The most annoying thing is back again in CIV4 from CIV3 .

Mat777

Warlord
The most annoying thing for me is waiting 15 sec each time you push END TURN . :mad:

Like in civ3 , more the map is reveal , more the end turn time wait is getting longer . When the game is new , it take like 1 sec , and now it take more than 15 sec with the map 100% reveal with sattelite tech . :crazyeye:

Now in CIV4 its even worse when the map is getting reveal , its a total slide show , more you see the map , less frame per second you get . Now i see it completely and its a slide show . :crazyeye:

Its not like i got a low computer . 2.8ghz , radeon9800 pro .

So we need to wait for patch or this will never even get optimized i guess .
An other nice bug-free---well-opimized , pc game , as we can see . :rolleyes:

Interesting, i have AMD 64 roughly 2.8 GHz and Radeon 8500 128 megs of ram and only 512 megs of ram. and i do not have any issue you are talking about. other than the time at the end of turn. which i expect because the AI still needs to take theor turn. But the game runs just finr for me. Well when i retire the game takes a while to exit. but the grapics run smooth for me.

Randall_Flagg said:
Interesting, i have AMD 64 roughly 2.8 GHz and Radeon 8500 128 megs of ram and only 512 megs of ram. and i do not have any issue you are talking about. other than the time at the end of turn. which i expect because the AI still needs to take theor turn. But the game runs just finr for me. Well when i retire the game takes a while to exit. but the grapics run smooth for me.

ho yea well , are you sure you have 15 cities and 15 units? and the whole map reveal?

lol , i really wonder how many fps ppl with minimal system will get . And i doubt u get a good frame rate with a lilttle 8500 ...

Just played through most of a game on a large map last night. I have 1gb ram 6800gt and athlon 3200xp..... well anyways, i found almost no wait time at "end turn". I did get a long wait with civ 3 with my rig but in civ 4 the wait is about 2-5 seconds, and maybe a bit longer when i was having a war on three fronts, but i think that was mostly unit animations that made the "delay" seem longer.

I'm almost willing to bet the more RAM you have the better the game will run.

I have a 1.8 GHz processor, and with the last pre-release builds, I never had to wait more than 15 seconds between turns, and that was only late in the game with wars going on, normally wait times are around 5 seconds. That is nothing compared to how in Civ3 you would have to wait for literally 5 minutes.

I didn't notice anything in my first game. Maybe a couple of seconds. Although I did play a fairly peaceful game. (I think two cities changed hands the entire game.)

In fact my fan didn't kick up in the entire game either. So it can't been too bad.

ipris said:
15 seconds? seems trivial to me.

15 seconds? I wish *I* had 15 seconds.

With

Athlon 64 3200+
GF6600GT
2 GB DDRRAM

I get minimal, if any 'end turn' lag.. I just finished a game with 4 AIs on a large map.

so yeah, I think it mostly has to do with your amount of ram.

Mat777 said:
The most annoying thing for me is waiting 15 sec each time you push END TURN . :mad:

Like in civ3 , more the map is reveal , more the end turn time wait is getting longer . When the game is new , it take like 1 sec , and now it take more than 15 sec with the map 100% reveal with sattelite tech . :crazyeye:

It is possible that you have programs running in the background eating up your processor.

Try this (I use it when I play all games): download End It All 2 (you can find it freeware if you look hard) and stop all nonessential programs from running before you begin your game.

You should see a significant change afterwards.

Mat777 said:
ho yea well , are you sure you have 15 cities and 15 units? and the whole map reveal?

lol , i really wonder how many fps ppl with minimal system will get . And i doubt u get a good frame rate with a lilttle 8500 ...

Could be your video drivers, wrong version of DirectX (if you didnt' install the one with the game) or anything else local to you.

I have a 2,4GHz w/ 512 RAM. The only part of my system that is below rec. specs (but meets the minimmum) is the video card. I have never had to wait even 10 seconds to end a turn.

Krikkitone said:
And 15 seconds is good, I remember Civ3 and Civ 2 turns that would take 5 minutes or more.

Weird. My longest turn in Civ III was, maybe, 10 seconds. In Civ IV I've yet to see a turn go more than 2 seconds.

Fredric Drum said:
Phew, got me scared there, thought you were saying that trespassing by DEFAULT was back!
Very true!!

Original Poster: If you think 15 seconds is BAD, you should instead work out all the math on a piece of paper and then feed that into the program. Let us know how long that's taking you.

(BTW, I have a 1.5ghz Athlon, 512ram, 128nVidia and I'm only waiting like 10 seconds or so)

PoweredBySoy said:
3700+
7800GT
2GB ram

I wait about 1-2 seconds.

It's most likely a RAM constraint.

I'd agree. RAM and/or running too much junk in the background.

AMD 64 3000
1g ram
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
WinXP Pro highly optimized for gaming

Takes about 2-3 seconds between turns. Current empire is 12 cities up around time of the corporation tech with most of the ("normal" sized) map revealed and I have tons of units. I've yet to experience any kind of game or video lag.

Mat777 said:

15 secs!! Kids these day, they just have no patience! Hell, I remember when I was playing Civ 3... :D

Mat777 said:
Its not like i got a low computer . 2.8ghz , radeon9800 pro .

So we need to wait for patch or this will never even get optimized i guess .
An other nice bug-free---well-opimized , pc game , as we can see . :rolleyes:
hehehe, an Aldi PC :mischief: ???

Top Bottom