The Enlightenment Era

As a side question, can there be an additional mod that limits the game so it ends and *can't* continue past the Enlightenment Era? Like those other Era mods, I would love to have a game where all civs unique EE units are on the field.

And you can do it Pouakai :D With enough sugar supplements and disregard to impending due dates, we might see EE released before this week is out!

(This is wishful thinking, but when isn't it when it comes to Civ 5 mods :p )

As a side question, can there be an additional mod that limits the game so it ends and continue past the Enlightenment Era? Like those other Era mods, I would love to have a game where all civs unique EE units are on the field.

And you can do it Pouakai :D With enough sugar supplements and disregard to impending due dates, we might see EE released before this week is out!

(This is wishful thinking, but when isn't it when it comes to Civ 5 Pouakai's mods :p )

ftfy5

Hello October 1st, goodbye planned release date :p

I can only hope that this isn't now reserved as a Halloween surprise.

On the bright side for me it does allow me time to steal artwork beg for help with artwork for my Era Buildings mod and iron out any details before I have to test it for compatibility with Enlightenment Era.

Sorry about the delay, uni is getting in the way. I've got four essays to write by the 15th, after which I'll hopefully be able to quickly finish this up before exams at the end of the month. Either way, I think it’s safe to say it'll be out by Christmas (although we all know how things went the last time someone said something would be over by Christmas...)

Sorry about the delay, uni is getting in the way. I've got four essays to write by the 15th, after which I'll hopefully be able to quickly finish this up before exams at the end of the month. Either way, I think it’s safe to say it'll be out by Christmas (although we all know how things went the last time someone said something would be over by Christmas...)
Uh...you don't live in Narnia, by any chance, do you ?

(although we all know how things went the last time someone said something would be over by Christmas...)

*GASP* WW1 civs confirmed?!

In all seriousness though, it's nice to hear that the release of EE might not be too far off, I'm really looking forward to playing around with all of the new units, buildings and wonders.

Frigates not requiring Iron anymore is pretty interesting as well, given that often that can stymie early naval wars.

Firs thought: Wow what a big project is coming
Second thought: Em... Do we need a whole new era, how will it work with Science victory?
Third thought: Wait a second... From historic point of veiw it's more accurate. Like really Triremes upgratade right into Caravels its silly.
Fourth thought: Damn this is really intresting addition, a whole new era!
Well okay it looks promising. And when it will come out I want to translate it. Yep this will be alot of translation.

Is it possible we can see some in-game screenshots of units? If that is not possible yet, then we can wait. All the same, I really love this idea, and I wish it could have been included in the original game. The jump from renaissance straight into industrial was just...odd, to say the least.

Question: If I ran RED or another skin mod, would there be changes to the new units as well? For example, would French line infantry look like the Napoleonic line infantry by bernie14?

Is that a challenge JFD? You'll be able to release all of your Enlightenment Civs before the Enlightenment Era comes out? I dunno, I think Poukai might deliver before you do... :p

I have an idea for adding onto Enlightenment, or it could be a separate mod: Revolutions.

This would be somewhat similar to Events and Decisions, but it essentially draws from the idea of the Enlightenment being the age of revolutions and revolts. There'd be ideologies as well like Liberalism (basically democracy/republicanism) vs Conservatism (absolute monarchy), and cities that lean one way or another can revolt. You'd have to either appease the cities by moving your civilization towards a different ideology or put down the rebellion by capturing the city. This could also be expanded into Nationalism, where cities you've captured from other civs or city-states stage a revolt to regain independence. you have a choice of either sending in troops to crush the rebellion or granting them some kind of independence.

It's a rough idea, and it might be too late to implement now, but it's something worth considering if we're going to make an Enlightenment Era mod.

I have an idea for adding onto Enlightenment, or it could be a separate mod: Revolutions.

This would be somewhat similar to Events and Decisions, but it essentially draws from the idea of the Enlightenment being the age of revolutions and revolts. There'd be ideologies as well like Liberalism (basically democracy/republicanism) vs Conservatism (absolute monarchy), and cities that lean one way or another can revolt. You'd have to either appease the cities by moving your civilization towards a different ideology or put down the rebellion by capturing the city. This could also be expanded into Nationalism, where cities you've captured from other civs or city-states stage a revolt to regain independence. you have a choice of either sending in troops to crush the rebellion or granting them some kind of independence.

It's a rough idea, and it might be too late to implement now, but it's something worth considering if we're going to make an Enlightenment Era mod.

I would recommend you take a look at JFD's Colonies and Claims mod (Not released yet, but you can read it's wikia page) and JFD's Sovereignty mod (Also not released yet).

Sadly, you idea's of staging independence do not work as well as we would all hope. Due to technical limitations, I believe the city can only become under control of Barbs, and it wouldn't truly form it's own City State of complete Civilization.

Top Bottom