The City States of Greece

ooc: In RL we Greeks dont realy like our Vouleutes ( members of the Vouli). If you ask a Greek what he thinks that it should be done with our politicians he will say that we should put them into the Vouli and burn them and the 300.

IC:

Indeed, it is the view of house Demandros that the constitution as laid out by the Prinkipas is wise and just. However for those that do not agree they may petition the Prinkipas to allow them to gather a settling party and found a polis based on their own ideals, which has the added bonus of removing potential troublemakers from the harmony of Athenian society.

Thats what i will ask.

I want a settler first. Although the most probable candidates are whether Magnive or, IMO, Filli. I'd like to be the leader of a party though, and given that these aren't the normal 1 player games, I might be. :D

Hmm... The first settler will most likely be the one from the liberty tree, and I quite honestly think that Jehoshua will be going for that :p

People of Athens! Prinkipas Prtoa Fotismenos has issued a decree!

1st Budget Decree

Let it be known that the 1st Prinkipas of the Athenian Polis, Prota Tambien Fotismenos, has decreed that the following is to be law in Athens.

The Polis of Athens shall have the following budget until it is replaced or amended.

20%- Income of the Prinkipas.
50%- Military/Security Forces; The Security Tax also goes to paying for this.
20%- Public Works; The Public Improvement Tax also goes to paying for this.
5%- Discretionary Income at the command of the Megalis; excess goes into city coffers
5%- Put straight into city coffers

By this budget, the income drachma of Athens will be divided up in the following manner.

Income of the Prinkipas: 3 drachma
Military/Security Forces: 7.5 drachma
Public Works: 3 drachma
Discretionary Income: 0.75 drachma
City Coffers: 0.75 drachma

People of Athens! Prinkipas Prtoa Fotismenos has issued a decree! (Sorry For The Double Post, I am posting them as I write them)

Land Plot Naming System Decree

Let it be known that the 1st Prinkipas of the Athenian Polis, Prota Tambien Fotismenos, has decreed that the following is to be law in Athens.

The Polis of Athens shall have the following system for naming plots of land until it is replaced or amended.

Tiles, or plots of land, will be named with Athens, and then a number. The actual city of Athens shall be known as Athens0. Then, starting at the tile directly east of Athens, they shall be known as Athens1, Athens2, Athens3, etc going clockwise. The next ring will start directly east of Athens1, and the same pattern shall be followed for all other future rings.

(And that ends my decrees mandated by dot80)

Jehoshua will come to the game through the 2nd citizen in Athens. That will happen before possibly getting Collective Rule :p

Ehm... So at the moment, you have 20% of all the gold earned in Greece for your personal use? :/

Also, how do one gain tiles? :p

Edit: The settler from collective rule will belong to the city, so therefore the leader of the city can give control of that settler at will

Edit: The settler from collective rule will belong to the city, so therefore the leader of the city can give control of that settler at will
Are you sure? We should ask Dot. DOT!!! Come clear this doubt, please!

Nope It works the same as the Worker rewarded by a social policy, it is randomly put under the control of a city state, and in this case there is only one.

I guess this counts for the settler as well?

Nope. The settler is a new citizen, whereas a worker is not :p

I'll join as a minor observer until I finish my thesis (hopefully half March) and then I will start playing in all earnest and will I crush you all :D

So add you to the waiting list then?

Are you sure? We should ask Dot. DOT!!! Come clear this doubt, please!

Settler works the same as a normal settler because of what JoanK said. So next on the list gets it.

I am going to update now. Was going to wait till later, but if I don't do it now it wont get done.

Although it's entirely up to you, dot, I personally think it would be better for the ruler of the city that created the settler to decide who gets it. The one given by liberty might make more sense to go to whoever is on the list as it goes to the civ as a whole not a particular city

Well I thought about that, but than it ruins the whole system. The point of it is so that you can't control who gets the settler and who is a citizen.

Noooez! Shift to mining nooooooow :p

~Conclusion Update~​

Founder of Athens, Prota Tambien Fotismenos is now known as Prinkipas Prota Tambien Fotismenos

Under their founder the people of Athens have been busy. They created and agreed to a new constitution, officially titled the Athenian Syntagma. Prota Tambien Fotismenos then named himself the reigning Prinkipas of the city. His administration has officially released two laws: the 1st Budget Decree, and the Land Plot Naming System Decree. Finally by the Prinkipas orders the people are recruiting a scout to learn more about the world around them, and researching better techniques for making pottery. The people are overjoyed at these events and have a festival in the honor of their Prinkipas. Though happy to have a strong government, the city has come upon hard times. The desert is a harsh environment, and the Prinkipas has taken the land where wheat grows plentifully as his own property. The people need land to call their own and soon after the festival many come to the Palace before the Prinkapas and ask him for a parceled tile.

Orders:
  • Tech Order: Pottery --> Mining
  • Build Order: Scout --> Monument
  • Warrior: Explore Northeast

• Standard of Living - Poor
  • Literacy Rate - Average
  • Culture Strength - Average

Athens Strategic Map (with new tile naming system):
Spoiler :

That makes who gets to settle cities, a pretty major part of a game where cities are highly autonomous, a matter of luck and it just feels out of place in an ostensibly political game.

In real life it is a matter of luck, and you can always assassinate/rebel/conquer other city states back if you don't like the leader.

Top Bottom