloud appearing at the end was Fox's imagination, a ghost or really him?

I personally believe it was a ghost. As evidence, I cite the fact that he totally vanishes (Or seems too) rather than slowly flying away.

I think its impossible that it was his imagination, how could his imagination have led him out?

That said, I haven't really played the later games much, so perhaps this was contradicted somewhere.

1,994 makes me more qualified. Step aside youngling.

I don't believe your score though.

(BTW: I know the inevitable "I don't believe yours either", but... Oh well. There's no way your score is 2 higher than mine. Yesterday your high score would have been 1,953 by this logic.)

Do you even know what a CUS is? If so, tell us.... Because you pretty much need to know to even break 1,700.

Huh? Are you saying I'm unqualified?

My highscore is 1,992. I think that makes me qualified. That is, unless you are more qualified...

No, I'm saying that this thread is a stupid idea. Who wants to ask you questions about playing a 14 year old game that doesn't even really have a competitive scene?

I mean I can understand an ask a Starcraft II Top 200 player, but...SF64? Really?

I suppose it's better than Tom Petty...but still!

Same here.

While I agree with Owen I was going to voice my opinion by ignoring the thread and letting people carry on with their own buisness.

Buuut you didn't so you fail I guess?

Question:

Did developing the enemy bioweapons really make Andross an insane fool?

Buuut you didn't so you fail I guess?

Voicing the opinion became useful the moment someone had said it. Like "yeah you're not alone to think that btw".

Seriously do we need two Star Fox 64 threads hovering around. I don't think so. This thread sounds like it's going to be about records and exchanges about the game between various people, all of which could easily fit with the other one.

Otherwise, I don't think OP can teach us much about Star Fox 64 that gamefaq and the internet can't (which is what I almost said but didn't until I realized I wasn't alone thinking it)

So basically this is just going to be a thread about Star Fox 64, discussing it and whatnot. And there's already one out there. Which was already stretching it really if you ask me, but that's just me I guess. Maybe a general thread about N64 games would be an idea.

i tried playing starcraft 64, but was terrible at it. got to fortuna before i got shot down to death many times.

the basics i can get, but the way of aiming and shoting is very cumbersome...

Have you been turned into a furry?

No, I just like Star Wars.

What is your highest score in the canon path? (Corneria, Meteo, Finicina, Solar, Macbeth, Area 6, Hard Venom)

Wow. I almost never take this path. I will do so the next time I play after I hit 2,000 kills and let you know. I took it once lately, and I think the score was 1,500 to 1,600 or so.

I DO REMEMBER taking this same path, except subbing Katina instead of Finicina, and I got 1,710 roughly.

For reference, my highest score ever was 1,992 taking Co, Me, Ka, SX, Ma, A6, Ve. I will be trying to break 2,000 next game. After I do that, I'll play the path above.

Before I do it though, what are the rules. Do I have to do it the "Canon way" without using change course, or would you consider using "Change Course" (As long as I change it to the courses on those paths), to be fair game?

Also, BTW, I know technically Co, SY, Aq, Zo, Ma, A6, Ve, is the "Best" path for the experts (Here's the video reference as to WHY its the best)
but seriously, whether its because I'm just not naturally good enough or don't play 12 hours a day 7 days a week;), I simply haven't figured out how to properly exploit this glitch.

For sake of reference, what is your highest score? (On any path.)

Why are you so obsessed with such an old game?

I'm not, I'm just awesome at it:)

i tried playing starcraft 64, but was terrible at it. got to fortuna before i got shot down to death many times.

the basics i can get, but the way of aiming and shoting is very cumbersome...

I don't know if I'm just naturally talented, but the first time I ever played, I reached Mission 5 (I couldn't get off the Blue Path however.)

That said, you really should be able to survive on Wolf. Because it only lasts like 3 minutes before the bomb explodes and the Star Wolf Team retreats (Which forces you to stay on the Blue Path, but you still advance.)

So, if you REALLY can't take them (I couldn't the first few times I played), just run away and sommersault, and time will run out before you know it. Then you'll go to Sector X, which isn't a hard level either.

Top Bottom