[BtS] - 8/22/07 Updates

woodelf

Bard
Retired Moderator
I sent out PMs with the link to the most recent working file. It is certainly as work in progress.

What needs to be done, in no particular order:

• Get the terrain/features working properly
  • Get all buildings and units in and remove vanilla
  • Redo civics or at least put in SotM ones
  • Buttons, buttons, more buttons
  • Put Ideologies back in
  • Redo promotions
  • Traits
  • More techs?

If you make changes or want to add updated files let me know and jot down in this thread what you've done or what you want to work on.

Anyone else who wants to help us out send me a PM or say so here and I can send you the link to a very Alpha mod.

Downloading now.
I'll be checking on the Civ4LSystem file first to get those citybuildings in.

Super.

I guess we should put the TGA files back in at some point too, but that ties in with Ideologies.

CIV4GameText_Objects_BTS.xml is adjusted to show the techs properly ingame instead of TECH_THIS, TECH_THAT. The tech tree is much more readable now.

I have NOT done anything on the Civ4LSystem.xml file because at my end it seems to work as it should.

I propose that each of us who works on this mod has at least two versions of it: Song of the Moon_MASTER and Song of the Moon_[fill in your nick]. I think this way it is easiest to keep track of your own chances compared to others (for instance if someone downloads the whole [fill in your nick] mod of someone else because of trying to solve a problem or such, and ONLY commit to his master version if it seems bugfree. The master version is the one where we put each others work into as well.

And then of course one of us should have a Song of the Moon version without any extension as to commit stuff for the final releasable mod. ;)

.svn would be good of course, if only I could get it to work reliable. :cry:
It would be ideal for the master version, to easily distribute files.

Should I set up a sticky where we can upload modified XML files? That way we can keep updating our [insert name here] mod and then every week I can re-issue the Master?

Sounds good.
Later tonight, I'm going to try one more time from scratch to get the moonmod .svn working here, and test if I can commit stuff.

Yep, I found a thread on how to do this. This is at this stage for testing purposes, since I think a quarter/year turn increase would be better if we want robot probes to ever reach the stars. ;)

Yep, I found a thread on how to do this. This is at this stage for testing purposes, since I think a quarter/year turn increase would be better if we want robot probes to ever reach the stars. ;)

I totally agree. :goodjob:

And I just found how to put it in quarters/year. I missed a single letter to let it work. :D

Btw, any proposals on when we let the mod start? In the latest Civ4 version I had put 2018 as settlement year since that seems currently the year some space organisations put forward for new manned moon missions. A bit later? A bit sooner? Other proposals? Go ahead.

I've got the terrain all linked up and working with the mapscript. I have to say that right now I like the old terrain better. Are the craters still a WIP matt? What about the Rilles?

And our button are all buggered up. I have Prophets for some of the resources. :sad:

Remember that guy a few days ago that put up some feature pics?

winddelay? If matt doesn't mind we can see if winddelay will finish up his craters. I don't know how to tie two different terrains together ATM, but I'm sure we can figure it out. Most likely just a swap if his craters blend with matt's Maria.

Just checked those textures again. We should have quite a number of such textures linked with .nifs to have a decent variation on how cratered features show. There's only 3 in his upload.

winddelay? If matt doesn't mind we can see if winddelay will finish up his craters. I don't know how to tie two different terrains together ATM, but I'm sure we can figure it out. Most likely just a swap if his craters blend with matt's Maria.

I would be very very happy if he did all the craters or any other terrain or feature artwork he wanted to do.:mischief:

Top Bottom