Improved city view?

IIRC isn't either the city or palace view dependent on using Conquests.biq? Meaning you could replace the default file with your mod. I'm thinking it was only the palace view, but then what determines if the city view is enabled?

As far as I remember, the former city view screen was used in C3C for an "easy-to-do" crash fix for mods and scenarios using more than the normal 16 strat./lux. resources. I temporary attache a screenshot of SOE showing the "Strategic Resources" screen that opens within your city screen. This screen is the former city view screen. The replacement of the city view screen by the Strategic resources screen for mods/scenarios in C3C is hardcoded.

Spoiler :

The normal epic game in C3C still enables the city view as this game only holds the 16 strat./lux. resources from Civ 3 vanilla and with this number of lux./strat. resources no such crashes did happen. Therefore the programmers saw no need to replace the city view screen for the normal epic game of C3C.

The next version of my mod CCM holds a massively modded city view (I posted some screenshots about it some time ago that are now gone due to the closure of the SOC site), edited (as I wrongly wrote exe instead of biq): but this feature can only be used, if the CCM biq replaces the main conquests-biq of C3C (what can be easily achieved by renaming both biqs).

Attachments

• Resources-CityView.jpg
    Resources-CityView.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 449
The replacement of the city view screen by the Strategic resources screen for mods/scenarios in C3C is hardcoded.

Right, but what constitutes a mod as far as the exe is concerned? If not the file path to the biq, then it must do some other check to see if the vanilla "scenario" has been modded. What does the CCM exe change?

Right, but what constitutes a mod as far as the exe is concerned? If not the file path to the biq, then it must do some other check to see if the vanilla "scenario" has been modded. What does the CCM exe change?

WildWeazel, I had a look in the files. It´s not the C3C exe that is changed, but the conquests main-biq that is in the C3C mainfolder. If the CCM biq is renamed to conquests (and the original conquests biq to conquests-original or something like that), and if all demanded files of the new conquests-biq are additionally in the C3C mainfolders, than you have access to the new modded city-view.

It seems what determins to have access to the city view is, if the biq is in the C3C main-folder and renamed conquests, or if the biq is in the conquests- or scenario-folders. If the biq is in the conquests- or scenario-folders, the city view is disabled.

Kirejara,did you make any progress on that subject? :groucho:

Not as much as would like to. :sad:

I have painted the groundbase for some more city improvements and wonders, but it is not much too show yet, Sorry.

I just have got the great "Oh, Mist!" moment.

After I messed up my civ3 while editing, I used my backup to restore my previous state.

It was only after copying the backup over the main installation, then I realized that the backup does not include the modified city views, but the plain original city views. :eek:

It is all gone! :cry:

I will have to start new at the beginning. :(

Here is a screenshot of a capital in 4000 BC, seize small, plains and some added CCM 2 buildings in Debug Mode. The "core-city" and the the terrain backgrounds image were both set to 16 Mio colours and the palette of the new backgrounds image containing the "core-city" reduced to 256 colours and the palette colours fixed like normal (green and magenta in the last slots for psp7). The images for the additional buildings that are constructed by the player seem to show properly when these settings are done. :)

One of the problems is to place the core-city so that there are no ugly situations with the city wall. Kirejara the core city you posted for seize small is much too big to avoid the collission with the city wall graphics. Even the core-center in my screenshot must be removed a little bit.

Top Bottom