Map Differences?

Sayuri

Chieftain
Hello everyone!
I've only been playing Civ 5 for a little while and I love it! But recently I was setting up a new game and noticed that the way the map spawned was different.

The first game I played I used Montezuma (Aztecs) and the map was mostly forested and lush.

The second time I started with Askia (Songhai) and I noticed that the map had a lot more deserts and tundras.

So what I was wondering is if the way the map spawns is affected by the Civilization you choose or is it all just in my head?

Thanks! ;)

So I should try disabling that?
You can, but you will have a hard time with a lot of civs who depend on that bias. You could spawn on a place where you cannot use some of your civ advantages for a long time. For example, some civs need jungle to be effective; it won't help to start in the middle of a tundra.

There are some settings in the advanced setup options where you can choose things that affect the environment you get in each map- like rainfall amount, sea level and general climate type, but other than that, what you get is randomly generated with each new game. That randomness is one of the coolest factors in CiV- each game is guaranteed to be different, and different-looking.

And "start bias" doesn't mean "start certainty". You won't always get Aztec in the jungle or Arabia in the desert.

Top Bottom