Sukritact's Events and Decisions

YAAAAAAAAY RANDOM EVENTS ARE BACK!
Maybe if you get the system finished in time we could add it to the new community expansion ;) Toggleable of course, because for some reason some people don't like random events (and probably by default set to false), but nonetheless it would be a great addition.

Right now I'm working on trying to make a decision where Switzerland can no longer declare war or sign defensive pacts but they get a massive defense/gold/happiness bonus or something. Then I realized I didn't know how so I'm waiting until JFD updates his Switzerland to see how he did it.

But if you need some more decision ideas... Maybe for Austria you could use "Duelize the Monarchy/Merge with Hungary". Carthage could "Declare the Punic Wars" or "Circumnavigate the Globe" (although that could also work with Portugal). Celts could have "Boudicca's Uprising" or, as I prefer it, "Vercingetorix's Uprising". Greece could "Declare a Democracy", Zulus could "Slow Boer/British Advances".

One of the mods that the game needed more! Ideas for Brazilian decisions:
"Build a new capital": gains a settler, who will build one city that will be your new capital, and also receive a free social policy. The new capital will have 50% food and production bonus. Spends gold and one great engineer. Requires flight researched.
"Start the Entradas e Bandeiras": Expand the borders and gains two workers. Requires gold and astronomy researched.
"Finance Marshal Rondon's expedition": Earn Culture and science from jungle tiles with rivers, and earn 2 artifacts. Requires gold, one great general and archaeology researched.

Absolutely brilliant concept and I applaud your imagination and skill set. I haven't a clue how you do it but I am very much looking forward to its implementation. Kudos to you Sukritact!

Really wanna you to finish this brilliant project for includes it in my GoT based mod (of course you will receive full credit).
I'm already thinking of something like:

"Organizes a tournament to show the power and wealth of your House (civ):
- x Gold
+ x Happiness for x turns and + x Influence with all the Minor Houses (city-states)"

OMG, i cant wait :D

I saw you needed some decisions, for the huns maybe allowing you to intimidate city states easier and enabling you to demand military units, you could call it 'hunnic vassalage' and you would need some amount of great generals or whatever.
A second option could incorporate the Migration Period, where when you are in the ancient or classical era declaring war against another civ, this civ will declare war against another civ close by, but i'm not really sure about that one because it's not really a decision.

More ideas for civs' unique decisions:
Mongolia: "Pax Mongolica": Land trade routes with other civilizations gains a bonus of gold, science and religious pressure
Persia: "???": If you conquer a civ that had conquered another (or a city-state), the cities of the last don't will give unhappines if you occupy them (Like happened with the Hebrews, dominated by Babylon)
Greece: "Finance philosophers": Science bonus from Writer's Guild / "Spartan education": +15 xp to military units
Japan: "Start Meiji Restoration": Some kind of Production Bonus / "Enact the cult of the Emperor": 100% extra Religious Presure from capital
Austria: "Become the Emperor (or an elector)": Extra influence with city-states
Carthage: "Formalize the mercenary army": military units become cheaper to purchase

This is a fantastic idea, since you can use it to add more historical flavor to your mods. (Actual historical events!!)

While I'd like to put out all the CL First Nations mods before adding Decisions support, you can bet that I'll be adding Decisions support to my mods :D

Edit: Out of curiosity, Sukitract, is it possible to make a Decision require a specific building?

Edit: Out of curiosity, Sukitract, is it possible to make a Decision require a specific building?

As near as I can tell, it should be -- you'd just include a check to see whether or not the player had a building in the CanFunc section. (You could even set requirements like "has an X in all cities" or "has a certain number of X", and so on... the possibilities are pretty endless!)

I'm very tempted to make one of my upcoming Civs actually be dependent on and make use of Decisions.

So then the next question is, can you make Decisions that are dependent on Decisions? I would think so, but I don't know how yet (since I'm a lua hack.)

Awesome, thanks JFD :)

As near as I can tell, it should be -- you'd just include a check to see whether or not the player had a building in the CanFunc section. (You could even set requirements like "has an X in all cities" or "has a certain number of X", and so on... the possibilities are pretty endless!)
Yeah, Lua is relatively flexible, so technically you could have stuff like: "must have x units with x promotions", "army must have combined combat strength of x", "must posses x great works", "must have a Great Person named Nostradamus", "Capital must be named Candyland" etc.

Just a small update as to how things are going. I've made some progress with the Civ Decisions, so The Aztecs, Carthage, The Maya and Korea now all have their own specific decisions. JFD has been trying out the Random Events system, and he's agreed to let me use the more generic ones, so you'll be glad to hear that that the mod should be started with more Random Events than "Comet Sighted".

Definitely looking forward to this!

I'm reeeeeeally curious to see all of these decisions! I've been trying to brainstorm some for my own mods, but being as they're all fictional there isn't really much history to draw upon... but I'm hoping that seeing some of the various decisions for historical civs will prompt some ideas. :p

Top Bottom