[Speculation] Indonesia/Majapahit/Srivijaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
As other have mentioned, the estrategic location of Majapahit in the Indian Ocean trade made it possible for it to get enourmously rich.

Maybe they could get a bonus on sea trade depending on the number of Civs trading with the same CS?

Imagine you have Venice, and both you and Portugal trade with Venice, so you get bonus trade revenue (gold,science, etc). It could be a trickle, but if you start to mass trade with lots of CS (and they trade with other civs) you could get a snowball effect, and force you to try your best to protect those CS's. (Suddenly Austria and Mongolia become your main targets)

Couple that with a bonus that benefits from having more religous diversity, and you've got a very fun Civ to play

Shameless bump~ :p
Argh.. I cannot stand waiting.. :cringe:

Hiya~
I'm itching to post my ideas for Indonesian civ regarding of new mechanism in BNW.. :D
The main focus of this civ is to improve the play style on an archipelagic area in which the sea will lost their gold bonus in BNW and replaced by trade route..
Here it is..
JAVA / MAJAPAHIT / INDONESIA (amalgamation of several Indonesian civs)

Leader : Queen Tribhuwana Wijayatunggadewi

U.Ability :
Thalassocracy
+2 Gold per turn from your City for each Sea Trade Route adjacent to that City. You can see all established Sea Trade Routes on the map.

U.Unit :
Jong (or Pinisi for Indonesia)
Replaces the Galleass
Naval Melee Units
20 Combat Strength
0 Ranged Combat Strength
No Attack Range
Upgraded into Privateer
- Can Enter Deep Ocean
- Doesn't get any damage when attacking
The rest stats are same as the Galleass..

U.Building :
Joglo (or Rumah Gadang for Indonesia)
Replaces the Workshop
Requires no Gold maintenance
- +1 Production from any unimproved tile which produces Food and was worked by this City.
The rest stats are same as the Workshop..

Play Style :
Build your own port-cities as many as possible on lands adjacent to busy shipping lanes and you can instantly harvest the wealth from them..
If the other civ was already controling that strategic locations, you can take it over with your Jong/Pinisi..
Also, you can leave your worries about lack of production when settling on an island, because your subordinate in the joglo/Rumah Gadang will send their men to work on every unimproved sea and any other tiles..

I would like to see Indonesia included, it would be a nice unique addition to Civ that would cover a large part of South East Asia on the Earth map

So, we've had some reveals in the last month--Portugal having a definite focus on maritime trade, and a civ with a focus on a specific resource, for instance. How do you guys think they bode for Indonesia?

Really have no idea. My confidence in them making it lessens with each revealed civ, but it's hard to say at this point.

The consensus within CivFanatics, as you know, is Indonesia vs. Vietnam, but it's even possible neither make it

The consensus within CivFanatics, as you know, is Indonesia vs. Vietnam, but it's even possible neither make it

At this point that's what it boils down to in my opinion for the Asian civs.

There's a chance it might be a Silk Road civ instead, but I'm guessing the semi-confirmed Moroccans and their Kasbah UI/UB would probably fill the Silk Road civ's niche.

Others have thrown up Khmer and Burma as possibilities, but I think at this point the only true contenders are Indonesia and Vietnam in terms of a new Asian civ. I'm pretty sure we'll get one Asian civ, though, so all's not lost for the case of Indonesia and Vietnam.

Well I hope "mysterious civ-related resources" means some kind of Indonesian-related civ. Surely it is not that far fetched, as luxury resources like coffee, cinnamon, camphor, nutmeg, black pepper and clove are all closely related with the country.

So, we've had some reveals in the last month--Portugal having a definite focus on maritime trade, and a civ with a focus on a specific resource, for instance. How do you guys think they bode for Indonesia?

Majapahit could be a civ that spread very quickly a lot of little cities (the "100 vassals/tributaries") , particulary on archipelago (maybe an early embarkation bonus like polynesia). Maybe a bonus with spices? or a unique ressource with "cloves"?

+1 support for Tribhuwana as the leader of Java/Majapahit Civilization. The best choice by far and the game deserves more female leaders, imho:queen:

Tribhuwana "Tribhuwana Wijayatunggadewi or known in her regnal name Tribhuwannottunggadewi Jayawishnuwardhani, was a Javanese queen regnant and the third monarch of the Majapahit empire, reigning from 1328 to 1350. She appointed Gajah Mada as prime minister and pursued massive expansion of the empire. In 1331, she led the army herself to the battle field. Tribhuwana's reign is famous for the expansion of Majapahit. In 1343 Majapahit conquered the Kingdom of Pejeng (Bali), Dalem Bedahulu, and the entire island of Bali. Adityawarman was sent to conquer the rest of the Kingdom of Sriwijaya and the Kingdom of Melayu in 1347."

Well I hope "mysterious civ-related resources" means some kind of Indonesian-related civ. Surely it is not that far fetched, as luxury resources like coffee, cinnamon, camphor, nutmeg, black pepper and clove are all closely related with the country.

The only one I could just about buy is Coffee, and as has been said elsewhere, it would make more sense for Coffee to either be specifically associated with Brazil or to be available for everyone than for it to be connected to Indonesia. The others I think are all covered under the bracket of 'Spices' in the game, and so are unlikely to be added separately.

Of course, they could always be messing with us and in fact what they are doing is getting rid of Spices as a luxury and separating it into different kinds, some of which are linked to the Indonesian Civ in some way...

+1 support for Tribhuwana as the leader of Java/Majapahit Civilization. The best choice by far and the game deserves more female leaders, imho:queen:

Tribhuwana "Tribhuwana Wijayatunggadewi or known in her regnal name Tribhuwannottunggadewi Jayawishnuwardhani, was a Javanese queen regnant and the third monarch of the Majapahit empire, reigning from 1328 to 1350. She appointed Gajah Mada as prime minister and pursued massive expansion of the empire. In 1331, she led the army herself to the battle field. Tribhuwana's reign is famous for the expansion of Majapahit. In 1343 Majapahit conquered the Kingdom of Pejeng (Bali), Dalem Bedahulu, and the entire island of Bali. Adityawarman was sent to conquer the rest of the Kingdom of Sriwijaya and the Kingdom of Melayu in 1347."

I really hope she is their leader if they are added. A meaningful female leader is always a good choice - I think they'd go for it.

I think it's very likely that an Asian Civ makes it in (90%) and the 4 obvious choices are Timurid, Vietnam, Khmer and Majapahit (Indonesia). Majapahit appears to fit the tenets of the expansion best covering both trade & tourism very well. The Vietnam proponents would probably disagree but I think it's 40% Majapahit, 30% Vietnam, 20% Timurid, 10% Khmer in terms of likelyhood.

The only one I could just about buy is Coffee, and as has been said elsewhere, it would make more sense for Coffee to either be specifically associated with Brazil or to be available for everyone than for it to be connected to Indonesia. The others I think are all covered under the bracket of 'Spices' in the game, and so are unlikely to be added separately.

Of course, they could always be messing with us and in fact what they are doing is getting rid of Spices as a luxury and separating it into different kinds, some of which are linked to the Indonesian Civ in some way...

Could be an "upgrade" for example - when spices fall within the Indonesian empire, it turns into "nutmeg", which yields double happiness and trade income.

A nutmeg or clove resource may well be the answer to that particular riddle. But taking the new World Congress features into consideration, I think it's more likely we'll see a big game resource - tiger, rhino, or orangutan.

A nutmeg or clove resource may well be the answer to that particular riddle. But taking the new World Congress features into consideration, I think it's more likely we'll see a big game resource - tiger, rhino, or orangutan.

Nutmeg and clovers are already under the spices resource.

Maybe an exotic animal might be the new resource - maybe - as it might fit under the World Congress resource ban thingy.

And this might be a hint for Indonesia as it has the world's second highest biodiversity( Nr.1 obiviously Brazil)

The question is how would you choose one over the other? Srivijaya or Majahapit? Buddhist or Hindu? Sumatra or Java? Or if they choose an amalgamated "Indonesia" civ would it have to be lead by a modern Indonesian leader? These questions suggest to me it could be none of the above. Too many loose ends.

as we all knew before we have Civs like Korea, Denmark, Sweden, Austria and the Celts, we have have the City States first like Seoul, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Vienna and Edinburgh. And with the release of GnK we have the new maritime CS "Jakarta".. so in my opinion the chances with Srivijaya or Majahapit are low and the chances with Indonesia far more greater if they would add new SE Asian civ.
SE Asia has only 1 civ (Siam or thailand) in the game and 3 CS (Jakarta, Manila, Hanoi) i would really like to see another SE Asian Civ from those 3 CS T_T

I'd be quite dissapointed, to be frank, if they did a modern Indonesian Civ, since they have a great chance for an older Civilisation with a rich history.

Anyways, if Indonesia is goin to be resource-tied like some people are suggesting, and if it isn't going to be some sort of spice resource, then I guess the next most likely resource could be Javan Rhinos, or more generically, just Rhinos. It would also tie in with world congress. That along with a trade bias and Borobodur makes Srivijaya/Majapahit out to be quite the poster-Civ for Brave New World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom