-33% BNW on Steam Flash Sale

Compared to the pre-order discount, we're talking about what, another three or four dollars? Well worth it to get the game three or four days earlier, wouldn't you agree?

Yes... if you're American.

People outside the States couldn't play the game until midnight last night anyway, so to have a sale just after the international release is a wee bit harsh on them. The difference is a matter of hours, not three or four days.

Great, thanks for the tip. I was also able to pick up some of the DLC for half off.

This is why I don't pre-purchase.

lol this sale is funny. :D I am actually not even home until today to enjoy BNW. It is okay I guess, because we are civfanatics. :)

I was so happy when I saw it this morning. Was planning to buy it yesterday night at release, but figured I could wait another day. Money is a little tight at the moment so it was a very nice surprise seeing this great sale so early! :)

But please realise that Steam is solely responsible for choosing what goes on sale when.

You shouldn't buy from Steam generally unless it's a sale, their standard prices are usually kept high to make their markdowns seem more significant than they really are. That's on top of the inherently consumer-unfriendly nature of pre-orders.

You shouldn't buy from Steam generally unless it's a sale, their standard prices are usually kept high to make their markdowns seem more significant than they really are. That's on top of the inherently consumer-unfriendly nature of pre-orders.
Idk their games always seem the same as in store retail to me

Good thing I checked civfanatics today though I'm at my parents summer cottage. Was planning to buy a box but this discount made the price difference too high. Steam store seems to work fine with a smartphone :)

A bit strange timing for a sale still.

BTW, does anyone else think pre-orders encourage bad behavior on part of the publishers/retailers?

Idk their games always seem the same as in store retail to me
Newer games usually but in my experience with retail games even Valve's own games often go cheaper in retail. People got all hyped about a markdown from €30 for the Orange Box when it had to been going for €15 in most shops here for quite a while. L4D2 could be found for €25 in shops not long after release when Steam charged still €50. Valve has a good thing going with Steam in that many users simply won't shop around, some even refuse to buy anything without Steam's DRM.

Man, that's really nasty. Not so much for North Americans, although it's still pretty annoying, but they at least got to play the game for a few days - Europe just got it today, so the biggest fans (those who preordered) got screwed.

Two camps here.

1. I pre-ordered and feel robbed.

2. I waited for a sale and it came about 3 months earlier than I expected.

Glad to be in the latter but do feel the former was robbed. They should offer refunds to match the current price.

I can see where people would be upset. On the other hand, I have cheapskate friend who only buys games on sale, so he can get in on it earlier than he normally would have this way.

For the people who are wondering why you would pre-order a digital game, I usually do it when I trust the company and they give a pre-order discount. Didn't work for me this time though :)

Another pre order victim here. Just did not expect it to go in the sale as it was only released today here.

Feel like I have thrown £5 down the drain. Could have had myself 2 extra pints with that.

I was worried this might happened because the release was in July. But I thought "Nah, they wouldn't do a sale on it because it's already 10% off. Surely they won't discount a newly released game anymore than that."

Lesson that I learned: When it comes to insane Steam Summer Sales, NOTHING is off limits.

To discount it so much less than 24 hours after release (UK here) is tantamount to theft from fans who eagerly pre-ordered. I feel totally exploited. Not impressed either with Steam or with 2k/Firaxis for sanctioning it.

It never ceases to amaze how cheap gamers can be. The outrage demonstrated in this thread over the loss of a mere few dollars/euros/pounds is frankly ridiculous. Given the quantity and quality of content being offered, the expansion is a bargain even at full price.

All you lost if you pre-ordered amounts to about a pint at the pub down the road, and you still have an excellent game to play. This is not some grand injustice.

I cannot stop laughing at some of these post. Thanks for the cheer up today. Illeagal, muuaaaa lol. Gamers are so frigging funny and over the top.

It never ceases to amaze how cheap gamers can be. The outrage demonstrated in this thread over the loss of a mere few dollars/euros/pounds is frankly ridiculous. Given the quantity and quality of content being offered, the expansion is a bargain even at full price.

All you lost if you pre-ordered amounts to about a pint at the pub down the road, and you still have an excellent game to play. This is not some grand injustice.

If that pub down the road would charge more for a pint to a regular customer than a random person who just walked in for no good reason, you'd feel cheated too.

Top Bottom