Warhammer Conversion Beta - Download/Debug Thread

do you have the latest vanilla BTS patch Common Humanist?

all my maps work on my comp, so does Solwens.

have you tried loading the mod through _Civ4Config file? (ie changing the lines:
; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = Warhammer
where Warhammer is the name of the mod?

where did you install the Mod? unpack the mod inside the BTS folder - not the Mods folder like normal
my mod directory is:
C:Games/Civilization/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Warhammer

give FfH a shot, if it works theres a prob with our code.

if not then im not sure.

Hi there I downloaded this great mod last night and started playing I know that is unfinished and I admit I don't know a lot about the Warhammer universe but I have some questions (bugs?)....

I can't cast ANY spell without having it be miscast. I know there is a low chance of a miscast but I haven't had a single spell work.

I was also playing as Boris Ursun of the Kislev and I kept getting units I defeated join my side. Is that meant to happen?

How close are you to implementing those buttons I saw? It gets confusing figuring out what my troops are with them all saying 'Replace Me' :D

On that note is there anything about that describes how to get the religons and how to get magic and such like? I came across from playing FFH2 and this mod is well different from that.

Otherwise great mod and I eagerly look forward to seeing more and this scenario you guys have cooking :D

Welcome to the Forums Medwyn :)

first off, i am currently overhauling the spell system, constant Miscasts is one of the bugs i havent been able to figure out. when im done the system will be as follows:
Level 1 caster, can cast 2 spells from each wind of magic if they learn it.
levle 2 caster, can cast 5 spells from each wind of magic if they learn it.
level 3 caster, can cast all spells (8) from each wind of magic if they learn it.
i considering putting restrictions on the number of winds one can learn though, but that will happen after play testing :)
also, level 1 and level 2 casters seem to always miscast but level 3 seem to always work :(.

Second, did you have the slavery civic? that civic allows you to capture enemies as slaves, but the chance shoulnt be so high. did it occur with every battle?

Buttons are getting there, slow and steady :)

when i finish the spell system ill write a tuorial on how to use the spells (and probably put it in the Civilopedia too) :)

im glad you like it so far :D

Welcome to the Forums Medwyn :)

first off, i am currently overhauling the spell system, constant Miscasts is one of the bugs i havent been able to figure out. when im done the system will be as follows:
Level 1 caster, can cast 2 spells from each wind of magic if they learn it.
levle 2 caster, can cast 5 spells from each wind of magic if they learn it.
level 3 caster, can cast all spells (8) from each wind of magic if they learn it.
i considering putting restrictions on the number of winds one can learn though, but that will happen after play testing :)
also, level 1 and level 2 casters seem to always miscast but level 3 seem to always work :(.

Sounds good.
How do you upgrade casters?
It says you have to have a high enough level caster and access to a tech that allows higher casters is there something else I'm missing?

Second, did you have the slavery civic? that civic allows you to capture enemies as slaves, but the chance shoulnt be so high. did it occur with every battle?

I didn't have the slavery civic, and it didn't happen every battle but often enough.
I wasn't getting slaves but enemy units joining my side. I didn't have to build many units as enemy (and barb units too I think) when defeated would join me. I thought it might have been a feature of that civilisation.

Buttons are getting there, slow and steady :)

when i finish the spell system ill write a tuorial on how to use the spells (and probably put it in the Civilopedia too) :)

im glad you like it so far :D

YAY! YAY! YAY!

I'll keep you posted on whatever else I find.

level 1 casters must be level 4 or greater (ie with the EXP they gain) to upgrade to level 2, and level 2 must be level 6 to upgrade t olevel 3 :)

:confused: you mean you could have defeated an enemy Highelf Silver helm and you would have gotten a Silver helm convert to your side? odd... did it always occur with every kind of unit you tried (warrior, Hunter etc?) or just with one kind? Kislev shouldnt be able to convert enemies like that.

thanks for all the feedback :)

Ok, ive found a fix for the Kislevs enslaving enemies. there was a 50% chance of units being captured after combat on the Commando Promotion, and all Kislevite units start with that promotion :p ill put that fix in my Spell system update.

Looks like you bet me to it I was going to say the same thing.
I guess I got too used to FFH2 that I didn't look to see what has changed. ;)

lol
yeh, a fair bit has changed, even though were using FfH as the foundation of WH. and you can bet your bottom dollar that much more will be changing as we progress :)

by the way Medwyn, are you having trouble upgrading spellcasters? is there a CTD when you try?

Ok, ive found a fix for the Kislevs enslaving enemies. there was a 50% chance of units being captured after combat on the Commando Promotion, and all Kislevite units start with that promotion :p ill put that fix in my Spell system update.

Good find.I waswondering why the orcs did enslave so many units as well instead of just beating everyone up:)

two new CTDs...i was getting sick of not haveing any metal playing as the vampire counts on solowens map, so i thought i would go into worldbuilding and add some copper. CTDed when i tried to get into worldbuilder. Psychic Llamas seems to have fixed my crash0on-turn142-problem, but i also got a CTD when trying to place an Archer Band on worldbuilder(just a regular human one).

im currently having troubles with my world builder too, but i can access it, but not place anything down because of so many python exceptions (thats from my fiddling with the spells, not an older thing) so i wont be able to check that CTD....
unless the reason it crashed was because there was a human archer warband put down and then when it becomes revealed it crashed...

I have had no CTD wehn trying to upgrade the casters, I have yet to upgrade any caster.

Is there a certain building and/or tech required for it?

Llamas
Thanks for help.

Works now.

Very enjoyable.

Obviously graphics need work as do the elements you have mentioned but so far so very good.

CH

I posted this in the magic thread, and im thinking of asking the FfH people, since thats what the magic system is based off, i think, but...

Is anyone else getting unlimited miscast?
i cant even get a single spell off?

k ill give it a try

sorry ive been away for a bit guys. been on holiday in Tassie :D

the unlimited miscast is a bug that i havent figured out yet. im crossing fingers that FfH does something in Shadow that will fix it but...

yes, you need to upgrade your level 1 casters to level 2, then it should work
:wow: do your level 2 casters ast spells w/out miscasts? mine always miscast untill they are level 3...

My level 2s still miscast... :-(

sorry ive been away for a bit guys. been on holiday in Tassie :D

the unlimited miscast is a bug that i havent figured out yet. im crossing fingers that FfH does something in Shadow that will fix it but...

:wow: do your level 2 casters ast spells w/out miscasts? mine always miscast untill they are level 3...

My level 2s still miscast... :-(

oups, sry, I only had in mind that you had to upgrade your spellcasters to get them to cast and not that you need lvl 3 to cast. my mistake

Top Bottom