Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

In checking out your website, I noticed that the territory for the Medes on this map is displaced, unless the Western extent of their civilization included underwater cities.

Hello old friend :) Mighty congrats on getting this out there. Hope your health has picked up.

Can't say I've got any more free time to play than when we last corresponded, but the fact I am on the boards and searched this out tells you I'm thinking about it.

Where did you get to on the victory conditions in the end?

We haven't got the science victory just yet although I have something in mind (similar to what we discussed). I don't want to say too much in case it doesn't work! Incidentally, you are named in the acknowledgements on the website ;).

Could you please be more specific?

The social policy trees names aren't changing...
They're effects doesn't seem to change as well...

The effects ARE different, but you can't expect me to translate everything into other languages - sorry.

I don't care about the language, only the effects... :mischief:
Can you fix that?

Just checked out the website. I'm sorry to be fussy about this, but why was TPangolin given credit for the Sami?

I apologise if this was wrong - for some reason I thought it was him. I'll take the reference out and hope you liked the website other than that.

EDIT: I've updated the website and also have spotted that that the Sami is listed under MoreCivs and not Colonial Legacies. Once again, I can only apologise for the error.

Just checked out the website. I'm sorry to be fussy about this...

I'm just so impressed you made an entire website for a mod, I could care less whether the information is accurate. ^^

By the way, I've added an option in the Advanced Setup screen to disable Plagues in the Health component of your mod. Is this something you would like to include in your version? If so I can update the working copy here on civfanatics.

Hello there,
I just started up a game with this mod but must be doing something wrong as I cannot choose production in my starting city.
When I click the button it does nothing and when going to city screen it's the same. Also the purchase button does nothing.
No other mods are installed.
Latest version from the site + patch applied.

Thanks in advance

Great Mod! I found the following minor bugs after a nearly completed BNW playthrough:

* factories can be built upon finishing workshops
* finishing tradition allows the purchase of great merchants
* taverns do not give extra spies
* triumphal archs do not require barracks; they can simply be built upon researching the tech.

Furthermore, and purely a usability nitpick, I had spawned 4 adventurers before I could place them anywhere, while there are plenty of writing slots available. is that intentional? Or would it be possible to add one or two the chief's hut, governor's hall or some other building?

You're welcome! I am at the very end of the game now. One more bug is that the city graphics have disappeared for me. Could this be because no graphics have been assigned to cities for the final age?

The cultural victory is ridiculously hard to achieve by the way. There are nowhere near the amount of multipliers as in the normal game and there are no landmarks because there are no archaeologists. Only theatres add the bonus for culture given by wonders. This in contrast with hotels, airports and the national visitor centre and the Internet in the base game. In your mod, I'd suggest adding the same ability of the theatre to the plaza. Possibly building theatres everywhere could then lead to a national wonder The Theatre of Dionysius to mimic the national visitor centre. Then, a dark ages tech which is really expensive (10 times normal cost) could add the double tourism bonus the same as the internet does in the base game (maybe call it "Guardian of classicism"?). As it is now, the lack of archeology is compounded by the lack of multipliers. I still need 1019 turns to become influential with the Frisii... and that's with an empire score of 178 and 75% multiplier from open borders etc. No amount of travelling philosophers can make a dent in that. That while I am playing on Monarch to get a feel for the mod.

I like the way you tried to remove the anachronistic musicians and artists, though I think you could have kept artists, as there were plenty famous classical works of art, from mozaics to sculptures to wallpaintings etc. Some way to build landmarks instead could possibly be nice, as they are less anachronistic than seeing those modern works of art splash on the screen.

That leaves me with the diplomatic victory. It won't trigger with only me being in the "Future age". It might take some time for the rest to catch up. This probably would not be a problem in a game on immortal level though.

Top Bottom