steam pre-order available 10% discount

Surely if you buy it from Amazon it just becomes part of your Steam account anyway once installed and will auto update anyway?

Yes, the boxed edition registers on Steam also, my friend found this out when he bought the disc, and I bought my copy of Civ 5 on Gamersgate - still registered on Steam.

I just pre-ordered two boxed copies of Gods and Kings on Amazon.co.uk for both of us at a total cost including shipping pr. unit of 13,54 £ / 16,85 €.

That is a whole 10€ cheaper than Steam! I will then have to wait for shipping, it will be dispatched on 21st of June so we will probably first see it the following Monday or Tuesday. But what is that compared to saving 20€ ;)

Surely if you buy it from Amazon it just becomes part of your Steam account anyway once installed and will auto update anyway?

Yes. All you are paying for is the key that will activate the game on steam - you don't even need the CD.

I've not purchased yet (but will soon) because I'd rather get the game on time (or a couple of days early if the Steam estimated release stays at 19th in the UK) than wait for it to arrive in the post. This means I'll probably being paying £5 more via steam rather than Amazon.

If Amazon just sent me the key in an email, and kept the box/CD/Manual - I'd purchase it from them in a heartbeat. It's insane.

Can anyone know why it cost me 35.99USD (after discount) from Steam? Seems a big premium just because I am in Japan?

If I should guess, I'd say that it includes the conversion from Yen to USD, even if it's advertised in USD :dunno:.

Yes. All you are paying for is the key that will activate the game on steam - you don't even need the CD.

I've not purchased yet (but will soon) because I'd rather get the game on time (or a couple of days early if the Steam estimated release stays at 19th in the UK) than wait for it to arrive in the post. This means I'll probably being paying £5 more via steam rather than Amazon.

If Amazon just sent me the key in an email, and kept the box/CD/Manual - I'd purchase it from them in a heartbeat. It's insane.

Is that confirmed as a UK 19th release.. Last time I used steams general date it simply downloaded to my pc but remained locked until the actual country's street date.

£13.99 on Play too now I see. They tend to ship far quicker than Amazon in my experience.

If all this really is, to just unlock a code, why would Firaxis go through the expense of producing a boxed version? Especially for an expansion that won't work without the original game?

£13.99 on Play too now I see. They tend to ship far quicker than Amazon in my experience.

If all this really is, to just unlock a code, why would Firaxis go through the expense of producing a boxed version? Especially for an expansion that won't work without the original game?

The box would be for those that like to have something physical, and the casual gamer who walks into a store.

But ultimatley I think it's pointless for an online retailer to accept the boxed versions, rather than just email out the key.

I guess it's the middle ground between being a retail store and not being a digital provider that's a new concept in the world.

You are going to get a CD with it, with the game in it, but because it's Steam-oriented, you simply require to register the keycode with Steam in order to instlal and play.

Thank you nea*Nicu for noticing this,this helped me a lot!
You are really a fan of civ.Thanks again!

Amazon says...
List Price: $29.99
Price: $29.96 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
You Save: $0.03

Amazon says...

As old Scrooge McDuck probably would have said "One cent is also money" ;)

Edit: or three in this case :)

Amazon says...

:lol:

I wonder if there's ever be a situation of:

Price : $30.00
You Save : -$0.01

Top Bottom