My scout won an accidental victory

dalgo

Emperor
He had finished exploring so I sent him on an automatic trip home. Several turns later I got the message that I had captured Veracruz! Obviously his automatic route had taken him through an undefended enemy colony. A real bonus this time but if they'd had any guns stockpiled I would have lost my scout. Surely there should be a warning message before the fight in a case like this.

Wait, were you at war with them? No Civ that I can recall has ever had a "oh by the way you're automated unit is about to get captured" warning. Only Sentry would have warned (by activating), but for that, he'd have to be non-moving.

I don't think he'd have automatically marched into combat if the city had a defender. I guess he went right through it because the square was 'unoccupied'. If I remember correctly, units stop their automatic movement if they stumble upon a foreign unit.

great story!

I don't think he'd have automatically marched into combat if the city had a defender. I guess he went right through it because the square was 'unoccupied'. If I remember correctly, units stop their automatic movement if they stumble upon a foreign unit.

That makes sense.

A beer to anyone who can say 'col2 is not broken' with a straight face. :p

Aww be nice to joWood. Silent Storm was amazing. I wish they'd made a new X-Com on that engine.

Silent Storm was amazing. I wish they'd made a new X-Com on that engine.
I would say it had the potential to be amazing, but in my opinion it was deeply flawed, and I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I expected to.
If someone [Sid is our champion!!!] were to re-make X-Com on that engine, it would make my day; hell, it would make my year.

If it's as good as the original was and IS, it would 'make' the good part of a decade :^)

Top Bottom