DLC Junkie

I've turned around from hating the concept of DLC civs to loving it. Firaxis takes the time to do something interesting with each civ but adding a new scenario seals the deal for me.

DLC maps can go away though.

I really miss Shaka in my games. I'll be a happy camper when the Zulu are back. I hate 2 leaders with intensity since Civ 1 or 2 and that is Ghandi and Shaka......ok...let's throw Monty in there as well.

I have the correct British rifleman to make a Zulu Wars scenario. Just bring on the Zulu. Then we can replay this.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Perhaps this time the British can win Isandlwana. If they didn't have a fool for a commander who underestimated the Zulu, things may have been different. He split his force in unknown enemy territory. Lord Chelmsford did defeat the Zulu at the Battle of Ulundi, and got credit for the victory. Sir Garnet Wolseley his replacement, made sure of that.

In any case it could be an interesting scenario, if done right.

I love dlc sides, and appreciate that each comes with a unique scenario (though I only play each of them once or twice). I could do without the dlc maps (of which I've bought none of) and believe that either A. Wonders should be included with sides that built them, or B. wonders should be updates, and I don't support selling us wonders alone, even with a scenario (I have not bought the wonders pack). I would love to see: Portugal, Zulu, Nepal, and Union of south africa. Sides I would like to see: Brazil, Prussia, poland, olmec, isreal, and of course, my homeland nigeria :).

DLC is usually such a gimmick in other genres and a shameless money grab but for Civ I love all of the DLC. I got most of them when I picked up GOTY during the Steam summer sale but I didn't hesitate to buy Korea+Ancient Wonders once I saw how each Civ was unique with their own animated leaders and everything. Nice attention to detail in the things they release, it's the little things that count!

Was also very happy to see that Firaxis released such a large patch recently too. Very much looking forward to seeing new content in the future, and really hoping for another expansion!

I'm new to the Civ scene and I am absolutely loving it. I wish I had discovered it sooner because it really is the strategy game I have been looking for. It seems like such an underrated and under-appreciated genre, so it feels good to see it get as much support as it is.

Top Bottom