LINESII- Into the Darkness- Part II

The only thing better than a good old monarchy like UKKK (and I did point out the acronym's deeper meaning earlier! :p ) is an evil new monarchy, like Gerber. Self-advertisement FTW, incidentally.

Yeah monarchies are swell, but you have to include some mechanism for introducing fresh blood into the lineage every now and then, else things go straight to pot...and you end up with a King who's mostly teeth ;)

To: Tellium

Though we have no quarrel, your current actions make membership in the League of Valins quite unlikely. Ciao.

OOC: Eh, Republics (especially if they're more than a little Oligarchic) can be quite useful in the early game, especially if you're building a state in the mold of Athens or Venice.

Oh Iggy, could I get a response for my last PM? Thanks.

A Mountain's Burden
Written during the 6th year of the reign of Onna Gyoja by Shijin Yuryaku and Nukata Hitomaro

Snow falls world turns white
A blanket of purity
Covering the land

Mountains groan at the burden
The weight of the darkened sky

Still unbowed they stand
Underneath the silver moon
Ageless as ever.

The wind blows its chilly breath
Cherry blossoms float on it

The leaves are all gone
The trees stand alone naked
Exposed to the world.

Stillness is like a mantle
The reverent hush of Nature

A falling snowflake
Carried by the raging wind
On a long journey

Joined by its kin it journeys
The sky turned to a white wall

No flower now blooms
Breaking the cover of white
No splash of beauty

A single tear hits the ground shattering
The weeping of the gods in heaven​

From Tellium
To Verta, Exilsium, Norvalin

New Veritas intends to exclude us from your Valin League due to a minor difference in domestic politics and inspite of hundreds of years of shared heritage, let us not allow the conceit of a single nation to stand in the way of our common bond. Tellium would like to open trade routes to each of your nations so that we may not lose our Valin traditions.

To: Tellium

It is interesting how you worded that. Shall we examine this "slight difference" of yours? You make the position of Autorex permanent, placing massive power in the hands of one individual. This perverts and destroys the spirit of freedom, and the belief that all Valins should be equal under the law. An Assemblum is designed to avoid the abuse of power which you, with your creation of a "Chairman," are condoning! Also, the ability of the wealthy to buy votes is absolutely disgusting. Though we respect our upper classes, the poor are no less citizens than the rich.

In addition, you refused to take part in the Crusade of Vengeance, claiming that your obligations to the wars against Khemri were greater than your bond to fellow Valin states. And yet, we heard very little of Tellium's armies in that war.

We repudiate you, for you are no Valins any longer. If you choose to return to sanity, we would be happy to welcome you back.

but you have to include some mechanism for introducing fresh blood

Vampirism? Or do you mean something like the Table of Ranks, but extended further? ;)

Technically, my new king slaughtered the entire royal family. Doubt that it counts like a mechanism, but we could turn into one. Whenever the ruling family grows obesse and inbred, launch a bloody coup! :p

To New Veritas
From Tellium

There were Khemrian soldiers within Telliums borders during that war*, where was your support for your Valin cousins? My forces were needed to defend their homes and could not be spared for the Emorian raid, but I did offer my aid if it could have been delayed. I hope you will reconsider using this as an excuse to sour relations with your brothers in faith.

OOC: As for my low profile in the updates; Tellium's commanders have a saying "When commanding troops like these, no news is good news."

*We are now at peace with the UKKK

Look at the UKKK (sounds like to the united KKK :p)
Subliminal messagin Kentharu.
Only fitting that a penguin should have it.
And everyone else with a postcount > or = 6666 :p.
hideous abnormalities and incest make royalty fun
Sigged.
Technically, my new king slaughtered the entire royal family.
Ottoman tradition for the win!
@Thlayli- Which PM is that? I thought I answered it. It may be deleted, as I had a full PM box.

1889 said:
To New Veritas
From Tellium

There were Khemrian soldiers within Telliums borders during that war*, where was your support for your Valin cousins? My forces were needed to defend their homes and could not be spared for the Emorian raid, but I did offer my aid if it could have been delayed. I hope you will reconsider using this as an excuse to sour relations with your brothers in faith.

As we said, return to a sane system of government and we would be happy to welcome you into the League.

Iggy: Resent! I never got a response, desole. :(

Ottoman tradition for the win!

If I recall correctly, THAT tradition only called for the slaughter of all the heirs but one.

We killed everyone we could find, all of their relatives and illegitimate offsprings. We killed their pets, too.

So there's a tiny, but vital difference. ;)

Well, I'm assuming that whoever does the killing doesn't kill himself upon completion.

:devil:UNHOLY POST 6666 FTW!!!:devil:

That's post 6,666, and it's spam. How could you, Iggy?

Anyway, I'll send orders in a couple of hours if I don't get a map before then. If i do, I'll spend some time revising them to fit the map and submit them in a few more hours.

Top Bottom