Random Rants XXXVIII: First World Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really want Adam Jensen's specs from Deus Ex to be real. I'd wear them with no question.

Oh, and this pathetic OT split makes find threads too hard.

I was never so depressed until I re-entered the job market.

Every week, I die a little on the inside. :( I'm being forced into a life I do not want, at the hands of the douches around me IRL. And I have no damn way to stop it, thanks to having to be in mental health programs and all that crap.

I feel like I'm slowly selling my soul to the devil.....

Plus I recently realized I'm utterly incapbable -- utterly incapable -- of having relationships beyond the platonic. I'm not good enough for such relationships anyway. :undecide:

On top of all that, everything I do on the internet only results in humiliation, like a freight train of unfortunate events going on right after another nonstop since 2004.

Bleep. :(

Plus I recently realized I'm utterly incapbable -- utterly incapable -- of having relationships beyond the platonic. I'm not good enough for such relationships anyway.

These two problems are likely related. You won't attract a mate unless you exude some measure of self-confidence. If you don't have it, then just fake it. Most people never know the difference.

These two problems are likely related. You won't attract a mate unless you exude some measure of self-confidence. If you don't have it, then just fake it. Most people never know the difference.

"Just fake it."

Great advice being provided since July 2008.

I was just forced to kill a baby rat because every animal control, animal shelter, and veterinarian in a 50km radius told me "We only deal with dogs. Just throw it outside or something."

I was feeding it milk and got it to eat and react to my voice, but I have no proper way of taking care of it, and it would die anyways if I stuck with it.

I really hate everybody here.

I don't know how well that would work out. One of my friends had a one eyed rat named Jerome.
It froze to death over Winter Break.

I was just forced to kill a baby rat because every animal control, animal shelter, and veterinarian in a 50km radius told me "We only deal with dogs. Just throw it outside or something."

I was feeding it milk and got it to eat and react to my voice, but I have no proper way of taking care of it, and it would die anyways if I stuck with it.

I really hate everybody here.

:(

Adults are bloody useless.

Well give it to some kid.

By baby, I mean newborn. It had been born maybe 2-4 days ago. The only reason it wasn't with its mother is because it fell in the sink. Such is the way of being blind, I guess. If the mother had intentionally left it, it would be for a reason (rat was weak, had a defect/disease), but this baby was left because there was no way to get it back. It was an innocent baby that is now dead indirectly because of me, directly because of douchebags in my county.

It seems people in my region still think rats are the demons they were from the 17th century and before.

:(

Requiescat In Pace, Baby Rat that Synsensa found.

Next week, my mum will be exactly twice my age. In other words, I am now almost as old as my mother was when I was born. That is somewhat depressing.

Rats are ridden with disease anyway. Wouldn't want to catch Weil's Disease would you?

Every creature is ridden with disease. The hype people put on the danger of rats and mice would be justified if we still lived in the 1700s.

Edit: My day keeps getting worse and worse. My dog almost lost her eye an hour ago ://////////////

I can't remember the last time somebody died of a disease caught from an earthworm. Rats are very good at spreading disease through their urine which then come into contact with peoples' hands and faces. I know this is true for many animals, but rats are the most common and one of the more dangerous.

I can't remember the last time somebody died of a disease caught from an earthworm. Rats are very good at spreading disease through their urine which then come into contact with peoples' hands and faces. I know this is true for many animals, but rats are the most common and one of the more dangerous.

The disease transmission of a modern day rat is similar to that of a stray dog or cat. Oddly enough, people fawn over stray dogs/cats and get them to a vet or feed them if said stray happens to be in their garage or something.

Rats aren't the devils they used to be. Modern medicine and much healthier conditions for rats made them less dangerous than the sewer-dwelling living disease spreaders from the Victorian era or Medieval ages.

Anyways, this is the random rants thread, not a discussion thread, so it doesn't really matter. MOVE ALONG EVERYONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom