What are you playing until the next patch?

What are you playing as you wait (patiently) for the next patch?

• Civ V

Votes: 109 25.2%
  • Civ IV

Votes: 77 17.8%
  • Another Civ

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Starcraft II

Votes: 33 7.6%
  • Sins of a Solar Empire

Votes: 8 1.8%
  • Zork

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 173 40.0%
  • Only geeks play video games.

Votes: 27 6.2%

• Total voters

ash88

Hail to the King Baby -DN
Whether you love it or hate it, it seems that most people are "waiting for the next patch" to make changes to CivV. I'm curious, during the wait what are you playing?

If it isn't on the list then post it!

Sins of a Solar Empire.Great gameplay,awesome graphics and atmosphere,good AI and fun diplomacy.

WoW just came out with the Shattering patch so I'm playing that now.

Pfft, only geeks play video games. Real men masturbate.

SP (Serious Part) : Oblivion + expansions fully patched. A blast !! Not at all waiting for the patch though ?

Vindictus.

I'm having a blast and I don't think about what a failure Civ5 was to me. I still pop in to the forums for the community (like Diary of a New(b) God thread), but as for the Civ5 itself - I'm finally free of this painful disappointment.

I've been dumped by Firaxis, but I got over it and found a new friend ^^

UFO - Enemy Unknown

I really didn't need to buy a new computer given I'm playing games this old :)

Where's the "I'm not waiting for the patch because I'm not expecting anything of it" option?

The patch brings back Civ 4 style diplomacy. That alone is a considerable change. It also supposedly improves the AI so that it won't put cannons in front of cavalry or archers in front of swordsman among other things.

That said, until the AI starts to construct a meaningful air force and a modern navy as well as nukes its never going to pose any major threat to the player once the modern age is reached provided that it won't have unfair bonuses that allow it to pump out a huge number of units.

The patch brings back Civ 4 style diplomacy.
Nonsense. It will never resemble Civ 4 diplomacy. Nor should it; the model is completely different. It's quite similar to Civ 3 actually, except that the implementation is far worse. They might possibly bring it up to the level of that game - exploitable and pathetic as it was. I'm not holding my breath as I fully expect the changes to be yet more nerfs, like what they did to selling luxuries. While I agree that luxury sales were an exploit, every fix seems to come down to removing yet another interesting tactic from the player and replacing it with nothing.

It also supposedly improves the AI so that it won't put cannons in front of cavalry or archers in front of swordsman among other things.
Awesome :rolleyes:

That said, until the AI starts to construct a meaningful air force and a modern navy as well as nukes its never going to pose any major threat to the player once the modern age is reached provided that it won't have unfair bonuses that allow it to pump out a huge number of units.
The problem with this game is far from just the military.

Other for me - I am stil finding things to do in New Vegas and I'll likely be wasting hours in WoW soon.

Rat

Lots of team fortress 2 and a little "poker night at the inventory" a really fun card game that was'nt too expensive at all, good value :)

Top Bottom