Incan Priest

Pope/Bishop
Patriarch
Grand Mufti
Jewish High Priest
Buddhist Abbot

Crusaders:
Ethiopian Crusader
Orthodox Crusader (unsure, maybe a monk with a sword, or something more like a what-if Orthodox version of the Catholic military orders)
Buddhist Warrior Monk
Sohei
Jewish Crusader (probably a Khazar)
African Warrior Shaman
Hindu Warrior Monk (saddhu?)
Daoist Crusader (Yellow Turban)

ShiroKobbure,

These are all much needed units and your units are fantastic. If you can add an occult-like Magician to the list, I'd be great. I need one for the Tarot mod.

Or maybe you can make one that is passable as a magician. He'd need a red robe.
Here's where I requested one before: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13435740&postcount=1194

For the magic, as long as it isn't someone throwing a round energy ball, I'd be happy. For some reason, those bore me...

Anyway, even if you don't make a magician, I'm very thrilled about the ones you've done so far. Please keep trucking!

ShiroKobbure,

These are all much needed units and your units are fantastic. If you can add an occult-like Magician to the list, I'd be great. I need one for the Tarot mod.

Or maybe you can make one that is passable as a magician. He'd need a red robe.
Here's where I requested one before: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13435740&postcount=1194

For the magic, as long as it isn't someone throwing a round energy ball, I'd be happy. For some reason, those bore me...

Anyway, even if you don't make a magician, I'm very very thrilled about the ones you've done so far. Please keep trucking!
When I get to the Pagan, it will probably look something like that or easily modified.

Actually I hate the round energy ball too, but I don't have anything else to replace it with except fire.
Although maybe in the future some cut n' paste artist can add some better effects.

sorry, shiro, bad misuderstanding, i was meaning crusaders!!! priest (except some higher clergy travelled by foot, fought by foot and so on), crusaders on the other hand are some militant people speciliased in the specific task - like religious military - the catholic warrior bishops, or the byzantine leaders (the emperor was the head of the church and not the bishop of constantinople...), so maybe an emperor or a caliph would be a fair representation of religion and i believe they had some real power to convert enemies to their cause...and i will finish with a second gratitude towards you.

Tentative Hitlist:

Buddhist Monks
Hindu Brahmin
Hellenic Priest/Roman Priest
Islamic Imam
Daoist Priest
Zoroastrian Athornan
Mesopotamian Priest
Pagan Priest (probably Celtic)
Witch Doctor
Siberian Shaman
African Shaman
North American Shaman
Korean Mudang
Ancient Jewish Priest
Jewish Rabbi
Incan Priest

Pope/Bishop
Patriarch
Grand Mufti
Jewish High Priest
Buddhist Abbot

Crusaders:
Ethiopian Crusader
Orthodox Crusader (unsure, maybe a monk with a sword, or something more like a what-if Orthodox version of the Catholic military orders)
Buddhist Warrior Monk
Sohei
African Warrior Shaman

sorry, shiro, bad misuderstanding, i was meaning crusaders!!! priest (except some higher clergy travelled by foot, fought by foot and so on), crusaders on the other hand are some militant people speciliased in the specific task - like religious military - the catholic warrior bishops, or the byzantine leaders (the emperor was the head of the church and not the bishop of constantinople...), so maybe an emperor or a caliph would be a fair representation of religion and i believe they had some real power to convert enemies to their cause...and i will finish with a second gratitude towards you.

There will be several crusading units on horseback. They don't have to be warrior priests, although it would be nice if I can find some historical basis for them. Crusading units don't convert through prayer like the priests, they have normal attack functions.
They are normal military units with a religious flavor, that are buildable from religious relics (like in TETurkhan's mod) or auto-produced from churches or wonders (like Crusades Wonder in Conquests). Basically units who fought or claimed to fight mainly for religion not temporal power. Like Warrior monks, warrior priests, or laymen who fought for a religious crusade.

I probably wont make any king units, not in this pack at least, unless you include the Pope.

ShiroKobbure, your units in this thread fill my heart with joy. :love:
Thank you very, very much for creating these units. They are all looking wonderful, so my personal favourite is the Hindu Brahmin. :clap:

Tentative Hitlist:
Priests:
Buddhist Monks
Hindu Brahmin
Hellenic Priest/Roman Priest
Islamic Imam
Daoist Priest
Zoroastrian Athornan
Mesopotamian Priest
Pagan Priest (probably Celtic)
Witch Doctor
Siberian Shaman
African Shaman
North American Shaman
Korean Mudang
Ancient Jewish Priest
Jewish Rabbi
Incan Priest
African Reverend

Pope/Bishop
Patriarch
Grand Mufti
Jewish High Priest
Buddhist Abbot

Crusaders:
Turcopole
Ethiopian Crusader

Eastern Crusaders Pack
Unsure, maybe a monk with a sword, or something more like a what-if Orthodox version of the Catholic military orders.
Russian
Byzantine
Coptic
Armenian

Buddhist Warrior Pack
Japanese Sohei
Korean Warrior Monk
Chinese Warrior Monk
Thai Warrior Monk
Malay Warrior Monk (?)

Islamic Crusader Pack
Horseman
Swordsman

African Warrior Shaman

I'm also thinking to add build fort to the Crusader Units, to more distinguish them from normal fighting units. But if so probably only one per order/religion.

Top Bottom