Prehistoric Era Reborn (20,000BC)

New to Civ 5 so I hope I have the right forum. Have vanilla on Windows 10 and can't get Prehistoric mod to work from your Steam link. Everything looks fine except there are no settlers. I had read somewhere they started nomadic, but I've played over 300 turns wandering around the same island looking for barbarians, but no settler. What am I missing? Not a coder, just a player.

I wondered if the expansion packs were the problem. I did, however, ask Steam for only Vanilla mods, and it came up. I'm a big fan of the mods for Civ 4 and am looking forward to see if they do Civ 5 justice. (DLL is not released yet, right?) I'm disappointed in the factory version and hope mod-makers will make more playable games. Thanks for your work.

I wondered if the expansion packs were the problem. I did, however, ask Steam for only Vanilla mods, and it came up. I'm a big fan of the mods for Civ 4 and am looking forward to see if they do Civ 5 justice. (DLL is not released yet, right?) I'm disappointed in the factory version and hope mod-makers will make more playable games. Thanks for your work.

Quite interesting, I've tried it. As feedback, I'll say that it needs more entertainment. The first 200 turns are quite eternal. I've been walking around with my warriors all over the map even if I already knew it just because there was nothing to do in lots of turns.

Keep working! I think it's nice!

Novu going crazy thinking I have a mod conflict, the Laborers in the begining of the game dont really do anything? they dont clear land or make farms? seems like I went 100 turns without much of anything to do but explore with units had no node to use gathering on?? Just want to make sure this is accurate

Novu going crazy thinking I have a mod conflict, the Laborers in the begining of the game dont really do anything? they dont clear land or make farms? seems like I went 100 turns without much of anything to do but explore with units had no node to use gathering on?? Just want to make sure this is accurate

The first 100 turns is just man against nature. Don't get eaten by lions. Try to get the ancient ruins before the competition does.

Also consider downloading some extra wonders:

Gobekli Tepe http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=112443958
Hattusa City http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=456251186

Dude , Amazing mod. Just one question i think Tribe fireplace giving +35 gold every turn feels overpowered.

Hallo everybody,
I just finished a game based on the previous version of this mod - Prehistoric Era (v13). I found some issues which I listed in the thread of that mod. Unfortunately, I overlooked this reborn-version, I would have rather played this readjusted version. Now, I consider if it is worthwhile to install it. I read what is new in v15, but I am much more interested in overall game balance. So, my question: Were these issues of v13 solved?

Happiness. Even though I founded cities quite quickly and without any luxury, I had not have problems with happiness. This diminished some tension early in the game – which is unfortunate. AI had the same “problem”; it founded endless number of cities.

Money. AI tends to spawn military units from the very beginning but there were no wars in the prehistorical era. Some of them simply bankrupted and stopped developing. I, myself, had financial problems as well despite the fact I had only four units. The maintenance cost of them and of buildings was imbalanced. Or, maybe, it somehow increases over the course of time (?)

AI had other problems with the mod as well. In the unmoded game, the AI makes workers to get quick farms. In the prehistoric era, it produced many laborers in the time when there was nothing to work on: agriculture is not discovered yet, newly added prehistorical resources are too scattered. I stole some of the laborers but really needed just one of them. This actually makes playing on higher difficulty much easier.

Unique units. The mod is not really playable with some civs. E. g. Shoshone’s Pathfinder (let you decide what bonus you take from the ancient ruins) is not available from the beginning, but first after discovering the scouting. At that time, there was nothing to scout. In my opinion, it is necessary to take the civilizations one by one and re-think their UU. Some of them (like Inca's Slingers) can be weakened and moved into prehistorical era. The magic of many UU is that you have them from the very beginning. It makes the game “replayable”.

Beliefs. Belief bonuses are connected with luxury resources but pantheons are founded much earlier than civs know the placement of them. It made me as well as the AI to choose non-specific beliefs (e.g. god-king, healing bonuses…) This is in conflict with the basic idea behind the pantheon.

Difficulty. I played Antarctica Thawed (Pangea type map), standard size (8 civs, 16 cs), deity dif., epic pace. I end up the game in the classic era and don’t have time to play further. My overall impression was, the game was too easy. I managed to found a religion, even build a wonder, which is usually quite impossible on deity. I was not too behind in science and had "modern" army.

There are also some bugs. Inner trades produce way too much food. For example, 15 for my first ancient era sea route. It probably should have been “5”, not “15”.
Some ancient ruins did nothing – no message, no bonus.

Thanks for developing the mod and possibly for the answers to my questions!

Obsidian is a strategic resource? I think it might be more interesting if you had it as more of a luxury (or a bonus resource like stone) that gave like a 10% strength bonus to archers built in nearby cities if you had it, sort of like how marble gives you a wonder production bonus.

Can you build docks if you're on a lake?

Finally, is it possible to disable the giants? I'm not really comfortable having them but everything else looks really cool.

Top Bottom