Les Dunes d’Ecault
Les Dunes de Flandres
Les Dunes d'Hattainville
Les Dunes de Plouhinec
Les Dunes de Sermoyer
La Pointe de l'Espiguette
Le Désert des Agriates
Le Plateau du Larzac

So, a question: how do I get this mod to work? I put it in my folder, have it checked on, but it never seems to do anything? I checked my logs and I didn't see anything saying there was an error.

I've noticed this mod causes the game to freeze up for a little while (~10 seconds) when saving. It's by no means a big deal and I probably wouldn't have even noticed if I weren't a compulsive saver (autosave every 5 turns, and many more manual saves). But, I just wanted to verify that it's a known effect of the mod and not something on my end.

Thanks that might explain the significant slow down after the barbarians take their turn (hard freeze for 10 seconds). I'll try turning off autosaves and see if that makes a difference.

It may be from this mod, though it's not something I've personally observed. I have code that intercepts saves to save the mod data (from Pazyryk's TableSaverLoader) though the amount of data being saved is very small so it shouldn't have any noticable effect.

If you turn off all other mods and are still getting the problem, please send me your lua logs. Thanks!

I've also noticed natural wonders being tagged as normal mountains. Is this simply a consequence of how the game classifies natural wonders?

I could see it happening if you have min mountain size set to 1 plot. I'll add a check to the next version to prevent it. Thanks for the feedback.

Hi!
Here are some additional names for french mountains :

Thanks!

So, a question: how do I get this mod to work? I put it in my folder, have it checked on, but it never seems to do anything? I checked my logs and I didn't see anything saying there was an error.

When Map Labels is activated, it shows a pop-up panel in the middle of the screen on game start, a notification explaining how to access it, and an entry in the mini-map menu. If you aren't getting any of these, either it's not properly loading (see http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=440525) or there are lua errors. If you still can't get it to work, send me your lua log.

When Map Labels is activated, it shows a pop-up panel in the middle of the screen on game start, a notification explaining how to access it, and an entry in the mini-map menu. If you aren't getting any of these, either it's not properly loading (see http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=440525) or there are lua errors. If you still can't get it to work, send me your lua log.

Yeah, I don't get the pop-up at the start, nor the entry in the mini-map menu. So something must be wrong as you said. Here's my LUA log, hopefully that'll help: https://www.dropbox.com/s/alitz86va70yqt6/Lua.log?dl=0

Thank you!

Yeah, I don't get the pop-up at the start, nor the entry in the mini-map menu. So something must be wrong as you said. Here's my LUA log, hopefully that'll help: https://www.dropbox.com/s/alitz86va70yqt6/Lua.log?dl=0

Thank you!

There's no indication in your log that MapLabels is loaded. I would make sure it's checked and follow the steps in the link in the above post, but beyond that I don't think I can help.

Some ideas of names for Brazil:

Oceans:
Spoiler :
Guanabara Bay
Todos os Santos Bay
Santos Bay
Vitória Bay
Ilha Grande Bay
Camamu Bay
Guarajá Bay
Traição Bay
Sepetiba Bay
Aratu Bay
Marajó Bay
Formosa Bay
Babitonga Bay
Sepetiba Bay
Sul Bay
São José Bay
Parananguá Bay
São Marcos Bay
Norte Bay
Antonina Bay
Michael Bay

Islands
Spoiler :

Marajó Island
Fernando de Noronha Island
Vitória Island
Trindade Island
Martin Vaz Island
Paqueta Island
Itaparica Island
Coral Island
Maré Island
Boi Island
Governador Island
Villegaignon Island
Anhatomirim Island
Frade Island
Farol Island
Flores Island
Madeira Island
Boa Viagem Island
Sol Island
Grande Island
Santa Bárbara Island
Cobras Island
Barra Island
Fundão Island

Forest
Spoiler :
Atlantic Forest
Tijuca Forest
Goytacazes Forest
Araripe-Apodi Forest
Amana Forest
Humaitá Forest
Carajás Forest
Chapecó Forest
Sobral Forest
Ipanema Forest
Canela Forest
Tapajós Forest
Passo Fundo Forest
Caçador Forest
Paraopeba Forest
Jamari Forest
Altamira Forest
Balata-Tufari Forest
Pau-Rosa Forest
Pacotuba Forest

Mountains
Spoiler :

Neblina
Bandeira
Caparaó
Cristal
Colosso
Paraná
Pedra da Mina
Agulhas Negras
Dedo de Deus
Corcovado
Pão de açucar
Itambé
Calçado
Selado
Intambé
Gavião
Mantiqueira
Órgãos

Lakes
Spoiler :

Patos
Rodrigo de Freitas
Garças
Paranoá
Guaíba
Javary
Deolinda
Santana
Seco
Ninfeias
Pedras
Manacaparu
Cangalha
Capivara
Aguiar
Negro

Rivers
Spoiler :

Amazonas
Negro
Solimões
São Francisco
Paraná
Xingu
Grande
Tietê
Paraíba do Sul
Itapemirim
Madeira
Pardo
Tatiana River
Tapajós River
Juruena River
Nhamundá River
Piratucu River
Mamuru River
Amanã River
Paracori River
Parauari River
Apoquitaua River
Paraconi River
Abacaxis River
Marimari River
Sucunduri River
Uatumã River
Jatapu River
Capucapu River
Pitinga River
Urubu River
Tupana River
Matupiri River
Luna River
Aripuanã River
Arauá River
Juma River
Maracanã River
Roosevelt River

Regions
Spoiler :

Bahia
Amazonas
Minas Gerais
Ceará
Paraná
Rio Grande do Sul
Espirito Santo
Goiás
Pernambuco
Santa Catarina
Grão-Pará
Mato Grosso
Alagoas
Pará
Paraíba
Maranhão
Piauí
Rio Grande do Norte
Tocantins
Acre

Desert (I know that they aren't actually deserts...)
Spoiler :
Caatinga
Dunas do São Francisco
Lençóis Maranhenses
Areia Branca
Raso da Catarina
Siriú
Dunas de Itaúnas
Mangue Seco
Dunas de Genipabu
Jalapão
Dunas de Trairi
Pequenos Lençóis
Dunas de Florianopólis
Dunas de Jericoacoara
Imbassaí
Dunas de Natal
Peba
Depressão Sertaneja Setentrional
Depressão Sertaneja Meridional

I hope this helps! :)

There's no indication in your log that MapLabels is loaded. I would make sure it's checked and follow the steps in the link in the above post, but beyond that I don't think I can help.

Hm. Ok, thanks!

If you turn off all other mods and are still getting the problem, please send me your lua logs. Thanks!

It definitely happens when I use the mod by itself. I tried to teach myself to enable lua logging just now but don't really know what I'm doing/what to send you. A nudge in the right direction would be much appreciated :)

It definitely happens when I use the mod by itself. I tried to teach myself to enable lua logging just now but don't really know what I'm doing/what to send you. A nudge in the right direction would be much appreciated :)

Hi joosegoose we have the same problem. Ok so you have this line enabled in config.ini:
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

now all you have to do is play, exit and look at the folder "Logs" that runs along side your other game folders in your documents.

The file is probably lua.log.

but to keep it simple, you could zip the whole folder and upload it here for analysis.

Alright, couldn't seem to upload the Lua file by itself so here's the whole Logs folder.

Let me know if I screwed anything up!

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    25 KB · Views: 209
Hi I am getting a weird sitution where when using JFDs Prussia or JFDs Tojo I get the following lua error

Spoiler :
[3116.307] MapLabels: >>> InitTable()
[3116.322] MapLabels: >>> iNumIcons=1
[3116.322] MapLabels: >>> InitMainPanel()
[3116.322] MapLabels: >>> Setting Up New Game
[3116.322] MapLabels: >>> MLLoad()
[3116.338] MapLabels: >>> GetCivCultures()
[3116.338] MapLabels: C:\Users\Blax\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Map Labels (v 5)\Lua\ML_LIB_HazelUtils.lua:206: Cannot find key - ID
[3116.338] MapLabels: >>> ERROR DBTable: ('ML_CivCultures') Bad rowtitle ID
[3116.338] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Blax\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Map Labels (v 5)\Lua\ML_LIB_MapLabelFunctions.lua:113: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

The labels were work all fine with JFDs vicky so cant understand whats happened. It has loaded as the icons are in the minimap but you cannpt click them.

Hi I am getting a weird sitution where when using JFDs Prussia or JFDs Tojo I get the following lua error

Spoiler :
[3116.307] MapLabels: >>> InitTable()
[3116.322] MapLabels: >>> iNumIcons=1
[3116.322] MapLabels: >>> InitMainPanel()
[3116.322] MapLabels: >>> Setting Up New Game
[3116.322] MapLabels: >>> MLLoad()
[3116.338] MapLabels: >>> GetCivCultures()
[3116.338] MapLabels: C:\Users\Blax\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Map Labels (v 5)\Lua\ML_LIB_HazelUtils.lua:206: Cannot find key - ID
[3116.338] MapLabels: >>> ERROR DBTable: ('ML_CivCultures') Bad rowtitle ID
[3116.338] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Blax\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Map Labels (v 5)\Lua\ML_LIB_MapLabelFunctions.lua:113: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

The labels were work all fine with JFDs vicky so cant understand whats happened. It has loaded as the icons are in the minimap but you cannpt click them.

I haven't had a chance to update Tojo with proper support (my original method was incorrect). But Prussia - the latest version - should be fine. Try re-downloading the mod just in case. I don't see how Victoria could be working though - she doesn't have support at all yet.

I haven't had a chance to update Tojo with proper support (my original method was incorrect). But Prussia - the latest version - should be fine. Try re-downloading the mod just in case. I don't see how Victoria could be working though - she doesn't have support at all yet.
By working I mean I get labels and can use the map labels options.

BTW... I had a game with v6 (last version I used before that one was v4) and there seems to be something lagging when starting the human player's turn. Taking far too long than before, and when I disabled v6 it no longer was laggy.

Can confirm, barbarian turn takes ages to complete. Not sure who is responsible for this: Map Labels or Events and Decisions.

@Hazel16: Wanted to upgrade to v6 (I still have v4), but still can't access the download site. Do you think you could upload to CFC, or just zip it here?

EDIT: Never mind, it appears to be zipped up a few pages back. Sorry!

I was making something similar, but it names features on the map with fictional names. It's a lot less sophisticated, and doesn't allow editing the names in game. If you'd like to add an option for using fantasy names, I've attached a lua file with the code to generate the names (it should be usable as an include). They're generated from markov chains of civilization's city names. The function GetName and GetNames can get a name or a list of names based on a specific civ, ( for example GetName('greece') ) or a random civ.

Attachments

• markov_name_functions.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 107
Anyway, no update for this? I truly miss using it, and it didn't have the huge turn times issue before v6 (v4 was fine)

Top Bottom