Turn 181 Deity Diplo victory! [SAVE ATTACHED]

Sequm

Chieftain
Quick speed! Haha but yes, T181! Wouldn't that be 270something on standard? I played Venice on Archipelago small size. I puppeted 6 CSs, because Greece and Rome were both in the game. I had to take them away from Greece, the only person other than me with more than 4 votes. I had to get 3 Civs to vote for me haha. I didn't know it would be so easy.

Last turn stats:
Cities: 6 Puppets + 1 Capital
BPT: 633
GPT: 549
CPT: 122
FPT: 16
Tourism: +8
Ideology: Order
Unhappiness: 1 (made lots of deals to get votes)

MY BPT WAS SO LOW!!!! And other stuff. When using MoV I struggled with happiness for a turn or so. I was 2nd in literacy at the end. I could have gotten DV sooner but I didn't know it was that easy. Also, Greece had crazy influence (248) with some CSs, an got a boost for the world thing. Greece was no. 1 in most stats and really competative. How do I get my bpt up? Doesn't matter really I guess, I still won. SAVE ATTACHED!. I really want constructive criticism, not flaming :p I made soooooo many mistakes.

Attachments

• venice deity win.Civ5Save
    951.3 KB · Views: 57
Well quick speed is pretty impressive, but archipelago maps aren't really balanced to begin with, and since you were a naval civilization it worked out pretty well in your favor.

Yup, you can buy AI votes with diplomaty. It was a fun game. I had so many negative modifiers with Greece and no military! Also, when do I adopt piety policies for diplo VC?

To be clear you can buy the AI's base votes with diplomacy IF you have a diplomat in their capital city. They can be quite expensive (anything from a few GPT to several luxuries, depending on how much they like you and how much they dislike the proposition in question).

This only occurs for the base votes. So if the base is 2 votes and then they have 3 city states (+1 vote) for a total of 5 votes your purchase covers the 2 votes they get for being a member, they can vote against the resolution with the other 3. Also it's the base votes when the trade is made. E.g. if the base is 2 votes and the world advances to the next era after your trade and before the resolution and they have 3 votes to use, they will only vote using the 2 votes you agreed to in the previous era.

Bear in mind that if they switch 2 votes against a resolution to for it (or vice versa), the net effect is a swing of +4, so it can be very influential, especially if you purchase a votes from several civs (in my last game I purchased 3 votes per civ from 4 civs, which was a total swing of +24, making my ideology the world ideology).

Also, when the world advances, the vote for host is spontaneous so you can't influence that, In fact, host always goes to the player with the highest number of delegates unless the human player votes for someone who isn't themselves because the AI always votes for itself. In the event of a tie, it goes to the first player in the turn order (which should be you, player 1).

Very nice! I just won my first diety BNW game on turn 201 on quick, small, earth.

With Venice of course :) Puppetted 3 CS and was ally with 8 others. Had world religion and Order was official ideology so won with 24 votes.

I'm done with Venice and Diplomatic victories, it just feels too cheap.

Greece can be a real a**hole in diplo games. He once won at turn 239 deity standard speed. Was in learning time so i got back 2 turns ago and steal 2 cs then DoW him to lower the vote and continue the game.

Ya, if you're good friends with them, it's easier making deals go by.

I think you get 3 delegates for whatever deal you do. In some ways, it's a lot better having a diplomat than rigging elections.

i played 1 deity game so far, T269 diplo Victory on standard continents standard speed standard settings as Venice. Kept going and got to space on turn 280ish. Started next to Austria and Inca, No wars the entire game... No AI was close to any victory.

Congrats on your victory :)

And Alex is my most hated leader. He is always #1 on my hit list.

Well Diplo Victory on Deity around Turn 250-270 Standardspeed (which is about Turn 175-180 quick) are quite normal... if you need longer you may be screwed with Alex in the game.

Still congratz.

Diplo is so much faster than Science now...

turn 219 science win in my 1. bnw game - STANDARD SPEED - bragin thread?

Bragging post, yes. You did it with your super overpowered map with Poland isn't it? ;) Really not a good comparison. Keep out of the extremes, stay in the middle.

Top Bottom