How Much War?

Cutlass

The Man Who Wasn't There.
I have a long game running on a huge map. Despite that, I had close borders with the Dutch and Sitting Bull. Sitting Bull fought the Ditch instead of me, and nearly destroyed them. So I took out the Dutch capital to keep it. Sitting Bull then instantly went from pleased with me to war (why?), and I had to take him out.

Now I don't have any other indians nearby that I don't have good relations with, and they keep giving me converts. So I don't really want to go after them. But I need more experienced troops, GGs, and FFs.

So how much indian war is enough?

I have a long game running on a huge map. Despite that, I had close borders with the Dutch and Sitting Bull. Sitting Bull fought the Ditch instead of me, and nearly destroyed them. So I took out the Dutch capital to keep it. Sitting Bull then instantly went from pleased with me to war (why?), and I had to take him out.

Now I don't have any other indians nearby that I don't have good relations with, and they keep giving me converts. So I don't really want to go after them. But I need more experienced troops, GGs, and FFs.

So how much indian war is enough?
I always play the French, myself. I easily get every single tribe on the entire map to love me, and they always insta-kill the other Europeans for me, if I ask. Which is always funny. I mean, I ask them to go to war after selling them guns and horses, and BAM! One turn later, every Euro city is burnt to the ground and the Euros are just a few ships floating off the coast. Okay, sometimes it takes two turns for the Natives to wipe them out. Same diff.

Why would you want to kill the Injuns?? :(

EDIT: Never keep a city captured from a Euro power who was at war with the Indians, or even in bad relations. WHy? Because when you become the new owner of the captured city, YOU get the blame for everything the Indians were pissed off about concerning that city and its owners! Which I actually find realistic. It's not like the French just walked in, captured an English town which was at war with the Indians, and were instantly beloved. Quite the opposite (IRL I mean).

Top Bottom