German multicultural society "has failed" -- Chancellor Merkel

Northern Virginia is pretty diverse too.

I think we can safely say all of America is diverse.

USA #1

I dont know what your definition is, but there will be more languages spoken over dinner tonight in London than any other city on earth. London no 1 baby.

Yes, we get it, white Brits can speak a lot of languages :p

Considering America was built on immigration from all corners of the globe, it's not exactly an achievment. It's more like a statement of fact.

Hell yeah it's an achievement, because we can rub it in the faces of all the other failed multicultural states :p

To all you Germans:

Do you have these "immigrant-clusters" in your cities? That is, apartment blocks that are mostly (if not almost completely) populated by immigrants?

I'm expanding this so that anyone in a country where "multiculturalism" has "failed" can answer.

To all you Germans:

Do you have these "immigrant-clusters" in your cities? That is, apartment blocks that are mostly (if not almost completely) populated by immigrants?
Immigrant-cluster??? When did Rosengård go from being a ghetto to being an immigrant-cluster?

Hell yeah it's an achievement, because we can rub it in the faces of all the other failed multicultural states :p
But most other states AREN'T multicultural! Germany, Spain, Egypt, Japan, Russia, China and most other "old world" countries have their own distinct culture.

What is the reason we need to turn every society in the world into a consumeristic, multicultural society that will not be any different from the culture of New York?

Further evidence that the fairly-progressive attitude of Off-Topic is anything but the norm. At the very least, this lets us know that we Americans are not the only ones who have cultural clashes with outsiders.

---

I see the dark jokes regarding Germany's history have already been made, but I'm at least glad Germany, as strong as this anti-immigrant sentiment is, won't be going to Third Reich politics any time soon. We've made SOME progress as a collective race, even if it's slow.

Aaannnd the Indians, Arabs and peeps from the former USSR.
Yeah, lotta Indians in B-town. Pretty much every kind of Arab, too, but he remembered those.

Merkel has been under pressure to take the CDU (further) back towards the right for some time now. This statement should be seen as an tactical retreat by Merkel in her party's inner power struggle.
I doubt this government has the stones, or even an interest, to make significant changes to Germany's immigration laws.

America is multicultural? Bah no way. That is a myth. A bi-culture in the south-west between the Anglos + Hispanics is it. Anyway multiculturalism doesn't mean multiracial, it means people of different cultures should be allowed to worship there own gods and practice there own traditions in peace - but we now know from experiance this doesn't work!!

Angela Merkel is spot on tbh. If only Mr Cameron had the same idea. Current Islam and the modern west cannot co-exist - we must force them to intergrate or we should send them back!!

I don't want Britain to become the United Nations. A world without the Anglo-Saxon/Celt is a miserable one!

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

I think one of the reasons why European countries have so much trouble integrating immigrants compared to the United States is that Europeans are native to their own countries. In America everyone are on equal footing since almost no one who matters in that country are natives. In Europe on the other hand the name of your nationality is closely connected to your ethnicity and that makes it much harder for immigrants to integrate with the majority(it would almost be like a white guy moving to an Apache reservation and expect everyone to consider him an Apache).

America is multicultural? Bah no way. That is a myth. A bi-culture in the south-west between the Anglos + Hispanics is it. Anyway multiculturalism doesn't mean multiracial, it means people of different cultures should be allowed to worship there own gods and practice there own traditions in peace - but we now know from experiance this doesn't work!!
Aye, so you do. :mischief:

A world with the Anglo-Saxon is a miserable one!
Fixed. :p

I think one of the reasons why European countries have so much trouble integrating immigrants compared to the United States is that Europeans are native to their own countries. In America everyone are on equal footing since almost no one who matters in that country are natives. In Europe on the other hand the name of your nationality is closely connected to your ethnicity and that makes it much harder for immigrants to integrate with the majority(it would almost be like a white guy moving to an Apache reservation and expect everyone to consider him an Apache).
Which is why Britain should really be better at this than it is- "British" is a purely civic nation, not an ethnic one, so it shouldn't be any harder to be a Chinese-Briton, Punjabi-Briton or Ghanian-Briton than it should be to be an English-Briton, Scots-Briton or Welsh-Briton.

A recent survey showed that more than 30% of Germans believed Germany was "overrun by foreigners".
Anybody actually surprised that 3 out of 10 Germans are apparently bigots?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Germany

In 2005: Total population = 82 million[2]

German citizens = (91%)[2]

Germans of no immigrant background: (81%) 66.7 million[2]

German citizens of immigrant background (including people of partial immigrant background.): (10%)[2]

Foreigners: (9%)[3]

Turkish = (2.1%) 1,713,551
Others = (6.7%) Around 5 million
Italians (528,318)
Poles (384,808)
Serbs and Montenegrians (330,608)
Greeks (294,891)
Croats (225,309)
Russian Federation (187,835)
Austrians (175,875)
Bosnia and Herzegovina (158,158)
Dutch (128,192)
Ukrainians (126,960)
and others each around 100,000: Portugeese, French, Spanish, United States, and United Kingdom citizens.

I know, a disgrace!

We need to be proud of our collective history. Opressing the coloured man is our greatest achievement!

Moderator Action: You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, racist, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I know, a disgrace!

We need to be proud of our collective history. Opressing the coloured man is our greatest achievement!
I thought it was beating up Frenchies? It really is hard to keep track, given how great we are. ;)

Top Bottom