Help Wanted Ads

Made a small change to the mesh (thinner ring above the middle, so it has an inward corner instead of outward corner, a very small but visible change) and texture of the natural wonder Mt. Fujii. I've checked it in-game of course, and believe it's an improvement.

I initially did this to experiment with an easy model and see how hard it was to change them for civIV. I think I'm ready for more difficult tasks but don't know where to begin, which models are badly optimized, size and/or quality vice?

Edit: revised it and made a comparison jpg.

Comparison.jpg

I initially did this to experiment with an easy model and see how hard it was to change them for civIV. I think I'm ready for more difficult tasks but don't know where to begin, which models are badly optimized, size and/or quality vice?

Ill wait a little for more opinions about Fuji and if no one says anything bad then ill upload new model.

As for 3d job then first look at LLama Archer model. Its badly optimized and badly animated.

Then Bison Rider need changing rider model (he wear too much armor IMO) and models its to big (356kb). Giraffe Rider too.

All mammoth units should be changed to similar models liks Mammoth Rider. Mammoth Ballista and Bombard are riding on brown elephants now :/

Also Droid Tank model its too big (1.5 Mb!)

I think the last one is the only one which doesn't have the special building. However it is easy to tell because they, both the wonders and the buildings are in the same Natural Wonders folder.

I think the last one is the only one which doesn't have the special building. However it is easy to tell because they, both the wonders and the buildings are in the same Natural Wonders folder.

DH this post was made in December, did you notice it? :)

Spotted what looks to be a minor bug in the Auyantepui building
PHP:
<iGlobalHurryModifier>25</iGlobalHurryModifier>
positive values of iGlobalHurryModifier increase the cost of hurrying so this is a disadvantage, which I presume was not the intent.

1) Fixed the above bug, thanks
2) Updated Pedia to 3.0

However we don't use Platyping's buildings as they lack dimensionality:mischief:. Ours do different things throughout time
Spoiler :
and we had them before he did :D

Ill wait a little for more opinions about Fuji and if no one says anything bad then ill upload new model.

At least my version doesn't look like an earth-like planet that has been slammed into the ground ^^. Btw. here's the final version of it: attachment

Also Droid Tank model its too big (1.5 Mb!)
Lots of room for improvements here. I've re-meshed the bottom part of the "Droid Tank" and gotten the number of vertices there down from 5000 to 500 without loosing much definition. Will also try to give the belt wheel a movement animation.

As suggested by Boonkie, I have made a set of Giant Sloth units however I need

1) Buttons for the units and the two buildings. I though that a picture of the Sloth with the type of spear would work (wood, stone, obsidian, metal and pike). Not sure what to use for the buildings Compound for training them and Ceremony/Tourism building for them when they go obsolete at gunpowder.

2) I have not made units with their specific use and need help getting their combat stats right
- they should be useless in city combat and close quarters as they are so big they are a danger to both sides.
- they should be able to attack and damage city gates (minor role)
- excellent defenders against pre-gunpowder units
- excellent shock troops
- frighten mounts of mounted units
- vulnerable to spear and pike units
- useless against gun and later units.​

How to make it so that when the player gets the tech Gunpowder any Mapinguari they have left go to the biggest cities and build the tourism building. I suppose they could become the mascot of an army/battalion instead.

Add them to SVN and ill create right buttons. For now use any button you want.

Add them to SVN and ill create right buttons. For now use any button you want.

They already have been. I added them to the SVN before I asked for help:D.

They are fleshed out but don't have their full combat statistics. The intent is that they are very expensive but also marginally stronger than any other available unit.

@DH: I'll give those statistics some consideration tomorrow morning.
How to make it so that when the player gets the tech Gunpowder any Mapinguari they have left go to the biggest cities and build the tourism building. I suppose they could become the mascot of an army/battalion instead.
This would just be a matter of giving them the tourism building option but making them incapable of upgrading past a certain degree of power to keep them from remaining valid for further combat use after tech discoveries have made them pretty weak by comparison to other units. However, in working with the AI on this, perhaps we should give them an upgrade that doesn't increase their power at all (maybe by the slightest bit just to motivate the AI to use the upgrade) but only have the building portion and a subdued animal AI on the upgrade unit so that they'll naturally immediately move to do that action right away.

I've revised the droid tank model now, well rather made it over from scratch, it was too messy to fix. Animating the wheel tracks turned out to be quite difficult with the tools at hand, but I might try again at a simpler animation than I originally wanted.

The new texture is not meant as a final texture, just something I quickly threw together.
I will be working on it some more, as well as small optimizations on the model.

Attachment

Edit: Both tank.nif and tank_FX.nif are shaderless at the moment; so there's really no need for the FX version other than to override the fpk file.

Attachments

• 8800_2015-04-11_00001.jpg
    8800_2015-04-11_00001.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 78
Top Bottom