civ3 crashes when clicking on city

Takeo

Shogun
I added some units, a tech and made changes to some buildings in my personal mod. Went in to debug mode and was just letting the game run for a while, but when I clicked on an AI city the game crashed. When I settle my first city the game also crashes. What did I do wrong? Anyone run into this problem?

I think the crashing has been fixed! The units_32 file had been saved with 64,000 colors instead of 256 colors. After that file was fixed, I can now click on AI cities in debug mode and build my first city! Hopefully that was it.

Takeo... Yes, a Faulty units_32 file can cause Crashes. Hope that is the only problem you have.
Best to add and test one thing at a time so you will absolutely know where the problem is coming from :)

Yes it is Very Time Consuming to refrain from adding too much at one time but that can save you an unbelievable amount of time in trying to fine a problem when it happens or worse.

Happy Modding :)

Best to add and test one thing at a time so you will absolutely know where the problem is coming from :)

Yes, I have a bad habit of making a number of changes without doing any playtesting!
I will try do debug more often from now on.:)

Looks like "nothing to build in a city" problem, but not completely sure - just the starting point for research.

Top Bottom