Range and sources of education property

Let me know how it goes. If you get completely shut down with research while trying to improve your education then I will consider more dramatic measures.

I didn't want to make education levels only come into effect on oral tradition because the early push to keep education from being a problem has been a rather interesting strategic battle in the first stage of the game. However, having the 2nd level open up at Oral Tradition means that you may actually find it easier to ignore a bumrush for education enhancement measures. This is because you can counter some of the effects of negative education you were pointing out with animal captures, which insinuates that it MIGHT be better to first go for some hunting skills. Since its hard to say which approach would be more effective, it injects yet another 'interesting decision' point.

I can also see how an eternal game would make this whole scenario a bit more difficult in general though. More turns between techs would mean a much longer period of time for the negative education to settle in to negative modifiers. Hopefully this adjustment culls the impact a bit.

Top Bottom