Trade embargoes

ZergMazter

Prince
I thought if i made a trade embargo with country 'X' vs an enemy, country 'X' wouldnt ally with my enemy to declare war on me :/ Did i mess something up or thats how its intended to be? I guess i was lucky in the past or maybe didnt use embargoes so often, but i got the wolrd against me... the world in just one turn in violation of our embargo.

''Pulling my hair'' :mad::mad::mad::mad: Want to buy the source code :aargh:

A trade embargo just means that they can't trade ressources. If you wanted an ally, you should go for Military Alliance.

A trade embargo is an attempt to isolate a country too in real life. I gotta stop comparing civ to real life because 50% of it is inaccurate.

A trade embargo is an attempt to isolate a country too in real life. I gotta stop comparing civ to real life because 50% of it is inaccurate.

To be technical, although often virtually identical in effect, in the allegedly real world, an "embargo" is a refusal by one country to trade with another (e.g., the USA viz. Cuba) whereas a "blockade" is an interception of ALL commerce in and out of a nation's ports etc. The latter is, under international law, an act of war, whereas the former is not (and the difference is really sometimes only semantic: Kennedy called his Cuban Missile Crisis action specifically an "embargo" to avoid a declaration of war.)

I hope that at lends a dash of clarity ...

-:crazyeye:z

Top Bottom