US Midterms - Predictions and Aftereffects

Well, Carl Paladino lost. Cuomo was the only statewide Democrat I voted for. New York gets embarrassed enough it was worth voting for Cuomo to keep Paladino out.

In what part of the video are the makers implying that the PRC has done anything wrong rather than simply using them as a prod to make ourselves better?

I clearly don't know what you mean by that. Are you saying the video itself is a motivation for voters to vote for candidates that are against so-called government spending; and that using fearmongering is a way to shake people's emotion to a degree where they must obey not reason, but by fear?

And I never knew that "The Ancient Greeks" were a nation state. You learn something new everyday, eh? :rolleyes:

Turning their backs on their homoerotic traditions did em in though.

In what part of the video are the makers implying that the PRC has done anything wrong rather than simply using them as a prod to make ourselves better?
The mocking, villainous laughter didn't exactly paint them as all hugs and kisses.

I clearly don't know what you mean by that. Are you saying the video itself is a motivation for voters to vote for candidates that are against so-called government spending; and that using fearmongering is a way to shake people's emotion to a degree where they must obey not reason, but by fear?
I don't get what you mean by fear.

I don't get what you mean by fear.

The way I see the video, is that there is a existential threat to American status as a global power by our practice in government spending, bailouts, and social welfare. And if there isn't any solution, then China will take over us.

The way I see the video, is that there is a existential threat to American status as a global power by our practice in government spending, bailouts, and social welfare. And if there isn't any solution, then China will take over us.

So the things that work are all the problem and the deficits that the Republicans pushed on us get a free pass?

So the things that work are all the problem and the deficits that the Republicans pushed on us get a free pass?

I don't know. I am not saying I agree with my own interpretation of the video, or clearly understand what the message is supposed to be. I just thought it was interesting to share it with you guys since it had an element of what I think is sinophobia. The video fascinate me.

Is anyone else watching Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC asking every guest about the debt ceiling since Rand Paul was proclaimed the winner?

Asking folks what exactly they would cut seems very valid, but I don't see this fear over the debt ceiling vote. They pass, even with noise.

Is anyone else watching Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC asking every guest about the debt ceiling since Rand Paul was proclaimed the winner?

Asking folks what exactly they would cut seems very valid, but I don't see this fear over the debt ceiling vote. They pass, even with noise.

Pretty much no one is willing to actually say what they will cut. Each side wants the other to take all the heat for any cuts. But in the current climate, I don't know that increasing the ceiling will go off without a lot of ugliness.

Pretty much no one is willing to actually say what they will cut. Each side wants the other to take all the heat for any cuts. But in the current climate, I don't know that increasing the ceiling will go off without a lot of ugliness.

That's been the trend the last few times. But so have congressional pay raises.

One politician was pretty funny. She said she would cut sending across the board. She was asked about the military, social security, and medicaid and she backtracked to "discretionary" spending. When asked about discretionary military spending, she backtracked yet again. When asked what she would cut from the remaining 9% of the budget, no specifics.

Governor-for-life Perry has been retained. For what exactly, I'm unsure. There is also a fair chance that my State Rep Solomon Ortiz (D) will be defeated by Farenthold (R). Every other possible non-House spot is going Republican, as usual.

538 is saying the Republicans are assured of capturing the House and the Democrats of retaining control of the Senate. Meh.

JollyRoger said:
One politician was pretty funny. She said she would cut across the board. She was asked about the military, social security, and medicaid and she backtracked to "discretionary" spending. When asked about discretionary military spending, she backtracked yet again. When asked what she would cut from the remaining 9% of the budget, no specifics.

Marsha Blackburn? I've been watching MSNBC since their layout hurts my eyes the least.

You know, if any canidate, GOP, Dem, or Tea-Partyer came flat out and said "I will balence the budget by cutting exactly X% of [Insert govt service] and I will do that by doing this, this, and this", I would seriously consider voting for them.

One politician was pretty funny. She said she would cut sending across the board. She was asked about the military, social security, and medicaid and she backtracked to "discretionary" spending. When asked about discretionary military spending, she backtracked yet again. When asked what she would cut from the remaining 9% of the budget, no specifics.

Par for the course. :)

Marsha Blackburn? I've been watching MSNBC since their layout hurts my eyes the least.
I'm not sure who it was, though it could have been just about any of them. I think she was also yammering about this being about a philosophical divide rather than a partisan divide, so perhaps she is hoping that the philosophers will give her some cover. I blame Fifty.

Top Bottom