Hulfgar's Modpack Extended Edition "Rise of the Machines"

MOD UPDATE : VERSION 15

Civilopedia :
- Updates for the helps texts of the following wonders :
Carnival, Hollywood, Magellan, Panama Canal, Pergamon Altar, Three Gorges Dam, Wall Street
- Castle renamed Medieval Castle when Rifling is reached.
- Mughal Fort renamed Medieval Mughal Fort when Rifling is reached.
- Update in the pedia (help txt) for the Castle, Walls and Mughal Fort.
- Typo correction in the Pedia for the Palisade / Motte-and-bailey castle
- Added the the tip to manage the Great Works stored in the Smithsonian Institute and Medieval Castle to their Pedia.
- Correction for the icons of the Sheep Farm and Dairy Farm Co-Op (NZ Unique Buildings).

Changed the City Partisan script :
now if a Machines City is captured it will spawn T-800 Cyborgs as partisans.
(This does not happen if the 1st. city of Skynet is captured just after it went self-aware).

Other changes :

Gives more units to Skynet when it captures a city with Skynet's Control Room
Banshee VOTL has now a range attack of 1

Removed the Warship factory from the requirements for the Naval Academy
Correction for the CS Anti Tank Gun and AA Gun

- Update the ModOptions.txt files with the tip to disable the farm improvement texture.

Version 15 should be compatible with saves from ver.14 but there is no guarantee for this.

Thanks to Asterix Rage for pointing the flaws in the Civilopedia.

The MP Modpack has been updated as well.

I will be off from the 10th to the 28th of August. I may be able to answer to messages but nothing more so I wish you all a nice August!

EE v15
Playing Japan

-----------------

Stable in Civilopedia

Nowhere it's said Stable bring +1Hammer on pasture but it does
We can guess obviously since it has always been

-----------------

Jet Fighter Squadron

It appears with a promotion telling us "loadable on carrier" but it does not
Only the Navy one does
That occurs for any Jet Squadron (Freshly built or from old fighter upgraded)

(See the pic below)

Attachments

• EJetFightSq.jpg
    EJetFightSq.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 269
EE v15
Playing Japan

---------------------

Ugprading a AA gun Battalion unit to a Mobile AA gun seems buggy bogy
Outside a city It takes a random skin and most of the time no skin at all.
Then, pushing it in a city => CTD
If Updraded from a city => CTD

As long it's not in a city, the game goes well
I didn't have the oppotunity to test if it works effectively in a fight

All you need to reproduce the situation is attached below

Attachments

• 01_AAGun.jpg
    01_AAGun.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 02_AAGun.jpg
    02_AAGun.jpg
    437.4 KB · Views: 295
  • 03_AAGun.jpg
    03_AAGun.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 259
  • report.7z
    3.9 MB · Views: 185
Hello Asterix,

again thanks for the reports, I will correct this when I'm back at the end of the month.

Hello everybody :) back from holidays!

first here is a fix for the bug with Japan's Motorized AA Gun

Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles v16

This is compatible with any savegame.

Once downloaded you need to replace the whole Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles folder.

Whenever I try to download the rar file it downloads then when i load it up in winrar it says the archive is corrupted and force breaks the operation. please help.

Whenever I try to download the rar file it downloads then when i load it up in winrar it says the archive is corrupted and force breaks the operation. please help.

Hi Zenroe

Use 7zip instead of winrar

Hi Zenroe

Use 7zip instead of winrar

Thanks man works great now, one problem though is that i get the random black squares in place of icons after a few minutes of playing, i was able to stave it off for longer by turning off the gpu texture decode option, but it still happens eventually.

I can't seem to remember the fix for this problem I think I had a similar problem on my desktop PC and I lowered the graphic down from max to medium or whatever and the problem went away, for whatever reason it seemed my graphics card was to powerful for the game however I'm not a 100% sure this was the same problem as you, you could always try it I suppose

Hello Zenroe,

try to disable the leaderheads :
in config.ini (C:\Users\Gilles\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5) change

; Set to 1 to disable LeaderHead system
LeaderHead = 0

to

LeaderHead = 1

it solved the problem for me.

Hello Zenroe,

try to disable the leaderheads :
in config.ini (C:\Users\Gilles\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5) change

LeaderHead = 0

to

LeaderHead = 1

it solved the problem for me.

That worked for a short bit. After about 30 minutes i get the glitch again, but I think it's because I'm running a huge map with 21 (plus skynet) civs so there isn't alot of memory to go around, since civ 5 has that RAM cap.

Also wanted to mention that I dunno if i missed something, but after i got a notification that said skynet got consciousness or whathaveyou, the city where the control room was never turned into skynet, and no skynet units ever spawned...

Hello Zenroe,

if it was Synthetic Intelligence it's ok, if it was Self Awareness (with the nuke explosion as splash image) then that's a bug.
I will need the Lua.log file and a save game if possible.
make sure you have enabled the logging system.

Hello Zenroe,

if it was Synthetic Intelligence it's ok, if it was Self Awareness (with the nuke explosion as splash image) then that's a bug.
I will need the Lua.log file and a save game if possible.
make sure you have enabled the logging system.

It was Self awareness definitely, becuase i was excited when i saw the mushroom cloud. Pretty sure I dont have the Lua log file thing set up, but i do have the save game and a few auto saves, i dunno when it happened ( i was a few turns shy of a space victory so i wasn't too worried about it) but it was before i won and sometime while researching nanotech. The stronghold is in Jenne, all the way north, and the mods i was running are all this mods reqs, light touch, info addict, IGE, and quick turns. I can't upload the files becuase they are like 5+mb and the limit is 2mb (wtf)

Hello Zenroe,

you can put the save files to download on mediafire or mega

To enable logging for debugging :

1. Close civilization V
2. Open config.ini with a simple text editor such as notepad (usually in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5)
3. Search for the line "LoggingEnabled = 0" and replace it with "LoggingEnabled = 1"
4. Enable the Game Database Validation by setting 'ValidateGameDatabase = 1' in config.ini
5. Change EnableTuner = 0 in EnableTuner = 1
6. Do the same with "EnableLuaDebugLibrary = 0": set it to 1. If this line does not exist, add it before LoggingEnabled
7. Save config.ini and close
8. Start civilization V and reproduce the problem

The log files are usually in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs. If it's missing or almost empty, you need to enable logging for debugging

Hello Zenroe,

thanks for the files.

As it seems I should have set the max number of major civs to 20 and not 21.
I don't see why but I ran a test with a fresh game, 21 civs and I had the same problem.

I'm trying to see if I can change the code to "save" your game. I will keep you informed asap.

Cool beans man, and no worries on saving my game, I finished it some turns after and i was gonna start a enw one soon anyway, so now i know to only have 19 civs and leave the 20 spot for skynet.

Edit: I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems that when i set the civs to 19 then the game crashes while calculating the first turn. I'm not sure if there is a mod incompatibility, but I'm using the same mods as last game, and i got 900 turns into that one. Also IGE doesnt seem to work anymore, it says something about a crash error while trying to load it during the game.

Hello everybody,

version 16 has been released

the MP Modpack has been updated as well

Correction in the Mining Script : resources found will be correctly added to the player's supply.

New skins from Snafusmith for the following units :
BRDM2 Armored Car (Armored Infantry) : Peru skin used for all south american civs, Iraq skin used for Assyria, Babylon and Carthage, Soviet skin used for Mongols and Huns
2S1Gvozdika Mobil Artillery (for Russia, Poland, Huns, Mongol, China, Assyrya, Babylon, Carthage, Persia and Ethiopia)
CAC Boormerang as WW2 Fighter for NZ, Polynesia
Hanriot HD1 WW1 fighter, used for the Aztecs
Halberstadt DII WW1 fighter, used for Austria

HMS Dreadnought (used as Dreadnought generic skin)
SMS Elster (Torpdoeboat) used for the Patrol Boat

155mm De Bange Cannon (used as Coastal Battery)
French 75mm Field Gun
French 320mm Railroad Artillery

US WW1 Tank
Iroquois WW1 Tank
German WW1 Tank
English WW1 Tank
Celt WW1 Tank

Oil requirement for the AA Gun removed

Zenroe I just saw your last post, sorry :(
No issue on my end with IGE, I will try to load 19 Civs with the mod to see what happens.

Please help I really want to play this mod but there is a UI bug where all the text and icons turn into black squares. I have no other mods enabled except for Yet not Another real earth map pack.

Top Bottom