C2C - Civics Discussion Thread

Just as RoM had Modmods made for it, C2C could have some too. That way if you liked the Modmods premise you could install it and use it. If you didn't you simply don't include the Modmod.

I think the whole City Limits and Fixed Borders implementations would've been better if handled this way. And I really don't know why I didn't mention this earlier. Could've maybe saved some arguements and tons of posts. :p
JosEPh :)

In another post Koshling mentioned that making things optional is doable but the problem is that the AI can't (or can't without difficulty) be programmed to account for BOTH options. Therefore one would be the standard, which the AI can account for, and the other option would not, meaning the AI wouldn't know how to deal with it properly, which may result in a very bad AI.

But it seems like he is willing to implement some options, as he stated in the other thread, so hopefully this should work for you :)

Just as RoM had Modmods made for it, C2C could have some too. That way if you liked the Modmods premise you could install it and use it. If you didn't you simply don't include the Modmod.

I think the whole City Limits and Fixed Borders implementations would've been better if handled this way. And I really don't know why I didn't mention this earlier. Could've maybe saved some arguements and tons of posts. :p

JosEPh :)

Or even just as an optional setting. I think limited cities would be a good candidate or a custom game option.

If you have the time I can help you get set up. Some help on the programmin side would be appreciated since the list of things to do is always way longer than the amount of time to do them (espeically AI related).
I do have some time in the short term but I will have a job interview next week so I cant promise much.

@StrategyOnly : Are you still the main mod handling Civics? Or is it Hydro?

hah! :lol: Well I meant from a "management" standpoint.

Again same answer :lol: No really, if its adding new stuff to an OLD file, then its me, if its adding NEW stuff to new files or adding more civics, its better to talk to Hydro.

Finally completed this. The document is in open office format .ods

The first sheet has all of the Civics in C2C (as of this date). I broke them out into their own sheets as well for easier reference and also to tinker a bit.

The non-labeled row at the top represents the gray text you see in the Civics screen in the game itself, that is NOT included in the bullet points. So sometimes it will say "Grants +10% Science, +10% Gold to All Cities", but if the +10% Science is listed properly, I left it out of that text. So I'm uncertain if those are SUPPOSED to be included in the mechanics and aren't, or they ARE included, and just listed oddly.

Please let me know if you see any mistakes or need clarification on categories/entries.

Attachments

• C2C Civics.7z
    45.3 KB · Views: 174
Hey guys,

Not sure where to post this but do you know where the config setting is for "Religion Decay" ?
Also- when a religion does decay in one of your cities do the affiliated buildings of that religion disappear ?

Cheers
Colonleflag

@EldrinFal

I think there is a slight error in your spreadsheet, although someone with more knowledge than me can double check.
I believe that row 23 (buildings disallowed) tells you what buildings get disallowed from your current civic. So I suspect that in your case you were on Republic civic when you collected the data. If for instance you were on Chieftain civic all of row 23 would show as 'chieftains hut'

Can anyone confirm that is the case?

@sharinel, yeah buildings disallowed shouldn't really be an included field. It only disallows things that your current civic allows, so buildings allowed is all the information you need.

Row 23 should be deleted imo, and rows 87, 118, 177, 317 as they are all 'buildings disallowed'.
There are some empty rows that don't really need to be there (like most of them for the language civics) but i guess they aren't doing any harm and may possibly be used at a later date.

Row 59 however is '# of cities' located in the power set of civics, but it is only relevant for government.

@sharinel, yeah buildings disallowed shouldn't really be an included field. It only disallows things that your current civic allows, so buildings allowed is all the information you need.

Row 23 should be deleted imo, and rows 87, 118, 177, 317 as they are all 'buildings disallowed'.
There are some empty rows that don't really need to be there (like most of them for the language civics) but i guess they aren't doing any harm and may possibly be used at a later date.

Row 59 however is '# of cities' located in the power set of civics, but it is only relevant for government.

I had included Buildings Disallowed because that was listed in-game under that Civic. But more recently I looked at the XML file and it does not have a specific list of buildings under the Civic XML that are disallowed. The Building XML actually has a Civic Required field. So for the moment it is listed just because it appears under the Civic info as a bullet-point in-game.

Hydro or StrategyOnly, do either of you know why those show up in-game as "Buildings Disallowed" ? Is there a text file the game is referencing for that information?

Edit : That's the trouble with working on documents without Civ available to reference. I will remove the Buildings Disallowed row as they indeed appear according to currently selected Civic. Time to reference the Sevopedia only!

Edit2 : Changes made as suggested above. Thanks for checking guys!

"Buildings Disallowed" are other civic-specific buildings that are disabled because you're switching out of that civic. So for example switching out of Banditry will cause every other civic in that category to show the Bandit's Hideout as a disallowed building.

I had included Buildings Disallowed because that was listed in-game under that Civic. But more recently I looked at the XML file and it does not have a specific list of buildings under the Civic XML that are disallowed. The Building XML actually has a Civic Required field. So for the moment it is listed just because it appears under the Civic info as a bullet-point in-game.

Hydro or StrategyOnly, do either of you know why those show up in-game as "Buildings Disallowed" ? Is there a text file the game is referencing for that information?

Edit : That's the trouble with working on documents without Civ available to reference. I will remove the Buildings Disallowed row as they indeed appear according to currently selected Civic. Time to reference the Sevopedia only!

Edit2 : Changes made as suggested above. Thanks for checking guys!

"Buildings Disallowed" are other civic-specific buildings that are disabled because you're switching out of that civic. So for example switching out of Banditry will cause every other civic in that category to show the Bandit's Hideout as a disallowed building.

Correct, here is the example of the Bandits Hideout for which ONLY a civic determines when it is disallowed or not and when:

Code:
<bRequiresActiveCivics>1</bRequiresActiveCivics>
			<PrereqAndCivics>
				<PrereqCivic>
					<CivicOption>CIVIC_BANDITS</CivicOption>
					<bPrereqCivic>1</bPrereqCivic>
				</PrereqCivic>
			</PrereqAndCivics>

Correct, here is the example of the Bandits Hideout for which ONLY a civic determines when it is disallowed or not and when:

Code:
<bRequiresActiveCivics>1</bRequiresActiveCivics>
			<PrereqAndCivics>
				<PrereqCivic>
					<CivicOption>CIVIC_BANDITS</CivicOption>
				</PrereqCivic>
			</PrereqAndCivics>

Is this a boolean variable to turn it on or off?

I *think* that the CivicOption is the enabling tech, and that bPrereqCivic means it deactivates if you switch out of that civic. Don't hold me to that.

Top Bottom