Seeking Texturer

depends strongly on what kind of stuff you model.
give me some examples and i can tell you more.

well, thats a bit too generic for me, cant promise you anything.
but you can approach me if you have a 3d model and need a texture for it.
but don´t be disappointed when i dont have time or will to take the job.

Hey! I'm currently looking to learn some 3D modelling and photoshop skills. I've only just really started, but I'm a fast learner, and i'd love to try my hand at texturing :)

So yeah :) Unless you're looking for someone with experience in the field (I've got a decent handle on Photoshop, I've never really brought it into Civ though), buzz me when you have a model and i'll see what i can do :)

PS I just had a close look at your avatar. Is his left eye meant to be doing that?!?

My PC and I cannot agree.

As a compromise, we've decided to seek an elizabeth model without a collar.

My PC and I also need a Boudica with mansa musa's hat.

.. if yer taking requests ..

My latest, Queen Theodora has need of 3D model assistance. (see that thread)

Ek is great. Mabey Ek is the best. Ek would take weeks to get to my request. So those requests will not be filled in the near future. These LH would find fine homes and many would adopt them as their own. The challenge is there if you want to sharpen those skills. I love to paint..

theodora need hat fixing. It's not full on LH making but she needs a polygon massage.

Isn't it obvious ? You don't need a partner to make nothing.
PM if you change your mind.

no panic, no rush. If you can help out, that's great.
If other things jump out for you, that's great too.

Post here or PM, Niknak. I'll go for it over the weekend (friday night atm :))

Oh yeah. His eyes were pointing in completely different directions :)

Okay, moopoo, here's my London Eye model. Eye.dds is the texture (you'll notice I changed the model after I knocked up that horrible mess :p) and Eye_Circle.tga is a sort of template from Blender. From eye.dds you'll notice that transparency is on so that you can make the spoke-type things going across it.

Good luck! :goodjob:

Attachments

• London Eye.zip
    66.1 KB · Views: 60
=|
I reckon my plan of attack here will be to create the texture as a new layer over the TGA file, then export as a dds :) I'm not sure what's happened with the dds, coz A) I have no idea where the faces are and B) As far as I can tell, it's not transparant :) I'll keep you updated :)

First update: I've got the wires done through the middle done, by which i mean i've drawn a bunch of straight lines through the centre of the image :). Straight lines are a pain in the arse on photoshop *unimpressed face*

Two questions, for anyone able to give advice on texturing.

1) what's the easiest way to have a look at my progress in nifviewer?

2) The framework of the eye is a lattice structure (This). What would be the best way to emulate that on a flat surface? I'm thinking of creating a single cell of one of those, and then duplicating and shifting until it covers what it needs to. Can anyone suggest a better (in either efficiency or end result) way?

*shrugs* I think Nifskope is doing funny things with the texture. your wires appear through the centre, but looking through the centre, through what should be transparant sections, random bits of the legs disappear (for some reason the legs and capules aren't transparent at all :confused:)

But yeah. I'm going to bed now, coz down here in Aus it's night time, and I need my sleep :)

Top Bottom