Governments and Politics

Mid Session Event

It was a dark and still night. Many people stopped going outside at night because of the violence. The streets in the wealthy and middle districts were empty. Downtown was in complete silence. Shadows emerged from the Parsa River and stepped on the unprotected floors of the Kings palace...

Chaos in the palace the next day! Servants and slaves were scrambling around, trying to find the missing gold of the king. People closed in on the public square infront of the palace, where a strange symbol was painted with blood. Blood of the only death in this event, the death of a slave who had tried to stop the thiefs from stealing the king's gold. Who did it, how, no one knows.

Even with all the chaos, the king was not seen. But it is said he is furious, on a rage inside the palace.

Spoiler :
With this, turn two of Session 1 begins. We are also still waiting on the king's response to the social policy.

Steel Knight passed through the small town into the palace. It really was a beautiful wonder. He bowed to the King of Kings and got permission to speak. He then said "Oh great king of Persia, i congratulate you on your decision to help the people make pots to store food. Some members of Persia are talking about a building we could make with Pottery called a Granary,which greatly increases our food output. We definitely should build one in perseopolis when the science of pottery is finished. We also have some wheat that our people crave. To get this wheat to perseopolis we need a worker. I suggest we build a worker instead of a scout. I'm definitely glad we sent out the warriors out to kill savage people called barbarians which could threaten our civilization. I think persia should be a place of great tradition and you should make it so when we have culture to spend.
Thank you Oh King of Kings for listening to me today.:king::king::king:

I'm sorry I wasn't on yesterday! I had some very personal 'drama.' And I wasn't able to get on! I am reading to catch up right now!

Okay, let's get all the official stuff out of the way:

What Social Policy shall we choose?
Tradition
I was personally going to go for Liberty, and then Collective Rule, but I am glad we are going to do Tradition, so maybe we could go for Legalism and then maybe Liberty to Collective Rule, and then go for Monarchy/Landed Elite? It's only an idea, so tell me what the empire believes to be right.

For the name of the River, Pârsa River, is a wonderful name, and I accept it.

For the Queue, I'm not sure if I want to build the workers before or after the granary, the reason I chose not to build them immediately, was because of the fact that the majority of the area was forest, and I knew the only tiles we could do with them were to farm the Grain, until we researched Mining, which we were lucky enough to have that already done for us! However, even then, we wouldn't really have anything to do with them until we gain more land and research Trapping. Do you understand my reasoning for building buildings instead?
Instead of moving the granary in front of the monument, continue until completion of Monument before starting granary for now.
If time is given, start the work of a group of workers, although it has been said by many citizens to build them before the granary, I think it might be best to build them after due to lack of things to do. However, place the Great Library at top of Queue upon completion of researching Writing, unless whatever is being built has 3 or less turns until completion.

Stealing from the King! What a very barbaric thing that is! I would have thought we were living in a barbarian encampment! I am placing a 30 Gold Coin Price on the evil doers head! Hopefully they will be found!

I don't think it's possible at the moment, however, if it is allowable, then I say go for it. I'm not sure who gets the money, I'm guessing me, since I'm the king?

It is allowable. The king would take control of the tiles and sell them at the price he wants. However, that would mean he would have to change the only Land law there is, which is:

Each person who becomes a politician will receive a tile. The tile he receives is the one with the citizen in-game.

I am not sure if any player can afford a full tile though, unless the king wants to sell them for very little.

It is allowable. The king would take control of the tiles and sell them at the price he wants. However, that would mean he would have to change the only Land law there is, which is:

Each person who becomes a politician will receive a tile. The tile he receives is the one with the citizen in-game.

I am not sure if any player can afford a full tile though, unless the king wants to sell them for very little.
Should I do that?

Humble young man, in his early 17-teens, enters the city through the main gate. He passes the guards, unnoticed, and heads directly to the Kings Palace.

At the beginning he cannot believe his eyes. He has never seen such a beauty in his short life. Born in the bushes, he never even had a chance to get to know what most of that beautiful things are used for.
When the time passes and he'll learn that most are useless, but now, he seems to be very impressed.

"Go clean yourself and polish your equipment before you come to King's home, soldier". A Guard have woken up young man.
"Sir, yes sir." Men responded automatically, even though it was only Guard. Military life is not something one can forget about easily. Nevertheless, in his thoughts, he agreed. Dirty and sweaty he doesn't want to met the King.

Young man decided to leave the palace to take a bath and change his clothes. He turned around and headed back to the the Palaces gates.

"Guard, what's your name." Young man has heard.
After a while louder voice repeated.
"Guard, what's your name. Respond when your King calls you."
He turned around and felt on his knee as he had the King in front of him.
"Guard, you'd better have good reason to show on duty like that". King said. "Or else I'm shell have your head on my plate by the evening."
"Dear King. I'm not your guard. I'm a new citizen to the glorious city of Persepolis". Young man responded.
After a while he added.
"I'm Marcus Pierce, a soldier. I've spent my whole live in the bushes fighting barbarians. But now I've come to Persepolis as I've heard that you are about to set a Land Auction. I think I have deserved some land with my duty."
"Hmm, never heard of that". The smile has shown on the Kings face. "But sometimes it happens that King doesn't know of his own ideas. Expect announcement from my Advisors when I make my mind. By then, be gone and clean yourself soldier. Duty or not your no longer in the bushes."

A great place for a city I believe would be at the head of the Pârsa River on the plains 2 tiles from the Incense and Dyes and next to the wheat and Flood Plains.

A far as taking away tile from a Politician currently I think that would be a bad idea. I think that there should be a law that allows the King to take possession of a tile based on criminal activity but taking for no reason would place all Politicians at your throat.

all OOC: seconded.

As to CotE, what I do with these sort of games is compartmentalise them. I don;t need a preference for one or the other as they are distinct and separate in my mind. So I can go on stabbing Filli Noctus in this game for example if he ends up as an opposing character and go right on working with him in amicable co-operation in CotE if such a thing were to occur.

incidentally Filli Noctus should really get a move on in updating the turnset in his own game. The decisions are made and there is nothing more to say so getting the ball rolling would be nice ;)

ooc: weird how we already seem to be going at each other like CotE (not intentional I assure you).

And as for Prestige I'm sure i said weekly updates due to time commitments.

A great place for a city I believe would be at the head of the Pârsa River on the plains 2 tiles from the Incense and Dyes and next to the wheat and Flood Plains.

A far as taking away tile from a Politician currently I think that would be a bad idea. I think that there should be a law that allows the King to take possession of a tile based on criminal activity but taking for no reason would place all Politicians at your throat.

If I were to do that, I would not take the tile away from DefoesRightBoot, instead, I would just take the ones that are not owned yet and sell them for a small price to anyone who wants them. The same goes for if I wait until there is another politician. Maybe this should be an automatic thing, where the king takes possession of all new tiles, and each session someone can buy them from them. I don't know yet.

ooc: weird how we already seem to be going at each other like CotE (not intentional I assure you).

And as for Prestige I'm sure i said weekly updates due to time commitments.

OOC: early game yet Filli Noctus, things havent developed to the point where it is inconcievable that an amicable co-operation cold emerge. No problem about weekly updates however I think you simply mentioned that I had till the weekend to make first decisions instead of explicitly setting an update time period, although of course I may be mistaken.

--

Jehashuthra heard while talking to one Jafar on matters of religion that some delinquent had stolen gold from the King of kings. This evil must indeed be punished and the perpetrator brought to justice, but more importantly we must restore the order of Ahura Mazda to Persia in adherence to the virtues of the Amesha Spenta so that such a thing never occurs again.

His Majesty also has suggested selling land to people for a price, thinkning on this Jehashuthra thinks that it is likely a little early to be making decisions such as this and that the current system should be retained until later when the Persian empire is larger and its citizens more able to afford the land for its proper price and indeed once due consideration is made considering that our empire is in its early formative development.

He also heard of one Chgrogers musings that settling near the head of the Pârsa River would be beneficial for the acquisition of dyes and incense would be a good idea and Jehashuthra heartily concurred with this thought, with this Chgrogers effectively reading his mind. Furthermore the head of the river is almost certainly portentious in location and sanctified by the Yazata for the origin of our river which nourishes and gives life to our lands is almost certainly a blessed place.

Top Bottom