I am creating a computer game (horror adventure) :)

The chair + drawers combo doesn't seem like something you'd use in the same room - I expect the drawers to be the chair's "table"? This is because of the room you need for your legs. However, bad furniture combinations is part of real life too, I have a lot of unsuccesful mixes :p

Part of the game takes place in central London (eg Bayswater), and so i am making this model of the Methodist (later on Catholic) church there, "our lady of Heaven", in Queensway:

Spoiler :

Trivia: in my second year of uni i actually was living in a studio apartment, the window of which had this church directly as view, from the fourth floor...

You must have worked with 3d before. It's still somewhat amateur-ish but I can't imagine these models being your first attempt, they are too good after all.

Also really looking forward to trying the game.

Dled AGS as a game engine for the adventure (AGS= Adventure game Studio).

Moving along fast now!

I want to ask what you think of the room, and the basic (placeholder more or less) character... (not the outline of the character, which obviously will be changed to blend in!) I am toying with the idea of having only a left-right movement (as in The Cat Lady, which afaik was also made with AGS!) :)

PS: the thunder is part of the animated background

PS2: Still is from an actual game-running scene, btw :D Currently can move about.

A first person view should save you resources and is possibly more immersive in horror. But you have to give the game some way to kill you imo!

EDIT: I'm mostly saying this because it has the chance to become the dreaded "walking simulator".

Perhaps have the game get more dangerous as you proceed, hm?

Perhaps just remove the "likely" - as is, shouldn't likely be placed after would?

notnative speaker here

While english checking will be done by playtesters ( :D ), i should note the screen with the room is no longer part of the game anyway... :)

Some new ones (wip, interface not done either... fonts will change to something better as well)

Last scene may look very ominous (do you want to walk to the edge? ;) ), but in reality it is part of the cinematic sequence taking place when you move from the watching space to the hall.

Top Bottom