Monthly Competitions Submissions Thread IV

I'm in for the April pcx with this terrain set (and will format this post appropriately later,) but I would like a clarification on the rules, if you don't mind.

At present, my set has roads and railroads by Pounder, and a territory pcx not made by me. Do I need to upload another set without these to be eligible?

At present, my set has roads and railroads by Pounder, and a territory pcx not made by me. Do I need to upload another set without these to be eligible?
Obviously I'm not in charge so this is just my opinion:
-Files that were the combined effort of more than one artist will need the expressed permission of each artist involved in this thread. If the some of artists haven't been online for more than 6 months their permission is not required, but their contribution needs to be mentioned.
And an example:
Artist: Blue Monkey
Additional Credits: individual trees adapted from Balthasar (with permission) & Womoks (no longer active)
This seemed to work just fine. Their work was an integral part of what made & shown.

Were I in your position - since the others' work is in seperate files - I'd try to post a preview that leaves those elements out. This would make it clear that only your own work is submitted for voting purposes. But I can't think of a legitimate reason anyone should cripple/butcher their uploaded work just to be eligible for the competition.

Were I in your position - since the others' work is in separate files - I'd try to post a preview that leaves those elements out. This would make it clear that only your own work is submitted for voting purposes. But I can't think of a legitimate reason anyone should cripple/butcher their uploaded work just to be eligible for the competition.

What he said. I agree. Don't forget that the rules apply to the previews used in the contest, for the purpose of displaying the artwork, not to the ultimate content of your download. You're submitting the portion that is your work for the contest. If something else sneaks into the preview, it's probably still okay as long as you've credited the original artists in your thread; I know how hard it is to untangle terrains. But Blue Monkey's suggestion is still the best.

Blue Monkey, Balthasar, thanks. I've also seen the posts in the poll thread. Since, I'm more of a participator than a competitor ;) and there's a link anyway to the main work, I think I'm fine just going this way. However, if it's not okay, let me know. And feel free to do anything with it when working your own poll page.

Artist: Wuhjah
Name of file: Lego Dream Terrain
Thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=12336630#post12336630

Additional Credits for included work in terrain set:
Pounder - Roads and Railroads
Still uncredited unknown creator - territory.pcx

*This preview doesn't exactly show the correct greens in the jungle as I did reduce it to 256, and there are many palettes mixed. But, it shows the new content.

*Edit:

@Blue Monkey post 55. Thanks. I could do worse not listening, so keep the "If I were you's" coming. I'll get it done and if there is a problem, I can always revert back to 256.

*This preview doesn't exactly show the correct greens in the jungle as I did reduce it to 256, and there are many palettes mixed. But, it shows the new content.
Balthasar has the last word of course. But based on my experience making previews that the most nitpicky contenders could live with:

There's no requirement for a preview/screenshot to be in 256 mode. Anytime elements of more than one pcx are combined in an image RGB makes far more sense. imho you should edit your post & use an rgb version of the picture(s).

Top Bottom