Farm Mod

The real problem we are getting with all these mew buildings is that they no longer fit on the tech boxes in the tech tree!

That happened a while ago for me due to Building Obsolescence, Holy Wars (I converted, no pun intended, the module for personal use), and my Building Modules.

That happened a while ago for me due to Building Obsolescence, Holy Wars (I converted, no pun intended, the module for personal use), and my Building Modules.

I have seen a couple of "fixes" I could do to AAranda's religions which will reduce the number, ie buildings that require other buildings don't need to require a tech. That will help a little. But then I have had one query as to why buildings wern't appearing on the tree :rolleyes:

The real problem we are getting with all these mew buildings is that they no longer fit on the tech boxes in the tech tree!

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention this. I fixed this already. If the Tech tree overflows, the icons get hidden. So no more overflow, but the hover still shows the correct text.

So, this problem will be gone in AND 1.60. And I plan on making Zap aware of it too.

1 step ahead of you guys. :cool:

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention this. I fixed this already. If the Tech tree overflows, the icons get hidden. So no more overflow, but the hover still shows the correct text.

So, this problem will be gone in AND 1.60. And I plan on making Zap aware of it too.

1 step ahead of you guys. :cool:

You may have "fixed" what you thought was the problem, but was the solution a real solution? Another option open to you I have seen somewhere (probably Civ 3) was to put the icons in a new line. Ie make the tech boxes have a dynamic size. hyper:mischief:

You may have "fixed" what you thought was the problem, but was the solution a real solution? Another option open to you I have seen somewhere (probably Civ 3) was to put the icons in a new line. Ie make the tech boxes have a dynamic size. hyper:mischief:

Well, that won't work. The reason I needed this solution is that Vincentz's guilds have like 20 buildings unlocked with the Tech_Guilds. It overflowed. Another line would overflow too, since the box can hold only 9 images. And regardless, our tech tree can't have dynamic tech boxes, it would overflow into other tech boxes.

While we are on Farm Mod topic:

As I mentioned to Afforess in another thread, there is a possibility to make food resources disappear due to real bad weather/global warming. Since this mod won't make it into AND 1.6, we can sit down and discuss this new twist to food resources with global warming/desertifications/massive storms destroying food resources.

However, I may add this: if we are to use Resource Refinements with food resources, this would be a lot more realistic. We just need to figure out how to re-seed the food that we refined in a building and transfer that resource from the building to the tile :D.

While we are on Farm Mod topic:

As I mentioned to Afforess in another thread, there is a possibility to make food resources disappear due to real bad weather/global warming. Since this mod won't make it into AND 1.6, we can sit down and discuss this new twist to food resources with global warming/desertifications/massive storms destroying food resources.

However, I may add this: if we are to use Resource Refinements with food resources, this would be a lot more realistic. We just need to figure out how to re-seed the food that we refined in a building and transfer that resource from the building to the tile :D.

My first thought for transplanting food resources (i.e. any plant resources, whether food or luxury) is a "Transplanter" unit for each one. The Transplanter would be expensive to build, require the resource in the city it is built in, and be consumed when using its ability (adding the food resource to an applicable tile). They should be tradable for Advanced Diplomacy. My concern immediately is abuse (high productive civs would spam them and have tiles covered with resources) and since they could not "build" resources on tiles which already have them, it could spoil the "resourced revealed with tech" factor.

My first thought for transplanting food resources (i.e. any plant resources, whether food or luxury) is a "Transplanter" unit for each one. The Transplanter would be expensive to build, require the resource in the city it is built in, and be consumed when using its ability (adding the food resource to an applicable tile). They should be tradable for Advanced Diplomacy. My concern immediately is abuse (high productive civs would spam them and have tiles covered with resources) and since they could not "build" resources on tiles which already have them, it could spoil the "resourced revealed with tech" factor.

Spies should also be able to steal a resource in the same way - modern historical examples tea and rubber.

Spies should also be able to steal a resource in the same way - modern historical examples tea and rubber.

Maybe Spies should also be able to steal Resources provided by World Wonders; industrial espionage and piracy and intellectual property rights. I would have no idea how to incorporate this since those resources are not on the map; maybe they can be introduced through a building.

Top Bottom