Stellaris

That the help button opens a browser to the wiki really seems a disservice.

A so-called "Fallen" Empire, eh? Not a species to cross!

I've got a Fallen Empire on my border. Aside from its introductory message telling me it was a race of ancient starfaring superparrots, it's behaved like every other faction (save that it hasn't been starting rivalries). I've read of Fallen Empires swallowing research ships when first encountered and doing other odd things, but haven't come across any of that yet.

Spoiler :
The Ushag continue their journey into space for SCIENCE!

On the way we encounter a primitive race that were currently in their early space age; these beings have dubbed themselves as humanity.

We find they have indeed spread out across their planet and have adapted industrial societies.

With the death of the Director a election is held to see who among our best will lead us across the stars.

Dluuret Flanagon is chosen among our best to lead us: hail the Director!

Meanwhile to protect, study and indoctrinate the humans who we seek to technologically uplift we build a frontier post to lay claim to Sol.

Thanks to SCIENCE we upgrade the Earthlings' technology and allow them to reach the galactic space age; they are thankful and have become loyal subjects of the Directory.

Though we have face competition for the stars we are at peace, the scientists of the Directory ensuring that we expand both our empire and our minds as we lay our place in the stars. Quocunque Jeceris Stabit!

You look to have much more involved diplomatic relations than I have - I haven't seen some of those icons.

I also haven't been given the opportunity to elevate fragmented nations to the space age - the nuclear-warmongering fanatical pacifists I'm observing are having their leadership infiltrated by my observers as a prelude to annexation.

I have encountered a pre-sentient race - I've tried uplifting them, but it appears I need to have that territory within my borders and I'm out of influence to build a new frontier outpost at the moment. In my wanderings I have reactivated the dormant robot workers of an extinct civilisation and so created the 'Robot' species (suspiciously they went extinct as part of a global war, but I'm sure nothing could possibly go wrong - right?), but they too are outside my territory.

In my quest to add a variety of races to my superior collective (preferably ones that thrive in these continental worlds that are improbably more abundant than the arid ones my species prefers) I did make peaceful contact with an advanced subterranean culture on a moon I recently colonised - it's resulted in boosted social research output due to trade links, but apparently they don't appear as a species in their own right (unlike the robots).

I uplifted a species by landing a colony on their planet and then uplifting them through the species screen; now I have continental birds, though my usage of "Land of Opportunity" edict on planet have allowed be access to winter friendly aliens too.

I am really, really enjoying this game.

I also haven't been given the opportunity to elevate fragmented nations to the space age - the nuclear-warmongering fanatical pacifists I'm observing are having their leadership infiltrated by my observers as a prelude to annexation.

I have encountered a pre-sentient race - I've tried uplifting them, but it appears I need to have that territory within my borders and I'm out of influence to build a new frontier outpost at the moment. In my wanderings I have reactivated the dormant robot workers of an extinct civilisation and so created the 'Robot' species (suspiciously they went extinct as part of a global war, but I'm sure nothing could possibly go wrong - right?), but they too are outside my territory.

In my quest to add a variety of races to my superior collective (preferably ones that thrive in these continental worlds that are improbably more abundant than the arid ones my species prefers) I did make peaceful contact with an advanced subterranean culture on a moon I recently colonised - it's resulted in boosted social research output due to trade links, but apparently they don't appear as a species in their own right (unlike the robots).

If you can infiltrate them, you can enlighten them. Infiltration sounds better since you can avoid ten years of having a Pathetic vassal, but such is the way of the Xenophile. I'm 100% happy with Xenophilia, because of the 600 pops in my empire, almost half are non humans.

I'm particularly proud of 2 Zaxxoid pops: they were religious refugees from the subterranean race of a planet I colonised. Then I modified them to have Tundra preference and now I can colonise anything. I've even colonised a Tomb World with my Droid pops. I actually didn't want to research into robots, but eventually I caved in.

Spoiler invading spoiler :

Spoiler notes about spoiler :
Cosmic horrors have invaded my game!

Spoiler current map with invading spoiler :

At any rate I will need to prepare; I will need to rebuild my war fleet after a costly battle I had with my ideological rival and the energy crisis I am in at the moment will need to get shorted (perhaps I should have waited before attempting a thermoforming operation...)

Either way: Quocunque Jeceris Stabit!

I'm particularly proud of 2 Zaxxoid pops: they were religious refugees from the subterranean race of a planet I colonised. Then I modified them to have Tundra preference and now I can colonise anything. I've even colonised a Tomb World with my Droid pops. I actually didn't want to research into robots, but eventually I caved in.

Haven't come across tomb worlds yet, but you're obviously further in than I am - it's 2235 and I've got a 4-planet empire with about 35 pop, which looking around is equivalent to (and at the high end of) all but one of the non-Fallen empires I've met (though nobody seems to be expanding much).

Interesting that you have subterranean refugees - my subterranean neighbours appear diplomatically as a Subterranean Nation, where they have a race name and image, but my only interaction option is Declare War and they don't count as a species on the species screen - as they're described as having 0 known planets and 0 known pops and an indeterminate homeworld despite my knowing full well which moon they're on.

Yeah, I just got an event where I got 1 pop as refugee and I could either take them in or give them back. Also bear in mind the the Jedi Council currently controls 50 planets and 646 pops from a dozen different species.

I quickly outlawed AI and purged all my droids too, when I saw that colonising a Tomb World gave me a -50 with the Fanatic Spiritualist Fallen Empire. I still have a LOT of planets within my borders that I can colonise, since migration access and enlightening primitives has allowed me access to pops for every possible world preference except Tropical and Arctic. It's hilarious because my sectors used to have 3 or 4 planets each, and without altering their borders they now have 6 or 7 each. I have only half the sectors I could have though, so I'm thinking about splitting them all up.

You can upgrade them. I'm not entirely sure how since I figured it out on accident, but I think maybe if you put them in orbit you can then upgrade them.

The upgrade button for transports is grayed out for me leaving me stuck w slow transports. What am I missing?

Yeah, I just got an event where I got 1 pop as refugee and I could either take them in or give them back. Also bear in mind the the Jedi Council currently controls 50 planets and 646 pops from a dozen different species.

Just got that in a session this morning. In my quest to assimilate as many species as possible I took them in though they turned out to be rather useless (weak pacifists, indeed). Most galling though was that they immediately set up a Self-Determination Association - I feel bad for turning against their government now, as it was probably only trying to suppress secessionist sentiment and keep our alliance intact.

I quickly outlawed AI and purged all my droids too, when I saw that colonising a Tomb World gave me a -50 with the Fanatic Spiritualist Fallen Empire. I still have a LOT of planets within my borders that I can colonise, since migration access and enlightening primitives has allowed me access to pops for every possible world preference except Tropical and Arctic. It's hilarious because my sectors used to have 3 or 4 planets each, and without altering their borders they now have 6 or 7 each. I have only half the sectors I could have though, so I'm thinking about splitting them all up.

I have a colony ship under construction that will head for a system with both an arid planet I can colonise and an indigenous, either continental- or desert-dwelling, Bronze Age society I can then start to observe. My assimilation mission had setbacks first when it turned into the plot of V, where I had to silence natives who'd glimpsed my operatives' true form, and then when one of my agents ran off with a native female, but I now seem to have things back on track with my agents in control of the local governments. Once they're in hand I'll send them off to colonise the robot world (because they're a continental civilisation ... also, just in case).

I also need to get a frontier outpost up and running in a system with good energy reserves and native primitives that's dangerously close to the hermetically-sealed borders of my closest neighbour. Unfortunately this will take a while as I learned I can't decommission outposts and retain control through mining/research stations, and my frontier outposts are not in systems with planets I can colonise. Once I have my fragmented pacifists assimilated I can at least decommission that outpost (presumably), especially as setting up the border station will set back my efforts to establish a presence in the pre-sentient system to commence uplift.

Nice! I myself just gave myself the mission of colonizing absolutely everything I could, and I was short by about 6 Tundra Worlds, when we got reports of subspace anomalies reaching us from the intergalactic space.

As soon as I saw where the Prethoryn Scourge was going to pop up, I switched all sectors to energy and started the gargantuan task of mobilising my 110K fleets into position in bases beefed up at the far edges of my empire. Unfortunately they are popping up at the opposite end of the galaxy, so I fear that when I can finally attack them they will be too strong. They spawned right beside a Fallen Empire which seems to be doing nothing at all.

Another thing I learned today is that 1000 is the absolute maximum naval capacity of the game. I have reached it, and now I'm kinda building up to forcelimit. The way I do it is: 2 battleships, 4 cruisers, 8 destroyers and 16 corvettes is a base fleet. Each of my 9 sectors has a base fleet, and the core sector has one twice as strong. Now I've combined the sectors' fleets into three 30K stacks (every base fleet, as of the latest upgrade, is 10120.6), and I'm building another base fleet to beef up my Homeworld Fleet up to strength. I hope to take on these scumbags with this amount of firepower.

The upgrade button for transports is grayed out for me leaving me stuck w slow transports. What am I missing?

I haven't yet got access to transports, though I have a Fist of God chain mission that requires one. What am I missing?

Nice! I myself just gave myself the mission of colonizing absolutely everything I could,

In my galaxy that's fairly quickly-achieved as arid worlds are in short supply (and favoured for three major races, mine included) and the only other so-far-habitable world I've encountered is a single small Gaia a little too close to Thracpocian space - they're the one larger non-Fallen empire, and dominated by arid-adapted fungi (at least, although they have irritatingly closed borders and prevent me from completing the specimen collection mission chain, my closest neighbour isn't competing for the same planet types, and Yurus aside most of my expansion seems likely to be to the west - with numerous colonisable planets and a concentration of primitives and pre-sentinents - while that empire borders me on the east).

But since I'm a hive insect species and I introduce myself to everyone as a 'superior collective', I thought I'd just go all-out Borg and assimilate every species I can find. No doubt this will include the major ones once I'm ready for war.

Another thing I learned today is that 1000 is the absolute maximum naval capacity of the game. I have reached it, and now I'm kinda building up to forcelimit. The way I do it is: 2 battleships, 4 cruisers, 8 destroyers and 16 corvettes is a base fleet. Each of my 9 sectors has a base fleet, and the core sector has one twice as strong. Now I've combined the sectors' fleets into three 30K stacks (every base fleet, as of the latest upgrade, is 10120.6), and I'm building another base fleet to beef up my Homeworld Fleet up to strength. I hope to take on these scumbags with this amount of firepower.

I'm some way from needing to worry about that - by 2239 I have a fleet of 21-22 ships with a combined value of around 800. Seems a century of technological advancement makes all the difference, as based on your first screenshots from the 2240s I'm a little ahead of where you were in fleet size, territory, and most resource counts.

I haven't yet got access to transports, though I have a Fist of God chain mission that requires one. What am I missing?

On your planet, switch to the army tab. Build some attack armies therein. Once you have armies, click embark in the same tab. Transports will be automatically created. At warp one w crappy engines.

On your planet, switch to the army tab. Build some attack armies therein. Once you have armies, click embark in the same tab. Transports will be automatically created. At warp one w crappy engines.

Thanks - I was looking in ship designs and found no transport options I could build (spoiled by Distant Worlds, which lets you design absolutely everything). So far only my hope planet has any armies, though I've set my first sector - which borders the empire to my east - to defence production even though relations are Cordial.

Not sure how best to assign sectors - I quite like the idea of building basic infrastructure myself and then handing over to a sector governor, which would suggest using sectors to control my most-developed worlds other than production hubs where I need to manually build fleets and colony ships. At present I don't have any influence spare to hire extra governors, as I'm hoarding it to build frontier outposts, and once I colonise planets I'll need it for the planetary administration upgrade, so if I approach my planet limit before getting 50 spare influence I'll have to add them all to the same sector.

Because the direct government planet limit is so low, I think its best to determine which planets need to be directly governed and then throw the rest into sectors. Planets that need to be versatile or need a direct hand in defense are key choices for direct government. You can front load a planets production queue prior to turning it over to sector government, which can be helpful.

Bear in mind that sectors are system by system, so when you colonize a planet and what to add it to the sector you will also be adding any other planets and other respected to the sector.

Me, I did have quite a poor start with no resources around. A couple frontier outposts, a few continentl planets and lots of effort to unlock other colonisations, make other species migrate and draw from wherever I can means all possible inhabitable planets within Jedi Council borders have been colonised. I now control 79 planets with 1129 Pops. Jedi are 330, and the third most common pop in my empire and sixth in the galaxy is... the subterranean race refugees that I modified for Tundra preference! I've used them everywhere and they have apparently also expanded beyond my borders... I'm so proud of this.

I've also expanded to forcelimit by now. I have five stacks of 34K each just laying around waiting. For 20 years I've been waiting and the Prethoryn don't move, nor do people allow me to march to them. So I just wait. By this point two of the three Fallen Empires have an Inferior Fleet Power to me, and our Naval Capacities remain equivalent.

It must be noted that although my science looks impressive (I reached +1000 Engineering) it's less than 3 science per pop per month, so I'm researching at quite slow speeds. That's the cost of hypercolonising.

On sectors: out of these 79 planets, my Core sector is made up of 6 in three contiguous systems. I rather have nice sector borders and tight core sectors than otherwise.

Me, I did have quite a poor start with no resources around. A couple frontier outposts, a few continentl planets and lots of effort to unlock other colonisations, make other species migrate and draw from wherever I can means all possible inhabitable planets within Jedi Council borders have been colonised.

I've yet to unlock other colonisations, I started with little access to colonisable planets, didn't know about frontier outposts as early as I should have and so struggled to survive on the few resources of my home and the closest adjacent system, neither of which had many. There was a then-formidable void cloud in one of the three adjacent systems I was tasked with surveying, so it was a very long time before I completed that tutorial. Once I learned that (a) I could build frontier outposts to gain access to richer systems, and (b) that I could set civilian ships to Passive mode so that they didn't turn back at the presence of hostile but nonaggressive space creatures I got much greater access to resource-rich systems and things started happening.

I now control 79 planets with 1129 Pops. Jedi are 330, and the third most common pop in my empire and sixth in the galaxy is... the subterranean race refugees that I modified for Tundra preference! I've used them everywhere and they have apparently also expanded beyond my borders... I'm so proud of this.

I'm thinking that the Self-Determiniation movement may ultimately work in my favour, obviously after I've transported some Asheek to my core territory so that I don't lose the species (useless as it may be). Their moon happens to be my colony bordering the Fallen Empire, so if that starts making demands I can grant them independence (and presumably spawn a new independent faction in the process).

Where can a player find demographic assessments like johannak mentioned where the number of a species can be contrasted with others? Is similar data available for tech levels and military levels?

Top Bottom