Generic Vacation Thread

I'll have minimal internet access at best from Sunday to next Saturday.

As a devout and fervent Catholic, I might be out of the Net--and, consequently, the NESing subforum--for the whole of next week, also known as Holy Week. I will try to connect in any way possible, but business establishments in the rural provinces tend to close up during these religious holidays.

Is it even a holiday? I guess I should be saying that the Holy Week is a holiweek. Yeah.

EDIT: Whoops. Looks like I'm not the devout Catholic I claimed to be. Bored crazy doing nothing this week now.

dont trust anything i post thursday night/friday morning. (will be away too, but might get on a computer.)

March 20th is Purim. Oh purim. The holiday where it is REQUIRED to get drunk.

"The jovial character of this feast is illustrated in the saying of the Talmud (Megilla 7b) stating that one should drink on Purim until he can no longer distinguish between (ad delo yada) the phrases, arur Haman ("Cursed is Haman") and baruch Mordechai ("Blessed is Mordecai")."

a bit early i know, but chag sameach!

(and to those who celebrate the wonderfully tasting chocolate-y festival, happy easter week!)

and to those irish, happy belated green-beer-drinking-snake-whacking-day.

Im not irish, but I certainly drank like one :vomit:

I have returned from both vast quantities of quizballing at the Weekend of Quizbowl Goodness and also the subsequent period of "convalescing with absolutely no reliance on knowledge whatsoever" (aka catching up on the Skrulls' Secret Invasion). You people seem to have initiated some kind of vast sea change in my absence. What the hell.

:p

All of today I've been in North Carolina (near Charlotte) visiting Davidson College. I will be here most of tomorrow as well.

Happy Good Friday all my Goyishe friends!

Pre-empt possibly getting banned for a week (I disagree with it :()

See you when I get back...

gone for a week, bye bye

Will be gone for a week. NPC me if I miss any order deadlines or just follow last turn orders. No internet access so if you need anything PM me right now for I will check PMs one last time around 10 or so.

Sick, will do NESing stuff when better sry

moderate time constraints from thursday to sunday, limited to no access.

hey guys... im having major problems with my internet.
for some reason it loads every website perfectly except civfanatics.com. its reallly weird, and definitely aggravating. so until i can get this demon excorcised from my online capabilities, im not going to be very active... right now im using my nintendo ds, lolz.
oh well, i can still typebthings at least, even if it takes 4x as long. lets go see if this thing can view big update maps...

I've been unable to connect to CFC for the last few days for G-d knows why. I recently got a new internet provider, however, which seems to have fixed the problem.

Thank you again NK for helping me with this.

Some more problems:

(06:35:19 PM) Alex: Hey Erik.
(06:35:25 PM) Erik Mesoy: Hello.
(06:35:32 PM) Alex: Is civfanatics working for you?
(06:35:42 PM) Alex: It's been down for me for the last day.
(06:35:46 PM) Erik Mesoy: It works fine for me.
(06:36:07 PM) Alex: If you can access it, could you say that I can't get online, and that I should be temporarily NPCed if I haven't sent orders?
(06:36:17 PM) Erik Mesoy: Sure. What threads?
(06:36:27 PM) Alex: Just generic vacation.
(06:36:43 PM) Alex: And say that I have no idea when I could get back online.
(06:36:53 PM) Alex: It could be a few minutes, it could be hours from now.
(06:37:07 PM) Alex: But I waited over the night, and I still can't access it on any of my college's computers.
(06:37:17 PM) Alex: or my own laptop's wireless.

Top Bottom