Science on ethernity speed mode/warlord difficulty

stefanoroma88

Chieftain
Hi everybody,
first of all sry about my english
second of all this is a request of information so thanks to everybody that will answer
I started today an ethernity mode game on caveman to cosmos mod, difficulty warlord, with netherlands (so i have financial and seafare). After founding Amsterdam I immediately had +23 science while the city only generated 11 science (that at 2° turn). That is awesome but i couldn't explained it. I saved the game and started again like 5-6 times. I got +11,+12 max+13 like i normally take after founding the first city. My question is: why i got +23 that time with the same options? is terrain so important even in the 1-2 round? i think it's a bug, a positive bug but i really don't know
thx again

I reported a similar bug a few weeks ago - if you settle your first city and immediately use "regenerate map" you will get double research the next time you settle a city. And triple if you do it again.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13619891&postcount=717

Not sure if that one was fixed - do you use the latest (SVN) version?

A workaround is SHIFT+CTRL+T (recalculate everything).

I finished now trying and u were right! i get triple or even more research at first turn!
btw i think this affects only the very beginning of the game, becouse it is doubled but not for the entire game , am i right?
thx for the answer man :)

Top Bottom