I have a feeling of pending doom :)

Segwin

Chieftain
First time player for the most part.

I'm on the second level up from the bottom (skill level, Chieftain I believe).

It's 1936 and I'm playing as America.

I have 10 cities so far and have just founded one in England's backyard across the water. I've had all but one civ in a guarded state for the last 40 turns or so. Trading is almost laughable as I ask for Silver and they want 200 gold, horses, gems, sugar, first born etc.

I rank on top but only by a slim margin above England. She has more military might than I though (something I'm trying to quickly resolve). She has now sent me a nasty message stating that my military might is not where it should be and to watch my back.

I'm thinking that their all pissed because of the growth of my civ - am I correct in assuming that? I'm not understanding England's growth as well. Shes able to build wonders at the same time getting a larger military strength and seems to be ahead on the tech tree as well. I've been able to steal two tech from her and amazed at what they were. I'm breaking a sweat and she's enjoying a glass of lemonade.

Not sure what to think here and looking for an opinion or two. :confused:

What Victory condition are you aiming for?

How many cities does England have and where do you stand in the Demographics?

Yes, she probably is annoyed at you for being a top Civ and a rival. I'm sure you'd find great advice for your next game in the War Academy section of these forums. There are great guides there, unfortunately all for Vanilla though, with none of them having been updated to Gods and Kings.

Also, have a look at the Stories and Tales section and look at some of the Let's Play videos. You'll get a great feel for what to do early on from some of the best players.

If you can give more information, I'm sure we can help. It's just a bit sketchy at the moment,

And don't worry about the Trading. I'm sure on the level you're on, you don't have happiness or gold issues, right?

Cheers.

Top Bottom